YOHIMBINE and NICOTINIC ACID

mostlylurking

The potential antidiabetic activity of some alpha-2 adrenoceptor antagonists - PubMed this shows it can reverse hyperglycemia and hypo insulinism. Yohimbine increases glucose metabolism
"Pretreatment with either yohimbine or efaroxan potentiated glucose-induced insulin release...." In other words, these things increase insulin, not necessarily a good thing at all.

There are several ways to improve hyperglycemia. One is to increase insulin, which, if your oxidative metabolism is in the ditch, would pack the sugar on as fat. Another way is to lower free fatty acids; niacinamide can be very helpful here. This would encourage the burning of sugar instead of fat (see Randle Cycle). Another way to improve hyperglycemia is to focus on improving oxidative metabolism which would lower blood sugar by burning it as fuel.

OP
N

Nik665

"Pretreatment with either yohimbine or efaroxan potentiated glucose-induced insulin release...." In other words, these things increase insulin, not necessarily a good thing at all.

There are several ways to improve hyperglycemia. One is to increase insulin, which, if your oxidative metabolism is in the ditch, would pack the sugar on as fat. Another way is to lower free fatty acids; niacinamide can be very helpful here. This would encourage the burning of sugar instead of fat (see Randle Cycle). Another way to improve hyperglycemia is to focus on improving oxidative metabolism which would lower blood sugar by burning it as fuel.
You want insulin to be increased when you’re hypo insulinemic which this study shows. Not producing enough insulin means more sugar hanging around the bloodstream. Which is why it’s now being looked at for type 2 diabetes. As type 2 means ther sugar remains far too long on the bloodstream as the cells have a difficult time taking in glucose. Yohimbine also seems to make cells less resistant to taking up glucose (fuel) which explains why it suppresses appetite as the body and cells is actually able to utilize the fuel. Not only is this very Interesting but studies also shows that it does not increase cortisol in its own only when combined with caffeine and that is at massive doses. Research Breakdown on Yohimbine - Examine not only that but it seems to target fat loss by targeting estrogen receptors. Most of us in the Peaty world understand that high estrogen is very often correlated with high body fat levels. In the peaty world most of us that an organism which cannot utilize fuel properly is a recipe for disaster (weight gain, diabetes, cancer)

mostlylurking

You want insulin to be increased when you’re hypo insulinemic which this study shows. Not producing enough insulin means more sugar hanging around the bloodstream. Which is why it’s now being looked at for type 2 diabetes. As type 2 means ther sugar remains far too long on the bloodstream as the cells have a difficult time taking in glucose. Yohimbine also seems to make cells less resistant to taking up glucose (fuel) which explains why it suppresses appetite as the body and cells is actually able to utilize the fuel. Not only is this very Interesting but studies also shows that it does not increase cortisol in its own only when combined with caffeine and that is at massive doses. Research Breakdown on Yohimbine - Examine not only that but it seems to target fat loss by targeting estrogen receptors. Most of us in the Peaty world understand that high estrogen is very often correlated with high body fat levels. In the peaty world most of us that an organism which cannot utilize fuel properly is a recipe for disaster (weight gain, diabetes, cancer)
I've been studying Peat's written work and interviews for over 8 years. You have simplified the process to where it is sorely off the mark. Insulin in and of itself causes multiple problems.

Suggested reading:
-snippet-
  • I have known adults and children who were diagnosed as diabetic, and given insulin (and indoctrinated with the idea that they had a terminal degenerative disease) on the strength of a single test showing excessive glucose. When I taught at the naturopathic medical school in Portland, I tried to make it clear that "diabetes" (a term referring to excessive urination) is a function, and that a high level of glucose in the blood or urine is also a function, and that the use of insulin should require a greater diagnostic justification than the use of aspirin for a headache does, because insulin use itself constitutes a serious health problem. (And we seldom hear the idea that "diabetes" might have a positive side [Robinson and Johnston], for example that it reduces the symptoms of asthma [Vianna and Garcialeme], which get worse when insulin is given. Normal pregnancy can be considered "diabetic" by some definitions based on blood sugar. I got interested in this when I talked to a healthy "diabetic" woman who had a two year old child whose IQ must have been over 200, judging by his spontaneous precocious hobbies. Old gynecologists told me that it was common knowledge that "diabetic" women had intellectually precocious children.)
  • When non-diabetic apes were given insulin treatments, they developed some of the same "complications of diabetes" that are seen in humans, and antibodies to insulin were found in their retinas, suggesting that some "complications of diabetes" were complications of insulin treatment. Patients were seldom well informed of the arguments against the use of insulin, but the justification for the new genetically engineered human insulin is precisely that it avoids immunological damage.

• Insulin was introduced into medicine in the 1920s. According to the Britannica Book of the Year for 1947, page 265, "Mortality from diabetes in 1920 in the United States was 16.0 per 100,000, 14,062 deaths, but in 1944, it was 26.4 per 100,000, 34,948 deaths."
-end paste-

The problem is not with getting the sugar inside the cells. The problem is the inability to burn the sugar for energy via the mitochondria (aka oxidative metabolism).

mostlylurking

Suggested reading:

OP
N

Nik665

I've been studying Peat's written work and interviews for over 8 years. You have simplified the process to where it is sorely off the mark. Insulin in and of itself causes multiple problems.

Suggested reading:
-snippet-
  • I have known adults and children who were diagnosed as diabetic, and given insulin (and indoctrinated with the idea that they had a terminal degenerative disease) on the strength of a single test showing excessive glucose. When I taught at the naturopathic medical school in Portland, I tried to make it clear that "diabetes" (a term referring to excessive urination) is a function, and that a high level of glucose in the blood or urine is also a function, and that the use of insulin should require a greater diagnostic justification than the use of aspirin for a headache does, because insulin use itself constitutes a serious health problem. (And we seldom hear the idea that "diabetes" might have a positive side [Robinson and Johnston], for example that it reduces the symptoms of asthma [Vianna and Garcialeme], which get worse when insulin is given. Normal pregnancy can be considered "diabetic" by some definitions based on blood sugar. I got interested in this when I talked to a healthy "diabetic" woman who had a two year old child whose IQ must have been over 200, judging by his spontaneous precocious hobbies. Old gynecologists told me that it was common knowledge that "diabetic" women had intellectually precocious children.)
  • When non-diabetic apes were given insulin treatments, they developed some of the same "complications of diabetes" that are seen in humans, and antibodies to insulin were found in their retinas, suggesting that some "complications of diabetes" were complications of insulin treatment. Patients were seldom well informed of the arguments against the use of insulin, but the justification for the new genetically engineered human insulin is precisely that it avoids immunological damage.

• Insulin was introduced into medicine in the 1920s. According to the Britannica Book of the Year for 1947, page 265, "Mortality from diabetes in 1920 in the United States was 16.0 per 100,000, 14,062 deaths, but in 1944, it was 26.4 per 100,000, 34,948 deaths."
-end paste-

The problem is not with getting the sugar inside the cells. The problem is the inability to burn the sugar for energy via the mitochondria (aka oxidative metabolism).
Saying insulin is bad is the utter simplification. We need insulin to live

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals