What are some good industries to get into in 2022? Searching for a new job.

stressless

I know this is a bit off-topic for this forum (which is why I'm posting under Misc), but there is a great deal of wisdom on this site and I wanted to take a stab at it to see if anyone else has given this a thought.

What are some good industries to get into in 2022? I'm looking to change jobs (as many are) and don't want to start my own company but want to make sure I work for a company that has a good mission and isn't doing anything evil/unethical/woke or promoting harmful or ignorant mainstream ideas/missions. I feel like our options are narrowing in on us every day :sweatsmile:. I mean even M&Ms have found a way to go woke (is nothing safe!?)

I'm a software engineer and a few years ago I thought it would be awesome to work my way up to one of the big tech companies (Apple always sounded fun to me, I was a lot more naive back then). Flash forward to today and I'm much more aware of the evil these companies participate in and can't in good conscience work for any of the FAANG+ companies or anything similar.

If you were looking for a job these days, what industries would you focus your search on?

Fred

The goal is to destroy everything not owned by the NWO. That's why Walmart, with 100 customers per hour, remained open during lockdowns, but small businesses with two customers per hour had to be closed (way too risky, you see). They want everyone working for NWO-owned businesses, or working online, so that dissenters can be locked-out with the flick of a switch. Long-term career planning is basically impossible, at the moment.

JamesGatz

I am in the same boat - I didn't handle corporate software development well so taught CS in a school and a coach for awhile - I still work with kids but just prefer remote

For the Great Reset/new Social Credit System they plan on making everyone as equally poor so software/AI will take over a lot - I don't think any job is really safe - I plan on becoming a farmer within the next 2 years so I can easily clock out of society to support myself

Lollipop2

Maybe construction, medical - some aspect that does not involve patients like working with a medical billing company or a durable medical equipment company, grocery industry like a high end specialty grocery that the “rich” shop at, land surveying, architect working with a large construction company, work with an IT support company with medical offices or hospitals as clients - etc etc. Many, many, many jobs out there - don’t get boxed in by small vision.

Grapelander

O*NET Online if you need a research tool. You can find out what jobs pay, typical education required, job growth, etc.
They also have job categories like: Bright Outlook
onet.JPG

hei

What about companies in industries that are a bit unfashionable or have a low profile? I'm thinking of things like utilities, industrial equipment/process automation, perhaps environmental services or GIS, that sort of thing. A lot of those do really useful things and it's really quite noble to do something like help the power stay on to keep people's milk cold.

dallascat

I know this is a bit off-topic for this forum (which is why I'm posting under Misc), but there is a great deal of wisdom on this site and I wanted to take a stab at it to see if anyone else has given this a thought.

What are some good industries to get into in 2022? I'm looking to change jobs (as many are) and don't want to start my own company but want to make sure I work for a company that has a good mission and isn't doing anything evil/unethical/woke or promoting harmful or ignorant mainstream ideas/missions. I feel like our options are narrowing in on us every day :sweatsmile:. I mean even M&Ms have found a way to go woke (is nothing safe!?)

I'm a software engineer and a few years ago I thought it would be awesome to work my way up to one of the big tech companies (Apple always sounded fun to me, I was a lot more naive back then). Flash forward to today and I'm much more aware of the evil these companies participate in and can't in good conscience work for any of the FAANG+ companies or anything similar.

If you were looking for a job these days, what industries would you focus your search on?
Learn Solidity.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals