Organic Cocoa Powder - Dutched - Fair Trade Certified

Discussion in 'Life Giving Store' started by LifeGivingStore, Dec 10, 2017.

1. OP
    LifeGivingStore

LifeGivingStore Member

Thank you so much for your order! :)

2. danishispsychic

danishispsychic Member

Psychic and life guide for the best of the best .
    seriously i LOVE it. i am making smoothies with it and it make me happy- really lifts my mood. great added to my coffee too. LOVELOVELOVE

3. OP
    LifeGivingStore

LifeGivingStore Member

That's awesome about the mood improvement!!

Sincerely appreciate the feedback. We feel the same way about it and think it's the most delicious cocoa powder ever! :)

4. kaybb

kaybb Member

I love the organic cocoa powder. I have been making the flourless brownies. I have a question about lead. I am reading how cocoa can be higher in lead if sourced outside of USA. One reason was the equipment being used in USA had to adhere to lead free standards. Do you have info on this?

5. OP
    LifeGivingStore

LifeGivingStore Member

Hi kaybb, thank you for your inquiry. We tested the cocoa powder via a third party laboratory for lead and it was measured at .02 ppm.

If you have any other questions please do ask. :)

6. kaybb

kaybb Member

Thank you so much. I’m assuming that is super low? I’m ready to order more but wanted to check. It’s thee best cocoa.

7. Mito

Mito Member

For what it’s worth the FDA says this:

The chocolate industry data indicate that the mean lead level in 226 dark chocolate samples (consisting of 9 products) was 0.048 ppm, the standard deviation was 0.029 ppm, and the maximum lead level found was 0.275 ppm. Several dark chocolate samples had lead levels exceeding 0.1 ppm, and more dark chocolate than milk chocolate samples had lead levels approaching 0.1 ppm. Dark chocolate samples tended to have higher lead levels than milk chocolate samples because chocolate liquor is the principal source of lead in chocolate products, and dark chocolate products contain higher amounts of chocolate liquor than milk chocolate products.”

https://www.fda.gov/Food/FoodborneIllnessContaminants/Metals/ucm172050.htm

8. OP
    LifeGivingStore

LifeGivingStore Member

Yes it is low and very acceptable levels.

9. Tarmander

Tarmander Member

10. OP
    LifeGivingStore

LifeGivingStore Member

Hi Tarmander, it is ppm.

11. Blossom

Blossom Moderator

This makes a great "dry shampoo" if you're between washes. It works best for dark blond to medium brown or reddish hair. I use a make up brush to apply it to my roots and it absorbs the oils nicely.

12. lollipop

lollipop Guest

WoW! Great idea @Blossom :):

13. Blossom

Blossom Moderator

I learned about it from someone else years ago.:p:
    I've read somewhere that light to medium blondes or gray/white haired folks can use corn starch or rice powder as dry shampoo.

14. Blossom

Blossom Moderator

I just wanted to let you know that today I used the cocoa powder as a bronzer on my face and it not only looks nice but I feel good about putting it on my skin- more so than even the cleanest commercial make up.

15. lollipop

lollipop Guest

How awesome; what a great idea!

Urrgh...:-/ as I sit here with my makeup (rarely wear, had to today) wishing I could take it off and put on cocoa powder - lol.

16. charlie

charlie The Law & Order Admin

1001 uses for cocoa powder. :D

17. lollipop

lollipop Guest

Hi @Blossom! I did it today as well!! It feels great on your skin and my husband even agreed it was slightly better than no makeup for giving slight color. I also used a coconut oil mascara and a coconut oil and beet lip color. Feels so light and natural on my face but with a bit more umph...

18. Luk3

Luk3 Member

Can someone please tell me the health differences between non-alkalised cocoa and dutch processed? Is the dutch version better because it contains more fat?

19. denise

denise Member

Dutching has nothing to do with fat. You can find high-fat and low-fat versions of both dutched and natural cocoa. I'm not sure about health differences.

20. OP
    LifeGivingStore

LifeGivingStore Member

Hi Luk3, the dutch process make it less acidic along with making it easier to mix with milk and other liquids. We find it tastes better too. The fat content has nothing to do with the dutch processing. The higher fat content found in our cocoa powder will have more of the good nutrients and protective properties along with tasting much better then the lower fat versions.

Hope that helps! If you have any more questions please let us know.