Blacking out

messtafarian

I don't know. I think neurology is where the answer is for you right now. I really hope so ILS.

tara

I don't know either. I hope it's solvable.
If neurology is key, what would you do about that?

Giraffe

It happens that the fascia is pressing a nerve causing pain and dysfunctions. This is easier to treat than to diagnose. Conventional medicine does not have this on the radar because blood tests and the usual medical imaging do not detect it. So in the realm of conventional medicine ailments resulting from fascia issues often remain idiopathic. Research on fascia has just started a couple of years ago, effective treatment is around for a very, very long time.

iLoveSugar said:
post 102492 So you think this chiro neurologist could really help?
Chiropractors as I understand it focus on adjusting joints, but there are huge differences in the way the individual chiropractors work.

All people I know who have seen a chiropractor say it helped them, but many (not all) add that the achievement was not long-lived. I think you need someone who practices visceral manipulation. Some (or many?) chiropractors do, other (better?) choices are rolfing or osteopathy.

_____

There is a clear distinction between a chiropractor and an osteopath where I live. I know that this is not so clear in other countries. What I meant above is: The result of "only adjusting joints" may not be long-lived.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
I

iLoveSugar

I have seen a regular Neurologist a handful of time with no answer except Ambien.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

Maybe it's this kale water giving me this crazy runny bowels and not the cascara. My bowel movements have been green (hopefilly not infection), but I have literally only had like 2 cups of this kale water.

messtafarian

iLoveSugar said:
I have seen a regular Neurologist a handful of time with no answer except Ambien.

Neurologists are the hardest doctors to deal with. They won't theorize with you about what "could" be happening. They assume you have no idea what they're doing or thinking. They also only check for evidential nerve transmission problems and if your EMG comes up clean they are very unlikely to look any further. You have to come in there asking them for evidence of your own theory and then talk them into it.

With a neurologist what you're going for is *autonomic* testing, which is probably the hardest thing to talk them into.

messtafarian

iLoveSugar said:
post 102631 Maybe it's this kale water giving me this crazy runny bowels and not the cascara. My bowel movements have been green (hopefilly not infection), but I have literally only had like 2 cups of this kale water.

It could be the kale, or it could be your liver or gallbladder.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
:1

[ref]iLoveSugar[/ref], did you just start taking cascara again?

OP
I

iLoveSugar

Yes, but I didn't work up the dose. I just went full out swinging with like 1/3 tsp in some black tea.

I also suspect my liver is sluggish since I can't seem to metabolize any drugs or supplements without bad side effects.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
iLoveSugar said:
post 102723 Yes, but I didn't work up the dose. I just went full out swinging with like 1/3 tsp in some black tea.
When I first started cascara I probably took too much and got this bright green poo that was quite frightening how toxic green it looked. :lol: It finally went away after a few days. After research I was convinced it was bile.

Looking back, I feel my gallbladder and liver were cleaning out. Before Peating I had gallstones, after Peating and cascara no gallstones.

Last edited:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
iLoveSugar said:
post 102734 Did you continue taking cascara?
IIRC, I stopped at the time. But I resumed it and it wasn't so bad the next time, although I do remember bile again. I still take as needed. Keeping things moving is paramount.

Last edited:
OP
I

iLoveSugar

I agree. I haven't gone today, so I will probably take tonight and see what tomorrow brings.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I have taken it for an extended amount of time(2 years?), focusing on keeping things moving.

Cascara normalizes things. :D

OP
I

iLoveSugar

What do you take it with? I know black tea isn't exactly Peaty, but it seems to be the best combo for me to make it work.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
A little bit of water and chase it with juice and/or some food.

Nicholas

ilovesugar - have you ever done food journaling....as in full consecutive days? noting how you feel, temp, pulse, etc? my observations are that you are too focused on Peat doctrine and about what others think is wrong with you.

i have lots to share, but for now i will just comment on the constipation. I would not give a second thought to those saying you aren't absorbing nutrients. You don't know this. They don't know this. And even if you had it somehow diagnosed, that diagnosis would not help you. Why? Because everything has blood sugar regulation at its foundation. And a doctor giving you a diagnosis of nutrient malabsorption is not going to tell you the way to fix that is by regulating blood sugar. How foolish and unscientific for people here to recommend you take supplements because of a theorized nutrient absorption problem. The way you start absorbing nutrients (if you aren't) is by regulating blood sugar. Will the 100 and 3rd doctor be able to help you? Probably not. All they will do is likely send you down another rabbit hole. You should obviously follow your informed instinct, but ALL you literally have to do at this point is regulate your blood sugar. Constipation is usually from not eating enough and not frequently/consistently enough (i.e. not regulating your blood sugar). Not eating enough and not frequently/consistently enough creates a chaotic bacterial environment in your colon. You have to put food in your body like you're hand cranking a machine that creates electricity. even further, this "hand cranking" has to be balanced and artful cranks where what you're putting in is neither deficient or in excess. if you've never done food journaling on paper (not cronometer) for extended periods of time, it will help to settle a lot of confusion and you will feel good about the efforts at improving health that you put your energy into.

tara

@ Nicholas
I agree with you that balancing blood sugar is important and maybe necessary. I disagree that this is always the only key factor that needs attention.
Insufficient food can, as you say, cause constipation via reduced peristalsis, etc. But so can other things, such as inflammatory reactions to particular foods causing reduced lumen.
Mineral balance is also important. And protein balance. And they don't call vital amines vitamins cause you can do fine without them.
When there is known damage to the digestive system, this is known to affect absorption. You are right that none of us here know exactly what is or is not being absorbed in OP's gut.
But I would not guarantee that just regulating blood sugar will fix it.

I agree with you that OP's own observed responses to foods are important, and take precedence over any particular theory Peat has proposed about particular foods.

Nicholas

tara said:
post 102773 Insufficient food can, as you say, cause constipation via reduced peristalsis, etc. But so can other things, such as inflammatory reactions to particular foods causing reduced lumen.
Mineral balance is also important. And protein balance. And they don't call vital amines vitamins cause you can do fine without them.

right, all of these things you bring up is part OF regulating blood sugar. Regulating blood sugar involves protein, fat, and carbs. You can't regulate blood sugar without addressing all three. Regulating blood sugar involves eliminating inflammatory substances, too, as you say. Dysregulated blood sugar actually IS inflammation. There are even more variables you could tack on, but if i had to sum up what blood sugar regulation is i would say that it's walking the narrow way between deficiency and excess. I don't usually go in-depth but try to speak in broad terms first until there is interest to go deeper. I am only bold about blood sugar regulation being the key (not the fix-all) because it covers so many variables and because it is the FOUNDATION of health. You can't build anything until you've mastered the variables involved in blood sugar regulation. I didn't mean to the OP that all they have to do is regulate blood sugar and everything will be resolved (though it certainly could)...i meant that that's all they really need to focus on first. Once that's established it will be much easier to navigate the waters of health problems. I say all of this having had a very similar experience in 2009 where i started having strange neurological problems like blacking out, tingling in entire body for days at a time, sharp stinging pains on my nose, getting shocked all the time, and one of my toes getting temporarily paralyzed. I went to so many doctors and understand that place of not having any answers. I think that when you understand your body better via the ins and outs of blood sugar regulation it's such a powerful accomplishment in your belt that gives you more stability and discretion when it comes to finding answers.

messtafarian

I'm not sure where anyone told ILS to take vitamins. When I am talking about nutrients, I am talking about the macronutrients -- sugar, fat and protein -- in order for them to be assimilated so the rest of the metabolism will work. I'm much less concerned about being right about that than solving the fact that this person is barely functional. Whatever turns the trick will be the right answer.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals