Cyproheptadine Lowers Cortisol, Endorphins, HGH, Aldosterone

Peata

I've taken it for a couple months stretch, then go off for a while. I'm currently back on it since Christmas and have slowly worked up to 12 mg. day. I may stay on it longer than two months this time, will wait and see.

natedawggh

Peata said:
post 119328 I've taken it for a couple months stretch, then go off for a while. I'm currently back on it since Christmas and have slowly worked up to 12 mg. day. I may stay on it longer than two months this time, will wait and see.

Where do you get it? I've never been able to find a source.

Last edited by a moderator:

DaveFoster

Haidut, do you think that a dose of 24 mg/day or even 32 mg/day is sustainable indefinitely? I'm noticing more positives with cypro than any other medication.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Haidut, do you think that a dose of 24 mg/day or even 32 mg/day is sustainable indefinitely? I'm noticing more positives with cypro than any other medication.

In those doses it has been reported to cause elevated liver enzymes. However, it is only isolated cases and the doses used for long term treatment of Cushing synndrome are in that range. Long term Tylenol, even at the recommended "safe" dose of 500mg daily is much more damaging to the liver. If I had to take it in such doses long term I would definitely up my glycine/taurine intake and maybe add some vitamin K as well. Pregnenolone helps the detox pathways of the liver so it can protect from the liver toxicity of quite a few drugs including acetaminophen. Google "pregnane X receptor".

DaveFoster

In those doses it has been reported to cause elevated liver enzymes. However, it is only isolated cases and the doses used for long term treatment of Cushing synndrome are in that range. Long term Tylenol, even at the recommended "safe" dose of 500mg daily is much more damaging to the liver. If I had to take it in such doses long term I would definitely up my glycine/taurine intake and maybe add some vitamin K as well. Pregnenolone helps the detox pathways of the liver so it can protect from the liver toxicity of quite a few drugs including acetaminophen. Google "pregnane X receptor".
It says that antibiotics also stimulate the receptor, not to mention all the Peat substances you mentioned.

I take daily 100 mg pregnenolone, 16 g glycine, 5 g taurine, and 8 mg vitamin K daily, so I should be covered.

As far as antibiotics go, do you know anything wrong with doxycycline long-term? I'll search the forum. Minocycline is ridiculously expensive.

Also, with your new supplement Lapodin, is there anything that cyproheptadine does not do that the former accomplishes? It seems that cypro + Lapodin would lower virtually every sympathetic hormone in the body, and they're probably additive on their effects of many.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
It says that antibiotics also stimulate the receptor, not to mention all the Peat substances you mentioned.

I take daily 100 mg pregnenolone, 16 g glycine, 5 g taurine, and 8 mg vitamin K daily, so I should be covered.

As far as antibiotics go, do you know anything wrong with doxycycline long-term? I'll search the forum. Minocycline is ridiculously expensive.

Also, with your new supplement Lapodin, is there anything that cyproheptadine does not do that the former accomplishes? It seems that cypro + Lapodin would lower virtually every sympathetic hormone in the body, and they're probably additive on their effects of many.

Long term doxycycline has been used for things like Lyme and as far as I know nobody got any damage/issues from it. Even longer term treatment has been tried with low dose doxycycline (40mg daily) for preventing/treating osteoporosis and that dose is probably even less likely to cause damage. I think the only real issue that has come up is that in come people the tetracyclines can lower iron too much and actually cause iron deficiency anemia. But considering how overloaded with iron we all are I suppose that is a low risk issue.
Lapodin has some effects on hypoxia biomarkers, fibrosis, and kidneys that cyproheptadine does not seem to have. I agree that combined they would be synergistic but they have not really been studies for safety when taken together. So, ask a doctor first but it does sound like a good approach in theory.

DaveFoster

I've been taking raloxifene and have experienced symptoms of elevated beta-endorphins, which it does elevate.

My appetite is absolutely insane. I've been eating about 8000 calories and I'm still starving.

BobbyDukes

I've been taking raloxifene and have experienced symptoms of elevated beta-endorphins, which it does elevate.

My appetite is absolutely insane. I've been eating about 8000 calories and I'm still starving.

What does 8000 calories look like? How much fat are you eating?

DaveFoster

What does 8000 calories look like? How much fat are you eating?
4000 calories of milk, OJ, and coconut oil.
Around another 4000 of chocolate.

300 grams of fat or so.

superhuman

4000 calories of milk, OJ, and coconut oil.
Around another 4000 of chocolate.

300 grams of fat or so.

Holy mother of god. What is your stats in terms of height, weight etc ?
How long have you been eating 8k kcal? you must be gaining fat really quick ?

DaveFoster

Holy mother of god. What is your stats in terms of height, weight etc ?
How long have you been eating 8k kcal? you must be gaining fat really quick ?
Few days. I got a concussion, so I stopped lifting and eat around 4k calories/day. I'm a young guy, around 5'10" and 190 lbs. About 15 % body fat.

Another interesting thing; my music tastes have changed. I just went from listening to bluegrass and country to being drawn to punk rock from Green Day. I seem to have more energy, but I'm on edge and stimulated.

There's some connection between anti-authoritarianism and endorphins; some kind of fight-or-flight mood mechanism.

Last edited:

Steveig84

I've been experimenting with 2mg cypro at night manly for sleep and serotonin reduction, First impression is that i does aid sleep, also notice im not overthink thinks and even negative events don't cause there usual overthinking, as someone already mentioned the sight seems clearer and brighter.
I've also noticed the my throat, nose are very dry though, have to drink way more, and it hard to get up and get going in the morning.

Will keep going and see what else i notice.

superhuman

Few days. I got a concussion, so I stopped lifting and eat around 4k calories/day. I'm a young guy, around 5'10" and 190 lbs. About 15 % body fat.

Another interesting thing; my music tastes have changed. I just went from listening to bluegrass and country to being drawn to punk rock from Green Day. I seem to have more energy, but I'm on edge and stimulated.

There's some connection between anti-authoritarianism and endorphins; some kind of fight-or-flight mood mechanism.

Ok so what do you think your maintnance calories are then? are you trying to gain or loose fat?

DaveFoster

Ok so what do you think your maintnance calories are then? are you trying to gain or loose fat?
3000 calories or so. Not interested in weight; I'm trying to get PUFA under 1 g daily.

Brian

3000 calories or so. Not interested in weight; I'm trying to get PUFA under 1 g daily.

Why? You don't think your liver can detox more than that? I though it was pretty well established that a healthy liver can. Or are you trying to deplete PUFA?

DaveFoster

Why? You don't think your liver can detox more than that? I though it was pretty well established that a healthy liver can. Or are you trying to deplete PUFA?
I've got higher goals than subsistence.

superhuman

Ok why do you eat so much more then 3k kcalories then? i will lead to fat gain, it will increase the likelyhood of you consuming more PUFA and also storing the PUFA since its the first that gets store when excess fat gets stored.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals