Orange Juice And Thiamine Deficiency

J

JohnBonham

I had a Thiamine deficiency. A simple supplement gave me back my ability to break down alcohol without intense facial flushing and feeling like I have the flu. It's phenomenal.

My question is, since high-carb dies increase the need for Thiamine, would drinking orange juice cause a thiamine deficiency? Or would it exacerbate an existing thiamine deficiency? I know there is a decent amount of B1 in Orange Juice, but I'm terrible with numbers. I have no idea how much B1 we need per how much sugar we consume.

Can anyone help with this? Thiamine deficiency is no joke, and I think it affects WAY more people than we are lead to believe.

schultz

I'd be curious to know this as well. My guess is the answer is somewhere along the lines of "it depends".

Can anyone help with this? Thiamine deficiency is no joke, and I think it affects WAY more people than we are lead to believe.

I could see that being the case

raypeatclips

I have been thinking about thiamine a lot recently too. How much did you take to notice improvements?

With supplementation in the future, I'd imagine the healthier someone is, the less thiamine they need, or they absorb more from food. I have seen Peat mention 300mg a day in divided doses, haidut has posted studies that go much higher than that.

Amazoniac

This part too: Thiamine: One Of The Main Limiting Factors For Proper Carbohydrate Metabolism

The main reason why I started reviewing the magnesium threads is because I started noticing an anxious state every time I increased the b-vits that are directly related to cell respiration. For me it's related to magnesium deficiency, because a long time ago magnesium took care of it.
I used to supplement magnesium malate every now and then, it was fine and enough. But after increasing b-vits intake it stopped being enough and I had to verify how available that form of magnesium tends to be, and I had to resort to something more effective.

Last edited:

Nighteyes

This part too: Thiamine: One Of The Main Limiting Factors For Proper Carbohydrate Metabolism

The main reason why I started reviewing the magnesium threads is because I started noticing an anxious state every time I increased the b-vits that are directly related to cell respiration. For me it's related to magnesium deficiency, because a long time ago magnesium took care of it.
I used to supplement magnesium malate every now and then, it was fine and enough. But after increasing b-vits intake it stopped being enough and I had to verify how available that form of magnesium tends to be, and I had to resort to something more effective.

So do you take magnesium chloride orally now? Seems like the most effective type for me. Maybe due to increase in stomach acid.