Low Toxin Studies A single, small 306 microgram dose of beta-carotene took an estimated 58 days to turn over

mosaic01

Wow.

And this is also a great study for showing how much beta-carotene is actually converted to retinol. They write a minimum of 62% is turned into retinol. So a lot will eventually go the retinol route.

"What is clear is that, by our estimates, a minimum of 62% of the absorbed β-carotene was cleaved to vitamin A and by this reasoning the vitamin A value of β-carotene dose was 0.53. [The calculation is as follows: Assuming central cleavage, 1 mol of β-carotene yields 2 mol of vitamin A. If 62% of the absorbed β-carotene were cleaved to vitamin A, 1 mol of β-carotene would yield 1.24 mol of vitamin A. Thus, the vitamin A value of the absorbed dose is 1.24. Yet, the dose was 42.6% absorbed. So, the actual vitamin A value is (1.24) (0.426) or 0.53.]"

1 molecule of beta-carotene turns into 2 molecules of "active vitamin A".

The 0.53 value means that 1mg of ingested beta-carotene will turn into 0.5mg retinol. In other words, one medium carrot (eaten with lots of fat) can be equivalent to 27g beef liver.

Due to the time-delayed conversion, an acute poisoning is not possible, but a chronic poisoning is.

Peater

I can’t think rinsing would take 6000iu of beta carotene in one carrot down enough? Would it?
I don't know, all I can say is my callouses lost their orange tint while eating it with just vinegar. I squeezed the hell out of it while rinsing under running water.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
The 0.53 value means that 1mg of ingested beta-carotene will turn into 0.5mg retinol. In other words, one medium carrot (eaten with lots of fat) can be equivalent to 27g beef liver.
Wowsers! Death by carrot salad really is a thing.

kaybb

I don't know, all I can say is my callouses lost their orange tint while eating it with just vinegar. I squeezed the hell out of it while rinsing under running water.
Interesting

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals