America's new anthem - "Fake Woke"

Rafe

The new political anthem.

Am I understanding right that he’s recording & distributing independently?

when Bret Weinstein said, “They’re coming for you (in academia),” I thought he was being dramatic. Let me just leave it for now at: he wasn’t.

Rafe

Sorry. Bret Weinstein is the faculty member at Evergreen State who got forced out of his tenured position, along with his wife (both evolutionary biologists), b/c he dissented against the minority Day of Absence reversal on that campus in 2017.

He now has the Dark Horse podcast & has started contributing to organizing a left libertarian, anti-postmodernis left, Unity Party. I think they’re supporting Yang’s run for mayor in NYC.

TY for the music.

Charger

He may be corny, but he manages to get a VERY important message out to the public at times when politicians or regular people attempting to do the same get immediately censored, defunded, sued, jailed, or worse. So, if corny art gets this task of vital national importance done, then it's fine by me.

I don't feel his message is unique, original, or brave. I've skimmed through a few of his songs and it just sounds like he's trying to regurgitate alt-righty ***t that was popular a few years back while playing it down in the next verse. Very 2edgy4me.

Granted, I've mostly checked out on politics, so I couldn't tell you what people in general are feeling these days as I don't personally look for stuff to get pissed off about.

Maybe I need more serotonin and estrogen.

Last edited:

tankasnowgod

I don't feel his message is unique, original, or brave. I've skimmed through a few of his songs and it just sounds like he's trying to regurgitate alt-righty ***t that was popular a few years back while playing it down in the next verse. Very 2edgy4me.
Well, he's apparently popular enough to hold down the number one spot on iTunes with a few different tracks without any music label backing him up. Maybe not edgy, but I'd call that successful.

Charger

Well, he's apparently popular enough to hold down the number one spot on iTunes with a few different tracks without any music label backing him up. Maybe not edgy, but I'd call that successful.

Wet **** P*ssy was pretty successful and popular too. There's an audience for everything.

His performance on iTunes or YouTube isn't a reflection of whether or not his 'message' has any merit or validity, it's simply what's being talked about right now. I had a coworker bring this song to my attention, probably wouldn't have listened to it otherwise.

nomoreketones

sounds like he's trying to regurgitate alt-righty ***t
I only listened to "Fake Woke" and "Cancelled". I didn't hear any content that I would consider "Alt-Right".

For reference, the current 2021 definition of alt-right is the following according to Merriam-Webster:
Definition of alt-right:
a right-wing, primarily online political movement or grouping based in the U.S. whose members reject mainstream conservative politics and espouse extremist beliefs and policies typically centered on ideas of white nationalism

Drareg

If this is the song with the most first-week views collected on iTunes ever, it probably says something about its relevance...

@Drareg @Regina @tankasnowgod

"Fake Woke"

"...I think it's crazy I'm the one who they labeled as controversial
And Cardi B is the role model for twelve year old girls
There's rappers pushing Xanax at the top of the Billboard
But if I mention race in a song I'm scared I'll get killed for it
It's backwards, it's getting exponentially dumb
It's more difficult to get a job than purchase a gun
Eminem used to gay bash and murder his mom
And now he doesn't want fans if they voted for Trump
We're ashamed to be American, you should probably love it
'Cause you have the right to say it and not get strung up in public
[Video version: "Cause you have the right to hate it and not get stoned to death in public"]
As children we were taught how to walk and talk
But the system wants adults to sit down and shut up
Cancel culture runs the world now, the planet went crazy
Label everything we say as homophobic or racist
If you're white then you're privileged, guilty by association
All our childhood heroes got MeToo'd or they're rapists

They never freed the slaves, they realized that they don't need the chains
They gave us tiny screens, we think we free 'cause we can't see the cage
They knew that race war would be the game they'd need to play
For people to pick teams, they use the media to feed the flame

They so fake woke, facts don't care about feelings
They know they won't tell me what to believe in
They so fake woke, same old, safe zones
They so fake woke, facts don't care about your feelings

I think it's crazy how these people screaming "facts" but they fake woke
Hate their neighbor 'cause he wears a mask or he stays home
Has a daughter but his favorite artist said he slays hoes
Picks her up from school, music slaps on the way home
Censorship's an issue 'cause they choose what they erase
There's a difference between hate speech and speech that you hate
I think Black Lives Matter was the stupidest name
When the system's screwing everyone exactly the same
I just wanna spend Thanksgiving Day with food and my family
Without being accused of celebrating native casualties
We got so divided as black and white and political
Republicans are bigots, libtards if you're liberal
There's riots in our streets and it's just getting worse
Y'all screaming defund the police, y'all are genius for sure
They're underfunded already, they're way too busy to work
Order food and call the cops, see what reaches you first

Segregation ended, that's a lie in itself
That was a strategy to make us think that we're trying to help
They knew that racism was hot if they designed it to sell
We buy up every single box and divide us ourselves

They so fake woke, facts don't care about your feelings

Use violence to get peace and wonder why it isn't working
That's like sleeping with a football team to try and be a virgin
Politicians are for sale and someone always makes the purchase
But you and I cannot afford it, our democracy is worthless
If a man has mental illness call him crazy, say it silently
When country's going crazy we accept it as society
Get sick and take a pill when the side effects get you high
You get addicted like these rappers dying fighting with sobriety
Censoring the facts turns our children into idiots
They claim it's for our safety, I'll tell you what it really is
Removing information that empowers all the citizens
The truth doesn't damage points of view that are legitimate
They're tryna change amen to amen and women
How'd we let them make praying a microaggression?
Instead of asking God for the strength to keep winning
We cheat to get ahead and then we ask Him for forgiveness

Feminism used to be the most righteous of fights
But these days it feels like they secretly hate guys
I don't trust anyone who bleeds for a week and don't die
I'm just kidding, but everything else that I said is right

They so fake woke, facts don't care about your feelings."

This is what rap was before it got commercialized, contemporary rap has identical lyrics from one song to the next, contemporary rap promotes low intelligent degeneracy, the old school had political lyrics, it was art back then.
He is on Apple Music also, they will have to cancel him.

I don't feel his message is unique, original, or brave.

I'd say his opinions which would be conservative by usual standards and 'hard-right' by today's standards are less than 5% represented in any kind of mass media. As someone with conservative stances I don't really get to hear my opinions voiced that often - the media simply gives no spotlight to people who don't kow-tow the narrative.

Judging by the comments I see a lot of people who feel the same way.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I only listened to "Fake Woke" and "Cancelled". I didn't hear any content that I would consider "Alt-Right"
Tom raps about this. People hear him and automatically assume he is conservative and stick him in the alt-right category due to their programming.

He also raps about the pharmaceutical industry and calls them out for what they are.

Luann

I like the effort, however I feel that he is reacting to issues that are contrived (BLM)... and avoiding bigger problems. edit since charlie's post: nice!

I do like that he addresses the guilt that the farleft tries to evoke, since that is very toxic

CreakyJoints

The ToS actually says you can get banned for pretty much anything. However, lately they have been banning people under the "hate speech" category (for political activity) or "disagrees with scientific concensus" (for COVID-19 related activity). If he gets banned it would be different because this is art and though art is often political (like his), banning art would be a direct admission of fascism/totalitarianism and a step that most people (even the "woke" crowd) would probably balk at and punish companies that practice it.

I'm sure I'm missing a few steps here, but you're saying that as a reaction to banning art, audiences at large will unite and boycott YouTube? Not sure it's worked that way super reliably in the past, but I can certainly think of a few things that only became famous because they got banned. Maybe if it happened to many established artists in a short period of time? I admire that level of optimism, in any case.

Again, I seriously doubt it'll get taken down; it's really not that controversial, I don't think.

I was not blown away by these tracks. I did think the lyrics were at least reasonably eloquent, even if the delivery wasn't super amazing. All the best to him, and again, condolences to OG Tom Macdonald, who is already impossible to search for.

I'd say his opinions which would be conservative by usual standards and 'hard-right' by today's standards are less than 5% represented in any kind of mass media. As someone with conservative stances I don't really get to hear my opinions voiced that often - the media simply gives no spotlight to people who don't kow-tow the narrative.

I think the point they were trying to make is that there are plenty of contemporary artists trying to spread similar messages, with similar views, especially a few years ago - you're correct that there is no spotlight afforded those people, and they don't even get the massive boost in following this apparent controversy will generate. He is currently enjoying the spotlight though, so good for him!

I also think it is fascinating that this forum has rushed to make this about left/right dichotomies again when I think he specifically tries to avoid addressing one over the other - you're all part of the problem he has with the world at large, no? I hope the irony isn't lost on everyone.

I also think it is fascinating that this forum has rushed to make this about left/right dichotomies again when I think he specifically tries to avoid addressing one over the other - you're all part of the problem he has with the world at large, no? I hope the irony isn't lost on everyone.

Simply having relatively sane, conservative viewpoints, or deviating from the media-driven narrative is enough to get you branded as an extremist right-wing Nazi. People have been conditioned to think in these polar extremes, that's why there is so much reactionary 'us vs them' exchange when it comes to politics.

Obviously we need to deprogram ourselves to not look at ideas through the lens of a political compass and instead judge them on their own merit. The 'divide and conquer' tactic has been employed against the public with great success. It is however, important to remember that almost every political system has one common truth: the only real 'parties' are always the elite and the rabble.

Charger

Tom raps about this. People hear him and automatically assume he is conservative and stick him in the alt-right category due to their programming.

He also raps about the pharmaceutical industry and calls them out for what they are.
I only listened to "Fake Woke" and "Cancelled". I didn't hear any content that I would consider "Alt-Right".

For reference, the current 2021 definition of alt-right is the following according to Merriam-Webster:

Whether or not he's right wing, alt right, conservative, etc. His lyrics (not just in this song) primarily sympathize with those on the right/conservative white people, it's not lost on me. Which is fine for him to do, it is what it is, I'm just not personally one of those white folks that feels I'm being silenced, nor do I feel most people are, so it doesn't resonate with me.

nomoreketones

Whether or not he's right wing, alt right, conservative, etc. His lyrics (not just in this song) primarily sympathize with those on the right/conservative white people, it's not lost on me.
I don't see anything conservative about the lyrics. If I were to assign a political ideology to this song I would describe this song as "liberal". I interpret this song as an anti-corporation song pulling the curtains back showing how the corporate world and media control the population through the promotion of division and hatred among Americans.

The following quote is from the Wikipedia article on liberalism: Liberalism - Wikipedia
Liberalism is a political and moral philosophy based on liberty, consent of the governed and equality before the law. Liberals espouse a wide array of views depending on their understanding of these principles, but they generally support free markets, free trade, limited government, individual rights (including civil rights and human rights), capitalism, democracy, secularism, gender equality, racial equality, internationalism, freedom of speech, freedom of the press and freedom of religion.

Last edited:

Charger

I don't see anything conservative about the lyrics. If I were to assign a political ideology to this song I would describe this song as "liberal". I interpret this song as an anti-corporation song pulling the curtains back showing how the corporate world and media control the population through the promotion of division and hatred among Americans.

The following quote is from the Wikipedia article on liberalism: Liberalism - Wikipedia
The chorus is literally quoting Ben Shapiro. C'mon son.

The following quote is from the Wikipedia article on Ben Shapiro: Ben Shapiro - Wikipedia
Benjamin Aaron Shapiro (born January 15, 1984)[1] is an American conservative political commentator and media host.

nomoreketones

The chorus is literally quoting Ben Shapiro. C'mon son.

The following quote is from the Wikipedia article on Ben Shaprio: Ben Shapiro - Wikipedia
I would certainly describe Ben Shapiro as a conservative. I agree the words, "Facts don't care about feelings" come from Ben Shapiro. So what? That doesn't mean the overall meaning of the song itself can't be Liberal.

Is a Liberal not allowed to quote a sentence from a Conservative? Is a Conservative not allowed to quote a sentence from a Liberal. It doesn't matter who someone quotes from. What matters are the words themselves in the context of the entire song.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Tom Macdonald on Fox News a couple days ago.

Rick K

In a word ... this is awesome!!! I'm a professor at a large state university in California. I'm libertarian, free-thinking, heterodox thinking as well but I'm also a crazy heretic, no doubt. I was very discouraged for awhile, and I'm admittedly still fairly cynical about where this CRT/SJW stuff is taking us, all of humanity (down the regressive drain), but there are glimpses of hope, like this. I do think that there will be a good amount of pushback. Once the left themselves--and I'm talking about the super woke, radical left--start getting canceled, maybe things will change. I'll remain optimistic. That said, the authoritarianism from that far radical left is hard to take. Thanks for sharing!!
I find it a pathetic irony that the liberals and the liberal party (Democrats) in general advocate being the party of the people and endorse this "wokism" when they are, in fact, the party that endorsed slavery in the south, the Jim Crow laws, the Chinese Exclusion Act, segregation, defeating womens' rights, the Indian wars and seizure of their lands and promoted Margaret Sanger who was nothing more than a racist when she proposed abortion in the hopes of eliminating Blacks and Chinese. Now they embrace fascism by utilizing all the tools to suppress dissent. They will return America to the Old South again but this time color won't be central to their theme.

Rick K

Glad to see the forum is getting attention from academia! Just out of curiosity - what got you here? Was it health topics or the general..."attitude" of the forum towards life?
I also think there is a lot of hope for change, and I am also cynical to a degree but for a different reason. A significant portion of the population of Western countries (maybe half?) is basically neurologically damaged. I just don't see how one can make peace and unite with such people. Not because they are wrong on some issues (we are mostly wrong, most of the time) but because they are simply incapable of handling life as it naturally streams through their consciousness unless some reductionist expert is in charge of every aspect, and tells them exactly what/when/how to do at every step in order to produce exactly the results they want. In other words - they demand certainty in an uncertain world, and become very much violent when they don't get it. How does one live with people like that, when it is precisely their demands for certainty that are driving the current pathological trends for engineering a predictable, "safe", discrete, and sterile world that will eventually destroy its engineers? It seems to me that it is very much a battle for survival at this point. They absolutely cannot live in the real world, and we can't live in theirs...
Your comment about neurological damage rings very true, coupled, I think, with intense psychological damage from constant exposure to stress and fear. I have yet to see a report about the systemic societal harm SSRI's are doing to all who drink city water. We have known for years that most drugs are poorly metabolized and that most of them are passed on to the waste treatment centers and we have talked about antibiotics in this regard but never SSRI's. For those of you who don't know, waste treatment facilities cannot filter these things from the water and so we all end up ingesting them. Considering the damage they do to those for whom they are prescribed, wouldn't this go a long way to explaining the rapidly escalating mental health issues in our society? Tens of millions of Americans are prescribed these drugs.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals