Cyproheptadine - Liquid Serotonin Antagonist For Lab/R&D

GorillaHead

Yes, if you want you can increase it gradually b .5 or 1mg per day. Do you have a reference for the magnesium effect? Never heard that before

Here you haidut says it lowers aldosterone so I guess that has a magnesium affect.

Awful Response To Cyproheptadine

So far feeling depressed at the moment. Cold sweaty feet too. I sometimes got that before cypro though but I feel like it’s inducing it right now could be cause last I dose was 8 hours ago. Not sure

I will say the only realized benefit so far is amazing sleep.

I might take this for a few more days maybe I’ll get some lasting benefits. I was always curious if it reset dopamine activity in the brain

Attachments

• 7EA6D5AE-1DCE-4DF0-9AF6-AE5A354E6296.png
    7EA6D5AE-1DCE-4DF0-9AF6-AE5A354E6296.png
    225.1 KB · Views: 71
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Makes me think it has similar affect to spiralactone

It does, both spironolactone and cyproheptadine antagonize aldosterone. Search the forum for "cyproheptadine aldosterone" (no quotes).

LUH 3417

It does, both spironolactone and cyproheptadine antagonize aldosterone. Search the forum for "cyproheptadine aldosterone" (no quotes).
They use spironolactone for pcos

[Effect of the antiserotoninergic preparation cyproheptadine on the levels of luteinizing and follicle-stimulating hormones and testosterone in patie... - PubMed - NCBI

Looks like cypro would work if someone didn’t want to take Spiro

A significant decrease in the level of testosterone (p less than 0.0001) in 1 and 2 h and a tendency to a decrease in the LH level and a LH/FSH ratio in 2 h after cyproheptadine administration were revealed. The effect of the drug on the FSH level was insignificant. A conclusion was made of the involvement of the serotoninergic mechanisms in the regulation of androgenic secretion in patients with polycystic ovaries.

MatheusPN

So cyproheptadine, affect someone with PCOS positively, lowering testo and estrogen
What about a health male, is androgens affected positively, increased?

Last edited:
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
They use spironolactone for pcos

[Effect of the antiserotoninergic preparation cyproheptadine on the levels of luteinizing and follicle-stimulating hormones and testosterone in patie... - PubMed - NCBI

Looks like cypro would work if someone didn’t want to take Spiro

A significant decrease in the level of testosterone (p less than 0.0001) in 1 and 2 h and a tendency to a decrease in the LH level and a LH/FSH ratio in 2 h after cyproheptadine administration were revealed. The effect of the drug on the FSH level was insignificant. A conclusion was made of the involvement of the serotoninergic mechanisms in the regulation of androgenic secretion in patients with polycystic ovaries.

Cypro is also estrogen receptor alpha blockers, which may be the main mechanism of action of both cypro and spironolactone for PCOS and not so much aldosterone blockade.

aquaman

Been testing out some serotonin/prolactin depletion recently - had used very small doses of old bromocriptine, which seemed to work quite well for mood (took maybe 5 times over the course of 2-3 weeks last month).

Thought I'd test out some of this cypro. So far had a few doses, of 2mg and 1mg. The 1mg seems to have a much better response the next day, 2mg is possibly too much - was very sluggish the day after 2mg. 1mg more energetic and happy, but may also be related to having done a few days of 2mg and then a few days of 1mg, ie may not be the dose as such, but could be that after 4 days the serotonin was more depleted?

Note: I'd also stopped taking thyroid for months, and re-started small doses at the same time, and also took 5a-DHP - so breaking my own rules against combining new substances :)

It may be the combo, and particularly for me, but whatever it is, has had a noticeable effect on mood and energy after 3-4 days.

One thing, both Bromo and Cypro give me a strange feeling in the tongue the day after taking. Like metallic tongue, but also a tingling, almost as if the tissue is fatigued or stressed in some way. 1mg had a smaller effect than 2mg.

Took some pau darco tincture yesterday and combined effect on bowel is very positive today also.

Will try to separate out the products and feedback further. Will not continue Cypro for more than a week without a break.

Jsaute21

My only reason is that there are quite a few vendors for cyproheptadine while we are probably the only retail one for metergoline as a liquid. So, if I had mentioned metergoline it would be advertising our company essentially and I try to stay away from that. Especially since metergoline is more expensive and some people will say "aha, he says metergoline to coax people into buying it and getting more profit". I do prefer metergoline myself since it lacks the antihistamine and anticholinergic properties of cypro, and I think metergoline is better at antagonizing 5-HT3 than cypro. But in theory both should work, even though cypro will come with a lot of other effects some people may not want.
Thanks for bringing it up.
Does Metergoline have the same weight gain symptom as Cypro?

Kartoffel

One thing, both Bromo and Cypro give me a strange feeling in the tongue the day after taking. Like metallic tongue, but also a tingling, almost as if the tissue is fatigued or stressed in some way. 1mg had a smaller effect than 2mg.

I think that's just from the ethanol.

Kartoffel

Nah, the bromocriptine was in pill form, branded pharma stuff. It’s definitely the substance

Ahh ok, can't say I ever experienced anything like you with cyrpro.

aquaman

Had 1.5mg last night. Felt sluggish and depressed during morning and up to about 1pm, but also had insufficient food in the morning. Even 1.5mg I think is too much for me.

After a good meal, mood elevated. And felt very strong in the gym and in an elevated mood in afternoon/evening.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Does Metergoline have the same weight gain symptom as Cypro?

Not that I know of. I think those are unique to cypro and other histamine antagonists.

brix

Not that I know of. I think those are unique to cypro and other histamine antagonists.

I’ve seen that cypro causes weight gain but I can’t seem to find what type of weight. Does it depend on the person’s diet and lifestyle or does it usually cause one to gain mostly muscle, water, or fat?

golder

Haidut, when experimenting with my rat, I assume that he will benefit best from oral administration of cypro, but will topical work at all? Can anyone else chime in as well who have tried topical with their rats. Thanks!

johnsmith

So I'm guessing it might be a good idea to try taking a drop of cyproheptadine on the rare occasion I have problems breathing through my nose?

For example, on the rare occasions when the buteyko breathing technique and chinstraps just don't work?

Thanks.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals