What's So Good About Hong Kong ?

Mauritio

What's so good about Hong Kong. When I've been there I had one of the best times. I was feeling and looking good .
It was strange I was literally building muscle without working out , and I looked very dry ,not puffy .
When I came out of the shower a dude looked at me and said he needs to start working out again. The thing is I was on a 3 months trip through Asia and almost never worked out and certainly not at that time .
I was also having high energy ,good mood ,beeing spontaneous and motivated .
I thought about it afterwards and I think it must be something about the city itself because I was only there for a few days, and before and after that I didn't have those positive attributes.
So I came to the conclusion it must be something about the city. Like the air for example . Maybe more CO2 than usual?! Even though it's at sea level ...
It can't be the food as I mostly ate cheap pizza there ... but hong Kong also has the highest life expectancy of the whole world despite its air pollution . I actually found the air to be quite nice for some reason...
Does anybody known what could have contributed to those effects in hong kong ?

lvysaur

combination of walking and at-will socialization IMO

I had the same experience in NYC. Having a private space in a city is one of the most socially healthy things possible, because you have complete choice of socialization on your terms. You can be completely alone when needed, and surrounded by people when needed.

Walking is good for your health, and it also removes the stress of having to drive everywhere.

NYC also has fluoridated water, but despite this it's the tastiest crispest water I've ever had.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

I mean thats certainly possible ...
But I also had the chance to socialize in Thailand or Myanmar (which I did ) .
You re right though I definitely did socialize the most in HK. I am still not sure if that's the whole story...

They also have ozonated water in hk . Maybe that's superior in some way.

Elize

I lived in Hong Kong for 6 years. It was wonderful. Now in the US. Hong Kong with the glits, glamour and basic island stalls, temples and markets feeds your soul at many levels.

postman

I had the same experience in NYC. Having a private space in a city is one of the most socially healthy things possible, because you have complete choice of socialization on your terms. You can be completely alone when needed, and surrounded by people when needed.
interesting thought

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

I lived in Hong Kong for 6 years. It was wonderful. Now in the US. Hong Kong with the glits, glamour and basic island stalls, temples and markets feeds your soul at many levels.
Wow, I am jealous. How was your metabolism at that time?

Elize

Much better as I had Levothyroxine injections and lived on oi the islands. Watching the ferries going to and fro between the islands. At the Foothills home to Big Buddha.

boris

Maybe try the ozonated water and see if you feel similar to back then. I think the generators are fairly cheap.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Much better as I had Levothyroxine injections and lived on oi the islands. Watching the ferries going to and fro between the islands. At the Foothills home to Big Buddha.
Sounds great !!

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Maybe try the ozonated water and see if you feel similar to back then. I think the generators are fairly cheap.
I have one and its not the same :/

It called traveling. Everytime I travel I feel so much better. Backpacking especially. New experience and emotions rise BDNF.

Ledo

It called traveling. Everytime I travel I feel so much better. Backpacking especially. New experience and emotions rise BDNF.
This is it, the missing link to health and it is what Peat said about having a stimulating invigorating life. There was a picture of peat associated with this thought, him stopped and turned on a road.

Travel around or even just go on vacation and if the stress is low watch the new environment literally recharge the body.

Its why reasonably busy people can be in great shape health wise never looking a a health website once in their life and out do an "evidence" based health research idiot.

I think guys like Danny Roddy do a great job of not letting this activity grind them down which is likely a state of mind anyway. If you are in the dumps, get some money and go travel around. What do you have to lose trying?

Goobz

What's so good about Hong Kong. When I've been there I had one of the best times. I was feeling and looking good .
It was strange I was literally building muscle without working out , and I looked very dry ,not puffy .
When I came out of the shower a dude looked at me and said he needs to start working out again. The thing is I was on a 3 months trip through Asia and almost never worked out and certainly not at that time .
I thought about it afterwards and I think it must be something about the city itself because I was only there for a few days, and before and after that I didn't have those positive attributes.
So I came to the conclusion it must be something about the city. Like the air for example . Maybe more CO2 than usual?! Even though it's at sea level ...
It can't be the food as I mostly ate cheap pizza there ... but hong Kong also has the highest life expectancy of the whole world despite its air pollution . I actually found the air to be quite nice for some reason...

How long had you been on your 3 month trip by the time you were in HK?

Years ago I went on a similar length trip around Asia, especially south east Asia, and got very lean and muscular by the end of it. Best shape of my life, though I was a bit younger of course. Getting lots of daily exercise, walking, hiking, and the light Asian food, was what I put it down to at the time. I think my body responds better to rice based dishes, than wheat based.

Things like body composition don't change overnight after landing in a new place, so I'd expect the changes you noticed in HK to be more due to the preceding weeks and months. Even if you were there only a few days, maybe that was the "peak" of whatever you'd been doing leading up to it, and then that behaviour dropped off.

Idk how much the pollution differs btwn Hong Kong and mainland, but many cities that have sea breezes get good ions in the sea breezes that help with some of the nastiness... may be why NYC isn't always as bad air wise as it should be

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

How long had you been on your 3 month trip by the time you were in HK?

Years ago I went on a similar length trip around Asia, especially south east Asia, and got very lean and muscular by the end of it. Best shape of my life, though I was a bit younger of course. Getting lots of daily exercise, walking, hiking, and the light Asian food, was what I put it down to at the time. I think my body responds better to rice based dishes, than wheat based.

Things like body composition don't change overnight after landing in a new place, so I'd expect the changes you noticed in HK to be more due to the preceding weeks and months. Even if you were there only a few days, maybe that was the "peak" of whatever you'd been doing leading up to it, and then that behaviour dropped off.
It wasn't necessarily the body composition . But the hormonal state can change pretty fast, and with that attributes like water retention and muscle tone . That's what I meant.
It was the end of my trip and I ate pretty Asian before I got to Hong kong . In hk I sometimes ate asian cuisine but mostly pizza or kebabs because of the price .

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Idk how much the pollution differs btwn Hong Kong and mainland, but many cities that have sea breezes get good ions in the sea breezes that help with some of the nastiness... may be why NYC isn't always as bad air wise as it should be
I think it must have been something like this ,because It couldn't really be the stuff I ate or the physical activities i did.
And i had similar results when i went skiing a few years back .
I will be in the himalaya this year so we will see if i can repeat those results at high altitude ...

Kingpinguin

The pollution problem has become better tho. Hong Kong is just a nice city. I think the excitement and also the novelty of that city just changes ones mood. I’ve been to Honk Kong several times and I’ve always felt great and enjoy it. Something about it makes you feel at home but at the same time fresh and new. To bad about the chinese control.
IMO it was a better city when it was controlled by the british. Hope the chinese goverment wont ruin it in the long run. But yeah Asia in general is fantastic. Thailand is also a place where I always feel great. Relaxed and healthy.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

The pollution problem has become better tho. Hong Kong is just a nice city. I think the excitement and also the novelty of that city just changes ones mood. I’ve been to Honk Kong several times and I’ve always felt great and enjoy it. Something about it makes you feel at home but at the same time fresh and new. To bad about the chinese control.
IMO it was a better city when it was controlled by the british. Hope the chinese goverment wont ruin it in the long run. But yeah Asia in general is fantastic. Thailand is also a place where I always feel great. Relaxed and healthy.
Well said . I also felt really at home in hk ,in aisa in general . Good place to be ...as danny roddy has apparently also discovered.

PTP

I felt the same way in Buenos Aires. Some places just connect with us on a level that's hard to understand. There's no way the air (or anything else) in BA is particularly clean. People were friendly and I seemed to be surrounded by gorgeous women, but that was also true in Colombia where I'd come from, along with the other Argentine cities and towns. The only thing I could say helping physiologically was maybe I was eating very high quality beef that you can't get elsewhere. There's certainly not much economic freedom in BA, although it was cheap at the time thanks to the black market rate for US dollars.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals