Beyond A Century Will No Longer Have Their Own Powders

4peatssake

Dan Wich said:
I forgot to update this thread, but the Health Natura guy is actually willing to sell reasonable doses of pregnenolone (10g and up). So I consider him the "Beyond a Century replacement" for now. You do have to get a personal price quote by e-mailing him using the address on the site, or calling 205-758-3373.
:woo

Thanks Dan!

jaguar43

Dan Wich said:
I forgot to update this thread, but the Health Natura guy is actually willing to sell reasonable doses of pregnenolone (10g and up). So I consider him the "Beyond a Century replacement" for now. You do have to get a personal price quote by e-mailing him using the address on the site, or calling 205-758-3373.

Which one would be the best DHEA supplement from your list?

OP
Dan W

Dan W

jag2594 said:
I'm not sure, I don't have any evidence of any of the DHEA powders being superior to the others. I do like that PureBulk offered to send a "Certificate of Analysis" for their products when I wrote to them...but at this point I'd just go with whichever one looks the most convenient (from the powder list, not the old DHEA page that I haven't updated yet).

jaguar43

Dan Wich said:
jag2594 said:
I'm not sure, I don't have any evidence of any of the DHEA powders being superior to the others. I do like that PureBulk offered to send a "Certificate of Analysis" for their products when I wrote to them...but at this point I'd just go with whichever one looks the most convenient (from the powder list, not the old DHEA page that I haven't updated yet).

Thanks for the work!

Worlpt

Thanks, I hadn't heard that, even though I am on their mailing list. I'd been buying for many years but hadn't for a while, so I don't look closely at their mailings. I suppose that there's no reason to be on their mailing list anymore. What do they expect, that people will buy name brands from them at higher prices and higher shipping than we can get elsewhere?

readforjoy

How do you know how to dose with the powder pregnenolone? Say I bought the 10g powder from Health Natura. How would I measure out 10 or 50 mg worth?

4peatssake

readforjoy said:
How do you know how to dose with the powder pregnenolone? Say I bought the 10g powder from Health Natura. How would I measure out 10 or 50 mg worth?
The Beyond A Century powder comes with a little measuring spoon of .15ml which is the equivalent of a smidgen.
It's the second spoon up in the photo. The .15 ml is a 50 mg dose.

31Y74TJVDBL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Worlpt

4peatssake said:
The Beyond A Century powder comes with a little measuring spoon of .15ml which is the equivalent of a smidgen.
It's the second spoon up in the photo. The .15 ml is a 50 mg dose.
The last time I bought niacin there, there was no little scoop included and my complaint email was just brushed aside - something about how I didn't really need one.

My impression is that it's case of a company where things went steadily downhill once the old man turned the business over to junior.

Worlpt

It seems that BAC will have an "Independent Value Brand" line of powders (made by another company):
http://www.beyond-a-century.com/Returni ... _c_66.html

e.g.:
DHEA Powder, 10 Grams
Your Price: $16.90

Curcumin 95% Powder, 50 Grams
Your Price: $19.75

Now, would anybody have any opinions on the curcumin, as to whether that's a good bang-for-your-buck compared to generally what Amazon sells in bulk? (I'm not sensitive to additives so that's not a factor for me.)

tomisonbottom

Scratch that, I just found your webpage with all the supplements listed Danwich.
Great job, thanks so much for doing that!

Question though; why do you have melatonin and Gaba and things like that? Doesn't Peat say those are bad?

OP
Dan W

Dan W

tomisonbottom said:
Scratch that, I just found your webpage with all the supplements listed Danwich.
:hattip

tomisonbottom said:
Question though; why do you have melatonin and Gaba and things like that? Doesn't Peat say those are bad?
A lot of the pages are by request, or because someone I know is taking a particular supplement. I basically want the site to help any random health-nut to avoid crappy additives, though my Peat-biases often show through :lol:

Have you heard any particular warnings about GABA? I still have it my "insomnia kit".

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Dan, not sure if you know about them or not but http://www.nutrabio.com/ seems to be pretty good for some supplements. They claim pure supplements with zero excipients, I even think some are pharmaceutical grade IIRC. I have gotten ALA from them.

tomisonbottom

Dan Wich said:
tomisonbottom said:
:hattip

tomisonbottom said:
A lot of the pages are by request, or because someone I know is taking a particular supplement. I basically want the site to help any random health-nut to avoid crappy additives, though my Peat-biases often show through :lol:

Have you heard any particular warnings about GABA? I still have it my "insomnia kit".

I thought I read something bad about it recently by Peat but now I can't remember where I read that. So, in short, no, I don't know that it does have any bad effects.

OP
Dan W

Dan W

Charlie said:
Dan, not sure if you know about them or not but http://www.nutrabio.com/ seems to be pretty good for some supplements. They claim pure supplements with zero excipients, I even think some are pharmaceutical grade IIRC. I have gotten ALA from them.
Thanks Charlie. I remember their zinc powder looked like a great option, but I should look at their whole range of products. It looks like they are often willing to provide Certificates of Analysis, which is nice.

tomisonbottom said:
I thought I read something bad about it recently by Peat but now I can't remember where I read that. So, in short, no, I don't know that it does have any bad effects.
Gotcha. Someone told me he had really bad withdrawal symptoms from it, so maybe it's best left alone.

sveral

Did anyone try asking Peter, how much does vitamin E mixed tocopherols cost?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals