Cyproheptadine - Liquid Serotonin Antagonist For Lab/R&D

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I can report that 2 drops per day (1 morning, 1 evening) does seem to calm my stress hormones. I sleep a bit better, but still wake up 2 times at night. Does cyproheptadine help the liver or aggravate it ? I hear different stories on this forum. In this topic a study is linked where cyproheptadine should help with regenerating a damaged liver. I do seem to have weight gain and bloating. But I don't know if this was already caused by high cortisol.

In lower doses (<2mg daily) it seems to protect from endotoxin and histamine damage to the liver but in higher doses it has been shown to raise liver enzymes in some people.

Bart1

Can Cypro increase water retention ? I seem to be getting more and more water retention... Also I'm beginning to notice more estrogenic symptoms. I have more difficulty swallowing (enlarged thyroid gland) this is also something I had in the beginning of starting peat. Also, starting cypro libido increased a bit, but now it's much lower again. Trying to use Cypro to introduce thyroid. Could it be that the body is switching from stress hormones to thyroid that one would feel more hypo in the beginning ?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
what is the camphor for, in the latest batch?

There is no camphor any more. We had it there 2 months ago for just 1 batch as it seems to potentiate cellular uptake similar to adamantanes.

mercutio

There is no camphor any more. We had it there 2 months ago for just 1 batch as it seems to potentiate cellular uptake similar to adamantanes.

Ah why was it dropped then? My order was a week and a half ago and has it.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Ah why was it dropped then? My order was a week and a half ago and has it.

Many people complained about the smell. We also had it in other products like Progestene and while some people love it, the majority complained quite a bit.

CLASH

@haidut
I’d like to give you an update on my experience and ask a few questions.

I Bought your cypro and I have used it 3 times in dosages of .5-1mg to help me get to sleep as I work nights and sometimes have trouble falling asleep @9AM. The drug does help me get to sleep, but it is very mild. It increases my appetite pretty strongly when I wake up. It helps to ease my gut (I have a left lower quadrant heaviness sometimes, particularly after a full day of eating and cypro gets rid of this nicely). Surprisingly it also eliminated my stress responses at work one of the days (I get flashes of heat up and down my spine and tend to hold my breath via contracting my inner core muscles and abs, cypro allowed me to stay loose for longer).

As for the questions, I plan on using cypro and OTC benadryl (12.5mg) to help with the sleep for the next 6 months. I plan on using the cypro specifically in doses of .5-1mg three days a week max, on non-consecutive days. Do you think this dosage scheme would be relatively safe longer term? Do you think there is a possible increased risk for elevated liver enzymes in your experience? Would perhaps alternating benedryl and cypro be a possible better overall option to decrease tolerance to a singular drug?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut
I’d like to give you an update on my experience and ask a few questions.

I Bought your cypro and I have used it 3 times in dosages of .5-1mg to help me get to sleep as I work nights and sometimes have trouble falling asleep @9AM. The drug does help me get to sleep, but it is very mild. It increases my appetite pretty strongly when I wake up. It helps to ease my gut (I have a left lower quadrant heaviness sometimes, particularly after a full day of eating and cypro gets rid of this nicely). Surprisingly it also eliminated my stress responses at work one of the days (I get flashes of heat up and down my spine and tend to hold my breath via contracting my inner core muscles and abs, cypro allowed me to stay loose for longer).

As for the questions, I plan on using cypro and OTC benadryl (12.5mg) to help with the sleep for the next 6 months. I plan on using the cypro specifically in doses of .5-1mg three days a week max, on non-consecutive days. Do you think this dosage scheme would be relatively safe longer term? Do you think there is a possible increased risk for elevated liver enzymes in your experience? Would perhaps alternating benedryl and cypro be a possible better overall option to decrease tolerance to a singular drug?

Both drugs are strong anticholinergics, so not sure how safe would be to use both at the same time. Maybe you can ask a pharmacist? I don't think tolerance develops to cypro except its sedation effects. For sleeping better you may want to try some progesterone, lower dose pregnenolone (5mg-10mg) or some methylene blue, all before bed.

CLASH

Thanks @haidut
I wouldnt use both at the same time, I’d alternate usage, perhaps I’ll ask the pharmacist. Interestingly progesterone actually gives me some insomnia when i have used it to sleep. I have used preg and methylene blue’s MAOI effects make me feel terrible...

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Have the ingredients of cyproheptadine changed or it still contains dmso?

It has never contained DMSO. Where did you see discussions about cypro and DMSO?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
How much would be a good dose for IBS?

I think Peat recommends no more than 2mg daily due to potential liver issues but studies with children for functional GI issues used 4mg+ daily.

EricE

Thank you @haidut, I just ordered cypro! I am hoping it will help with my autoimmunities, hashimotos and psoriasis. Does anyone have thoughts or studies that confirm this?
Also taking t4/t3 combo (2/1 ratio), MB, pansterone, kuinone, aspirin (1200 mg daily), and energin.

Lilly

It has never contained DMSO. Where did you see discussions about cypro and DMSO?

cyproheptadine_small.jpg
Ideallabs webshop photo of the bottle and ingredients written on it is where I saw cyproheptadine contains dmso.

IdeaLabs Online Store - Lab / R&D Chemicals

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

TeaRex14

This is a little overdue, but I'd just like to state I think your cypro product is second to none. I've tried a few different products, and this one is definitely superior. The dosage per drop is perfect, considering most pills I've seen are 4mgs and dividing the dosage is a huge pain. Also the adsorption rate and the onset of action times is exceedingly fast compare to oral pill versions. Cypro, and your TocoVit, are the biggest difference makers for me. Even more so then many thyroid products I've tried in the past.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
This is a little overdue, but I'd just like to state I think your cypro product is second to none. I've tried a few different products, and this one is definitely superior. The dosage per drop is perfect, considering most pills I've seen are 4mgs and dividing the dosage is a huge pain. Also the adsorption rate and the onset of action times is exceedingly fast compare to oral pill versions. Cypro, and your TocoVit, are the biggest difference makers for me. Even more so then many thyroid products I've tried in the past.

Thanks so much for the feedback!

CaliforniaKat

I'm sorry in advance to tag you. @haidut

I'm wondering about the differences between cypro and Mirtazapine. Can my rat safely transition from one to the other? High adrenaline seems to be a problem that continues to get worse, even on 7.5 mg Mirt.

Poor metabolic nd poor thyroid function, taking NDT but little else besides Estroban at 1/2 dose. Peat style diet since August. How the rat started Mirt is a long story but has been on it since June.

I have purchased Cypro for my rat and it should arrive today or tomorrow. Would love your thoughts about dosing, transitioning, etc.

Again, sorry to to tag without permission. Thanks so much.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals