B1 Thiamine Powder

ddjd

has anyone tried the b1 thiamine HCL powder from life giving store? its definitely not from china is it?

Elize

Gosh I bought the. powder from Bulk supplements and found out that it comes from China and contains microcrystalline. I react to the crystalline and develop bad body aches now am trying to find a liquid version.

I've also ordered some last week, together with their Niacinamide powder. Although they suddenly stopped selling niacinamide. I wonder why.
Hi Vinero! Thank you for your purchase, we sincerely appreciate your business.

Unfortunately we are out of the Niacinamide right now. :( We only ordered a small batch to see if there was any interest in it, but we do plan on ordering a large amount of it next time so hopefully this does not happen again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Momentum

@LifeGivingStore
I, along with many friends, would love to be able to purchase the TTFD derivative of Thiamine (made by Ecological Formulas).
There does seem to be a difference of which derivatives cross the blood brain barrier. But the only brands with TTFD contain many nasty fillers, etcs. Both brands are made by Ecological Formulas. Would love their pure powder in 100 gram amounts. Many chronically ill people need 2-3 grams/day!

A lifetime of work in this book: https://www.amazon.com/Thiamine-Def...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=KYVCEN5G9GXXM3P45QRE

Great interview with one of the authors:
And one of the author's web sites: Navigating Thiamine Supplements- Hormones Matter

I believe the "paradox" effect the authors speak of, people often getting sicker before getting well, is probably a reaction to the MCC. They are lucky that eventually the thiamine must reset this. In the meantime, I don't want 2,000 mg of Ecological Formula's fillers.

mbachiu

has anyone tried the b1 thiamine HCL powder from life giving store? its definitely not from china is it?
I have purchased & I like it better than the NOW foods supplement I was using before. I’m noticing a bit better glycogen storage, but that could also be due to a number of other factors

OP
ddjd

ddjd

@LifeGivingStore
I, along with many friends, would love to be able to purchase the TTFD derivative of Thiamine (made by Ecological Formulas).
There does seem to be a difference of which derivatives cross the blood brain barrier. But the only brands with TTFD contain many nasty fillers, etcs. Both brands are made by Ecological Formulas. Would love their pure powder in 100 gram amounts. Many chronically ill people need 2-3 grams/day!

A lifetime of work in this book: https://www.amazon.com/Thiamine-Def...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=KYVCEN5G9GXXM3P45QRE

Great interview with one of the authors:
And one of the author's web sites: Navigating Thiamine Supplements- Hormones Matter

I believe the "paradox" effect the authors speak of, people often getting sicker before getting well, is probably a reaction to the MCC. They are lucky that eventually the thiamine must reset this. In the meantime, I don't want 2,000 mg of Ecological Formula's fillers.

Swanson sell it. Swanson Premium Activated Vitamin B-1 16 mg 30 Veg Caps - Swanson Health Products

Momentum

@ddjd That is yet another derivative, and I think a very good form.
I think the biggest problem for those who are chronically ill is getting to an affordable dosage (1,000-2,000 mg) w/o all the fillers and excipiants. (At least for several months.) A few bottles might be worth a try, at least it doesn't contain microcrystaline cellulose.
There is much dispute saying that the benfotiamine doesn't cross the blood brain barrier, but many people say it does it help their brain issues. It would seem the best forms are lipo or alli (TTFD) combined with benfotiamine.

BMC Pharmacol. 2008 Jun 12;8:10. doi: 10.1186/1471-2210-8-10.
Benfotiamine, a synthetic S-acyl thiamine derivative, has different mechanisms of action and a different pharmacological profile than lipid-soluble thiamine disulfide derivatives.
Volvert ML1, Seyen S, Piette M, Evrard B, Gangolf M, Plumier JC, Bettendorff L.
Author information
Center for Cellular and Molecular Neurobiology, University of Liège, Avenue de l'Hôpital, 1, 4000 Liège, Belgium. [email protected]
Abstract
BACKGROUND:
Lipid-soluble thiamine precursors have a much higher bioavailability than genuine thiamine and therefore are more suitable for therapeutic purposes. Benfotiamine (S-benzoylthiamine O-monophosphate), an amphiphilic S-acyl thiamine derivative, prevents the progression of diabetic complications, probably by increasing tissue levels of thiamine diphosphate and so enhancing transketolase activity. As the brain is particularly sensitive to thiamine deficiency, we wanted to test whether intracellular thiamine and thiamine phosphate levels are increased in the brain after oral benfotiamine administration.

RESULTS:
Benfotiamine that is practically insoluble in water, organic solvents or oil was solubilized in 200 mM hydroxypropyl-beta-cyclodextrin and the mice received a single oral administration of 100 mg/kg. Though thiamine levels rapidly increased in blood and liver to reach a maximum after one or two hours, no significant increase was observed in the brain. When mice received a daily oral administration of benfotiamine for 14 days, thiamine derivatives were increased significantly in the liver but not in the brain, compared to control mice. In addition, incubation of cultured neuroblastoma cells with 10 muM benfotiamine did not lead to increased intracellular thiamine levels. Moreover, in thiamine-depleted neuroblastoma cells, intracellular thiamine contents increased more rapidly after addition of thiamine to the culture medium than after addition of benfotiamine for which a lag period was observed.

CONCLUSION:
Our results show that, though benfotiamine strongly increases thiamine levels in blood and liver, it has no significant effect in the brain. This would explain why beneficial effects of benfotiamine have only been observed in peripheral tissues, while sulbutiamine, a lipid-soluble thiamine disulfide derivative, that increases thiamine derivatives in the brain as well as in cultured cells, acts as a central nervous system drug. We propose that benfotiamine only penetrates the cells after dephosphorylation by intestinal alkaline phosphatases. It then enters the bloodstream as S-benzoylthiamine that is converted to thiamine in erythrocytes and in the liver. Benfotiamine, an S-acyl derivative practically insoluble in organic solvents, should therefore be differentiated from truly lipid-soluble thiamine disulfide derivatives (allithiamine and the synthetic sulbutiamine and fursultiamine) with a different mechanism of absorption and different pharmacological properties.

@LifeGivingStore
Hi Momentum, we hope to have it available soon. It has been a challenge to find a high quality source while also not breaking the bank. So it has taken some time to go through many sources searching for the right one. We do think we have found it, but need a bit more time. I will give a heads up in this thread and also in our newsletter soon as it's available.

yoshiesque

Gosh I bought the. powder from Bulk supplements and found out that it comes from China and contains microcrystalline. I react to the crystalline and develop bad body aches now am trying to find a liquid version.
Did they not list microcrystalline as an ingredient. Because I checked their site and it says under other ingredients that there is nothing.

Zpol

Hi Momentum, we hope to have it available soon. It has been a challenge to find a high quality source while also not breaking the bank. So it has taken some time to go through many sources searching for the right one. We do think we have found it, but need a bit more time. I will give a heads up in this thread and also in our newsletter soon as it's available.
Thank you for the heads up. I've been keeping an eye out for your release of this product as well. Looking forward to it.

Momentum

Did they not list microcrystalline as an ingredient. Because I checked their site and it says under other ingredients that there is nothing.
The Pure Bulk is the benfotiamine. I'm looking for TTFD - just the powder. Both TTFD products, allithianine and lipothianine (both produced by the same company, albeit different labels) have lots of fillers, among them cellulose and mcc. Let me know how you like Pure Bulks's Benfotiamine please. I purchased melatonin from them years ago, and it was completely inert. Reviews are so mixed with them.

That being said, @LifeGivingStore, I am thrilled you will be able to get this (hopefully reselling in 50-100gms or more ;-). I would also purchase pure benfo powder if you get that. With the word picking up on TTFD with the release of Lonsdale and Marrs' book, I think the demand will be huge. And I will promote your product, on social media and web comments like crazy!!!!!

If you've been on Marrs' website, there are two articles on B1 and in the comments people (think they) are having bad reactions to TTFD to which Lonsdale is contributing to the paradox affect (maybe?). I'm assuming they've read the book and are taking dosages of at least 500mg--2,000mg and that is a lot of mcc from the available product.

I'm not sure what is unique about mcc, but I've never noticed an acute reaction to it with all my sups, but when I started LDN several months ago, OMG, I had a severe reaction. I didn't realize it was the mcc and I got more and more ill each day (husband begging me to go to the ER). 2.5 weeks into it I saw a post on the LDN facebook group with my exact symptoms..... and it was to the mcc..... not an uncommon. Seems to be unique to being compounded with LDN (which is why docs and pharmacists aren't believing patients) and also to a lesser extent natural thyroids (which I had a less severe reaction to a decade ago). I'm sure no amount of mcc is good for anyone, let alone taking 10-30 capsules of TTFD with mcc.

I'm also looking forward to pure TTFD powder. And I second @Momentum's suggestion to sell packages of at least 50-100 g. Thanks, @LifeGivingStore.

OP
ddjd

ddjd

wow if they can get pure TTFD that would be very cool

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals