• Benfotiamine

Votes: 11 20.0%
  • Allithiamine

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • thiamine TTFD

Votes: 7 12.7%

• Total voters

GenericName86

I've been looking into what kind of thiamine to supplement with, is benfotiamine still regarded as good? I've seen some concerns about increases cancer with it and cancer survival with benfotiamine. Also read a thread before when searching here that it's not a good synthetic kind. Are these the usual "everything can cause cancer" things or is it a legitimate concern? I'm looking at benfo, allithi and the normal hcl at the moment.

golder

Also interested if TTFD is as good as regular vit B1 for reducing lactate? Thanks!

AndrewGesell

What's the best form of thiamine supplement?

Theres so many!!

Thiamine Pyrophosphate / thiamine HCL / benfotiamine / allithiamine / thiamine TTFD

I’m swaying towards the thiamine pyrophosphate, this one: https://www.metabolics.com/vitamin-b1-thiamine-pyrophosphate.html

Or for thiamine HCL: https://www.metabolics.com/vitamin-b1-thiamine-hci.html

Benfotiamine: https://uk.iherb.com/pr/Life-Extension-Benfotiamine-with-Thiamine-100-mg-120-Vegetable-Capsule/7456 OR https://uk.iherb.com/pr/Doctor-s-Best-Benfotiamine-150-with-BenfoPure-150-mg-120-Veggie-Caps/42

Or is nutritional yeast enough? I just don’t want to be eating spoonfulls of that a day.

I know everyone will say diet, where i am getting over the DV for b1, but who's to know i don't have dysbiosis which is preventing proper absorption, it's just something i wan't to try out.
Hey can you give some follow up? I’m looking to purchase after reviewing your post

golder

@Hans whats your favourite form, dosage and timing of B1 and why? Sorry for isolating you, I value your opinion :)

ursidae

Are the headaches due to hypoglycaemia? I find that if I eat more things like bananas it’s less severe, but also my appetite is lower from this vitamin

Hans

Forum Supporter
@Hans whats your favourite form, dosage and timing of B1 and why? Sorry for isolating you, I value your opinion :)
I've only use thiamine HCL and allithiamine so far, but I like the HCL more than the allithiamine. I like 300mg doses more than lower doses. Haven't tried really high doses yet.

mostlylurking

Its different for everyone. Some do well on HCl, while others thrive on TTFD. Benfo is a winner for others. Some seem to react to the sulfur in the TTFD which I think its possible thats the case for me. I seem to do best on HCl and Benfo along with nutritional yeast to fill in the gaps. Oh, and I do most of b vitamins topical, when ingested I find it can push gut biome in the wrong direction due to feeding of the critters (@Tarmander et el 2020). Another thing is limiting pure sugar, I think many come to Peat and "sugar it up"(table sugar) leading them to Beriberi hell. That is one thing I would have done different if I knew then what i know now, less plain sugar, and more natural sugars ala milk, fruits, honey, and maybe whole wheat rusk bread?(@paymanz et el 2020) :D
Apparently negative reactions happen more frequently when taking TTFD than when taking other types of thiamine. Elliot Overton has a good video about dealing with side effects. Check out his youtube channel; he has a lot of very good videos about thiamine.

Dr. Lonsdale, Dr. Chandler Marrs, and Elliot Overton are all big fans of TTFD. I'm still trying to understand why. One pill of Thiamax (just TTFD thiamine and magnesium) gave me a 36 hour headache. The sales pitch is that TTFD works faster and you don't need to take as much, and it gets through the blood brain barrier whereas other types of thiamine do not. I decided it wasn't for me and I'm following Dr. Costantini's protocol now with thiamine HCl. He always used this type when helping his Parkinson's Disease patients; it says on his site that it gets into the neurons whereas Benfotiamine does not. My brain symptoms have gone away since taking the larger doses of thiamine HCl so from my perspective, I think the HCl type works just fine. I'd rather take larger doses and not have side effects.

I've worked my way up to 2 grams/day of thiamine HCl, divided into two doses, one morning and one before 3:00pm. Per Dr. Costantini's instructions (in his FAQ's on his site), I'm dissolving a gram of thiamine HCl powder in a glass of water and drinking it down. It's an acquired taste. Thiamine keeps a lot of people awake at night if taken later in the day. If taken earlier in the day it improves sleep.

Dr. Costantini warns in his FAQ's that if you get shooting pins and needles pains in your legs your dose is too high and to reduce it. This happened to me when I tried taking 2.5 grams. The pain is like electrical zaps; it is impossible to go to sleep. So 2 grams is my dose.

I'm a whole lot better but I'm still experiencing a lot of pain at night. It wakes me up and I can hardly move but then I go back to sleep and I don't hurt in the morning. I'm envisioning the cortisol spiking and the pain I'm experiencing is the cortisol dissolving my muscles. I would really like to work out how to keep this from happening. So far, I've found that a gram of aspirin with about 100mg of niacinamide at bedtime helps. If I forget to take the afternoon dose of thiamine this night pain is a whole lot worse.

Link to Dr. Costantini's site: HDT Therapy
Link to Dr. Chandler Marrs site: Hormones Mattter
Link to Elliot Overton's site: Articles | Stafford | EONutrition

Dave Clark

Allithiamine and lipothiamine are both ttfd. Alli is not enteric coated and lipo is.
Also, Lipothiamine is composed of alpha lipoic acid, so if you are one of the people who is staying away from that compound, then do not use the Lipothiamine formula. Whereas, allithiamine/TTFD by itself has no ALA. ALA is known to liberate heavy metals, but then if not used every so many hours, can redistribute the metals in the body, causing further problems. I personally would just use the allithiamine by itself.

P

Peatness

What's the best form of thiamine supplement?

I’m swaying towards the thiamine pyrophosphate, this one: https://www.metabolics.com/vitamin-b1-thiamine-pyrophosphate.html
Been using this under the tongue as suggested by someone on the forum. I've also use the capsule form but the liquid under the tongue seems to have a superior absorption rate for me. I use several drops at a time. This is a good article

From the article

Last edited by a moderator:

tommyg130

Been using this under the tongue as suggested by someone on the forum. I've also use the capsule form but the liquid under the tongue seems to have a superior absorption rate for me. I use several drops at a time. This is a good article

From the article
The oral pyrophosphate dose you don’t do high doses right? No need?

Frankdee20

I've only use thiamine HCL and allithiamine so far, but I like the HCL more than the allithiamine. I like 300mg doses more than lower doses. Haven't tried really high doses yet.
That’s a high dose of HCL, any insomnia? What do you like about 300 vs lower ?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom