Anti-Serotonin Drugs May Treat Fibromyalgia

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

Ok...I would love a cognitive boost at my age:). The ATP info is good to know...I have been wondering which function to concentrate on now.
Also, Motrin/Advil, etc. didn't do a thing. My PA told me how Aleve is different and how it works ...tried it and really makes a big difference.
That's amazing you can still work out at the gym with fibromyalgia. Good your regimen is working.
Wow, that's interesting about naproxen (Aleve). I'm wondering about Celecoxib as an alternative to aspirin; it appears to have a significantly lower incidence of GI side effects, and I think I'm developing an ulcer, but it's very hard to tell anything with fibro.

kaybb

Wow, that's interesting about naproxen (Aleve). I'm wondering about Celecoxib as an alternative to aspirin; it appears to have a significantly lower incidence of GI side effects, and I think I'm developing an ulcer, but it's very hard to tell anything with fibro.
Yes..true, fibro makes everything difficult. I know Aleve is in the catagory that has 2 pathways instead of one. Motrin and aspirin have 1 pathway. Idk about Celecoxib. Aspirin can hurt my stomach if too I take too much and also I half the dose of Aleve and take on a full stomach...or same thing, it hurts my stomach.

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

Yes..true, fibro makes everything difficult. I know Aleve is in the catagory that has 2 pathways instead of one. Motrin and aspirin have 1 pathway. Idk about Celecoxib. Aspirin can hurt my stomach if too I take too much and also I half the dose of Aleve and take on a full stomach...or same thing, it hurts my stomach.
Interesting; thanks for the dosing guide. I just found a study that says that celecoxib has lower gastrointestinal side effects than aspirin, and I'll post it.

Gastrointestinal toxicity with celecoxib vs nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs for osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis: the CLASS study: A ra... - PubMed - NCBI

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

Just updating; I have minimal symptoms as long as I stay on check with my supplements. Check out my log for more info. Caffeine, red light, and aspirin have been very helpful, as have DHEA, pregnenolone, and thiamine.

kaybb

Just updating; I have minimal symptoms as long as I stay on check with my supplements. Check out my log for more info. Caffeine, red light, and aspirin have been very helpful, as have DHEA, pregnenolone, and thiamine.
Good to hear!

johnwester130

Effects of antidepressant mirtazapine on fibromyalgia symptoms.

PURPOSE:

Fibromyalgia syndrome (FS) is a form of non-articular rheumatism. The main criteria are the widespread musculoskeletal pain and tender points at multiple characteristic sites which are associated with several vegetative and functional symptoms. Depression is the most frequent psychiatric concomitant of FS. Etiology is unknown, connection between disturbances of serotonin metabolism and pathogenesis is postulated. Pharmacological therapy with analgetic and nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs is not very effective. Positive effects were reported in some patients treated with antidepressant drugs, especially serotonergic agents.

MATERIAL AND METHODS:
In the study a novel antidepressant drug mirtazapine was used characterized by selective blockade of 5-HT2 and 5-HT3 receptors. In an open trial participated 29 patients with FS, who met 1990 ACR criteria for fibromyalgia. All were treated with mirtazapine for 6 weeks. Intensity of pain, sleep disturbances, fatigue and other symptoms were measured using visuale analogue scale, severity of depression was evaluated with HDRS and BDI.

RESULTS:
An open trial completed 26 patients, the majority of them experienced a clinical improvement at the end of the study as a consequence of > or = 40% reduced intensity of fibromyalgia symptoms as well as reduced severity of depression. The significant correlation between reduction in depression after 6 weeks of mirtazapine treatment with the reduction on all four main symptoms of FS suggests a common pathophysiology of depression and symptoms of fibromyalgia. The data thus far obtained indicate the blockade of 5-HT2 and 5-HT3 receptors with mirtazapine as an effective and promising method in FS.

CONCLUSIONS:
Further double-blind placebo-controlled study are required to confirm our results.

Effects of antidepressant mirtazapine on fibromyalgia symptoms. - PubMed - NCBI

Do you think there is an alternative explanation for this illness?

Many people these days identify as something called a starseed, believing their soul is from another planet. They develop symptoms often associated with fibromyalgia and autistic like behaviour.

Many people also believe autism is connected to the alien phenomena, and that it can be connected to nanobots and alien bacteria in the world.
Some people have suggested they became autistic after an alien abduction.

Greta Thunberg is the stereotypical autistic girl, highly intelligent, motivated, empathic and even has the autistic facial features. Although she may have been corrupted by evil forces.

I think they have developed some kind of telepathic, precognitive ability as described in Graham Hancock's books, - but payed the price by developing fibromyalgia

Philip K **** also wrote hugely about these altered states but also connected it to autism

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals