Blacking out

OP
I

iLoveSugar

According to RP, sinus infection are from gut issues. I can't fix my gut for ANYTHING.

Blood sugar is something I can't figure out either. Then thyroid is usually the culprit. But hey, that doesn't work either.

So confused and nothing works. Where's the Ray Peat clinic I can go to for a week? Wishful thinking.
johns74 said:
post 101950
messtafarian said:
Johns74, my ferritin is 5.

I just looked at your posts, your aspirin intake might have partly caused it, depending on how look you took it (just in case you didn't come across that part in your iron reading).

Last edited by a moderator:

johns74

The only condition I know that mimics hypothyroidism without being hypothyroidism is iron overload. I think you should really get an iron saturation reading to rule it out.

tara

iLoveSugar said:
post 101927 I agree. But I have had like 7 colonoscopies over the years, all with the same GI symptoms, and X-rays, CT scans, etc. Something should have caught that-yeah?
They have given you lots o diagnoses, right? Hiatial hernia and various kinds of malfunction at various areas further down the gut? Aren't they all enough to explain the difficulty with digestion?

It seems possible that the key problem is that you are not getting adequate nutrition from the food you are eating because your gut is so dysfunctional at the moment, along with the direct distress caused by the struggling gut. (I don't usually have have a lot of noticable gut trouble, but on teh occasions when I do, I can get quite faint too.)
And your gut probably can't heal until you can absorb some nutrition. I don't know what that will take. How bad does it have to get before parenteral nutrition is considered?

Did you have a look at information on manipulating a hiatus hernia? Consider trying to find an expert and/or attempt the self-treatment exercises?

messtafarian

Ray Peat is a brilliant, kind , and amazing guy who is ahead of his time. Everything he has ever written can help you in adjunct, but ILS you are obviously very sick.You need data and you need care. I believe you can get better but you have to dip way deep down into all the data you have or that you can get. Listening to you this is what I think:

I think you have chronic Lyme. RP doesn't believe in this per se but there is such a thing as a persistent infection that is not eradicated by the first try.

I think your nervous system - autonomic, sympathetic and parasympathetic have been affected. Anything you can do to mediate NO is a good strategy when you are on your own but in my opinion you need to get to a hospital and *make them* jump some nutrition into your blood. Your stomach is not working and you need vitamins. All of them, now.

The suffering you are enduring is not normal, or acceptable, or in any any universe of OK. If you have any opportunity to get admitted to the hospital where you can get lots of data -- do that. Get everything. Use everything. RP-type thinking can heal chronic health issues over time but modern medicine can save your life. That's what I think.

mujuro

Forum Supporter
iLoveSugar said:
Maybe my chronic sinusitis is causing these dizziness issues? I do have chronic sinusitis confirmed from the brain MRI. Sudafed possibly?

I know someone who cured his lifelong recurring sinusitis with colloidal silver and a neti pot. Burnt like all hell, he said.

You've been trying for years to fix your gut. Whatever we say, you've already done. Maybe we need to look at dysautonomia?

haidut

Forum Supporter
iLoveSugar said:
According to RP, sinus infection are from gut issues. I can't fix my gut for ANYTHING.

Blood sugar is something I can't figure out either. Then thyroid is usually the culprit. But hey, that doesn't work either.

So confused and nothing works. Where's the Ray Peat clinic I can go to for a week? Wishful thinking.
johns74 said:
post 101950
messtafarian said:

I just looked at your posts, your aspirin intake might have partly caused it, depending on how look you took it (just in case you didn't come across that part in your iron reading).

As mentioned in another post - you are probably not absorbing much from the food you are eating and the undigested food is causing more problems in your gut. You can try direct amino acid supplementation for protein and sugar for most of your calories. The amino acids get absorbed very quickly while still in the stomach. Sugar is the same. So, there would be almost nothing making it to your colon or even small intestines. This nutrition is used in people who cannot digest any food or have a condition that makes it undesirable to load up on protein and fat. Take a look at this thread, you can get these aminos very cheaply from Amazon.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7269

OP
I

iLoveSugar

haidut said:
As mentioned in another post - you are probably not absorbing much from the food you are eating and the undigested food is causing more problems in your gut. You can try direct amino acid supplementation for protein and sugar for most of your calories. The amino acids get absorbed very quickly while still in the stomach. Sugar is the same. So, there would be almost nothing making it to your colon or even small intestines. This nutrition is used in people who cannot digest any food or have a condition that makes it undesirable to load up on protein and fat. Take a look at this thread, you can get these aminos very cheaply from Amazon.

Haidut, would this work? http://www.amazon.com/NAKED-CASEIN-Mice ... ked+casein

OP
I

iLoveSugar

messtafarian said:
post 101965 Ray Peat is a brilliant, kind , and amazing guy who is ahead of his time. Everything he has ever written can help you in adjunct, but ILS you are obviously very sick.You need data and you need care. I believe you can get better but you have to dip way deep down into all the data you have or that you can get. Listening to you this is what I think:

I think you have chronic Lyme. RP doesn't believe in this per se but there is such a thing as a persistent infection that is not eradicated by the first try.

I think your nervous system - autonomic, sympathetic and parasympathetic have been affected. Anything you can do to mediate NO is a good strategy when you are on your own but in my opinion you need to get to a hospital and *make them* jump some nutrition into your blood. Your stomach is not working and you need vitamins. All of them, now.

The suffering you are enduring is not normal, or acceptable, or in any any universe of OK. If you have any opportunity to get admitted to the hospital where you can get lots of data -- do that. Get everything. Use everything. RP-type thinking can heal chronic health issues over time but modern medicine can save your life. That's what I think.

I agree, but have been to the hospital hundreds of times. I always get so easily dismissed no matter how bad I am.

haidut

Forum Supporter
iLoveSugar said:
post 102026
haidut said:

Haidut, would this work? http://www.amazon.com/NAKED-CASEIN-Mice ... ked+casein

It has been shown to work in sick people and the studies references show that you get by on much less protein using the amino acids. In other words, if you typically eat 80g protein daily you can get the equivalent effect from ~30g amino acids. Many people use that method to recover from exercise or surgery when the body is not very good at digesting food. Forum member gbolduev said he recommends this to all the patients he sees, so you can ask him too. He also said eating egg whites has the same effect as the amino acids. So, if you don't feel like taking capsules you can buy liquid egg whites and try it out.

messtafarian

haidut said:
post 101976
iLoveSugar said:

johns74 said:
post 101950
messtafarian said:

Thans Haidut. I actually bought the MAP aminos but I wasn't sure how to use them. I can get started taking them today.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

Would the stuff I shown above be equivalent? Looks better with no fillers.

messtafarian

Whoa, take those with some kind of carb. I forgot ray's admonition about protein and went HG within a half hour.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

Why does everyone think I am not digesting good? I only have diahrrea if heavy laxative use hits me hard.

J

jb116

Because you mention pain and feeling lousy when eating and constipation.
Diarrhea and constipation can be indicative of mal-absorption.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

Ok.

I'm still looking to find out if that Makes Casein would be optimal?

What should I consume each day to assure nutrient assimilation and get enough calories. I also do not want to lose anymore weight.

mujuro

Forum Supporter
Does no one else think this might be an autonomic disorder? The fatigue, dizziness, blacking out, reflux, asthenia, stomach issues and chronic GI disturbances.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals