Improvement Of Glucose And Lipid Metabolism In Diabetic Rats Treated With Molybdate

docall18

I have been taking chelated molybdenum on and off with great results. I dont know what Peat's views on it are, but its effects seem very positive on FFA's and insulin resistance according to the study below:

Improvement of glucose and lipid metabolism in diabetic rats treated with molybdate. - PubMed - NCBI

Improvement of glucose and lipid metabolism in diabetic rats treated with molybdate.
Ozcelikay AT1, Becker DJ, Ongemba LN, Pottier AM, Henquin JC, Brichard SM.
Author information

Abstract
Molybdenum mimics certain insulin actions in vitro. We have investigated the effects of oral administration of Na2MoO4 (Mo) for 8 wk on carbohydrate and lipid metabolism in streptozotocin-diabetic rats. Mo decreased hyperglycemia and glucosuria by 75% and corrected the elevation of plasma nonesterified fatty acids. Tolerance to glucose loads was improved, and glycogen stores were replenished. These effects were not due to a rise of insulinemia. In liver, Mo restored the blunted mRNA and activity of glucokinase and pyruvate kinase and decreased to normal phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase values. Finally, Mo totally reversed the low expression and activity of acetyl-CoA carboxylase and fatty acid synthase in liver, but not in white adipose tissue. In conclusion, Mo exerts a marked blood glucose-lowering effect in diabetic rats by an insulin-like action. This effect results in part from a restoration of hepatic glucose metabolism and is associated with a tissue-specific correction of lipogenic enzyme gene expression, both processes being essentially mediated by reversal of impaired pretranslational regulatory mechanisms. These observations raise new therapeutic perspectives in diabetes, particularly in the insulin-resistant condition.

What-a-Riot

Molybdenum is at least vaguely pro-liver and antihistamine, so that's stuff he supports. I've heard it can deplete copper, but that's at high supplemental doses, and foods like liver and beans that have good amounts of molybdenum come with copper. Worth looking at the interaction, and I think molybdenum is worth looking at too, I hope this gets some talk from more knowledgeable people. Google search site: phoenixrising.me molybdenum for some good posts

EDIT
with no space between the colon and the website, just a site search of Phoenix rising

Last edited:

keith

I have been taking chelated molybdenum on and off with great results. I dont know what Peat's views on it are, but its effects seem very positive on FFA's and insulin resistance according to the study below:

Improvement of glucose and lipid metabolism in diabetic rats treated with molybdate. - PubMed - NCBI

Improvement of glucose and lipid metabolism in diabetic rats treated with molybdate.
Ozcelikay AT1, Becker DJ, Ongemba LN, Pottier AM, Henquin JC, Brichard SM.
Author information

Abstract
Molybdenum mimics certain insulin actions in vitro. We have investigated the effects of oral administration of Na2MoO4 (Mo) for 8 wk on carbohydrate and lipid metabolism in streptozotocin-diabetic rats. Mo decreased hyperglycemia and glucosuria by 75% and corrected the elevation of plasma nonesterified fatty acids. Tolerance to glucose loads was improved, and glycogen stores were replenished. These effects were not due to a rise of insulinemia. In liver, Mo restored the blunted mRNA and activity of glucokinase and pyruvate kinase and decreased to normal phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase values. Finally, Mo totally reversed the low expression and activity of acetyl-CoA carboxylase and fatty acid synthase in liver, but not in white adipose tissue. In conclusion, Mo exerts a marked blood glucose-lowering effect in diabetic rats by an insulin-like action. This effect results in part from a restoration of hepatic glucose metabolism and is associated with a tissue-specific correction of lipogenic enzyme gene expression, both processes being essentially mediated by reversal of impaired pretranslational regulatory mechanisms. These observations raise new therapeutic perspectives in diabetes, particularly in the insulin-resistant condition.

Interesting...would you mind sharing the specifics on the great results you have seen, the dose you take, and brand, if you have a good one?

OP
D

docall18

Interesting...would you mind sharing the specifics on the great results you have seen, the dose you take, and brand, if you have a good one?

Results - clear calm head, less fatigue and improved sleep. It does feel like lowered FFA's. Been taking country life chelated molybdenum. Approx 300ug/day.

Molybdenum is at least vaguely pro-liver and antihistamine, so that's stuff he supports. I've heard it can deplete copper, but that's at high supplemental doses, and foods like liver and beans that have good amounts of molybdenum come with copper. Worth looking at the interaction, and I think molybdenum is worth looking at too, I hope this gets some talk from more knowledgeable people. g

Ya supposedly it depletes copper. As far as i recall Peat said somewhere that high blood copper is often a marker of inflammation.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals