Vitamin C Increases Growth Hormones

MrThyroid

this study says that vitamin C is strongly and uniquely associated with stimulated and endogenous spontaneous GH secretion.
The association of macro- and micronutrient intake with growth hormone secretion. - PubMed - NCBI

i see that taking growth hormones will increase aging and decrease lifespan , so does increasing it naturally will do the same ?
ORANGES have a lot of vitamin C ..
like whaaaaaaaaaaaat XD igf 1 is the epitome of anti-aging.

Edit: Maybe you right if you completely avoiding vitamin c you get scorbut and die and then you will never age hahaha

Terma

That will deserve a closer read, but I needed to know this, thanks

This is consistent with the idea that Vit C promotes collagen formation. It does this directly through mechanisms you can read in @Travis posts, but GH also is a major promoter of collagen formation (at least through local IGF-1 production, I forget if GH receptors themselves trigger it) so this is two birds.

[Meaning I'll try to take it closer to bedtime from now on, that's when you want the GH spike, unless the study indicates time of intake doesn't matter]

Last edited:

MrThyroid

This is consistent with the idea that Vit C promotes collagen formation. It does this directly through mechanisms you can read in @Travis posts, but GH also is a major promoter of collagen formation (at least through local IGF-1 production, I forget if GH receptors themselves trigger it) so this is two birds.

[Meaning I'll try to take it closer to bedtime from now on, that's when you want the GH spike, unless the study indicates time of intake doesn't matter]
you want to maximize your HGH, because its regenerating, anti aging etc. You will never reach such high HGH levels that it will harm you, so dont worry about it.

OP
A

Aymen

good , GH is at it's peak when someone fasts for 24 hours and in REM sleep .

Terma

Yeah. I'm not a fan of fasting, but Ray Peat advice is too misleading for sleep.

You can't seriously avoid stress hormones during a good 8-11 hour night. You need that short cortisol peak in the morning, and the nighttime GH is much preferable to early night high cortisol. In any situation where there's no food intake (or low insulin / blood glucose, by proxy), GH is much preferable to cortisol, and completely physiological to have at night.

Vit C is popularly known (I never actually confirmed this myself) to lower cortisol. In a fasted situation it's to an extent logical it would then promote GH instead, compared to other substances. Don't know which mechanism is slave, however (lowering cortisol or increasing GH).

I advocate non-daily baclofen [edit: by this I meant it or any of the strong pseudo-substitutes I listed in the other thread, it's not perfectly reliable in studies, and dose-dependent - whatever works] at bedtime for the same reason - higher GH, lower cortisol. Even some free glycine might do it, but my experience with it is poor. So it's good news there might be an alternative.

(Keep in mind I still haven't read that article)

Circadian variation of growth hormone secretion in normal prepubertal children. Comparison to constitutional growth delay and growth hormone defici... - PubMed - NCBI
growth_homone_deficient_children.png

Last edited:

MrThyroid

when did you get this information ? growth hormones increases IGF-1 and i suggest you read some of haidut posts about growth hormones
growth hormone | Ray Peat Forum
so what you want try to tell me to avoid hgh and its derivates at all cost ? Also hgh enhancers like vitamin c , sleep, protein, milk, glycin , taurin , carbs, calcium, glutathione, thyroid hormone t3 and 1000 other things

OP
A

Aymen

so what you want try to tell me to avoid hgh and its derivates at all cost ? Also hgh enhancers like vitamin c , sleep, protein, milk, glycin , taurin , carbs, calcium, glutathione, thyroid hormone t3 and 1000 other things
not really , i just wanted to clear to you that growth hormones are not as good as we thought since everyone think it's a good thing , i know that injecting growth hormones is bad for sure but trying to increase it naturally that's what i,m scared of ! is it safe or not ?

OP
A

Aymen

Yeah. I'm not a fan of fasting, but Ray Peat advice is too misleading for sleep.

You can't seriously avoid stress hormones during a good 8-11 hour night. You need that short cortisol peak in the morning, and the nighttime GH is much preferable to early night high cortisol. In any situation where there's no food intake (or low insulin / blood glucose, by proxy), GH is much preferable to cortisol, and completely physiological to have at night.

Vit C is popularly known (I never actually confirmed this myself) to lower cortisol. In a fasted situation it's to an extent logical it would then promote GH instead, compared to other substances. Don't know which mechanism is slave, however (lowering cortisol or increasing GH).

I advocate non-daily baclofen [edit: by this I meant it or any of the strong pseudo-substitutes I listed in the other thread, it's not perfectly reliable in studies, and dose-dependent - whatever works] at bedtime for the same reason - higher GH, lower cortisol. Even some free glycine might do it, but my experience with it is poor. So it's good news there might be an alternative.

(Keep in mind I still haven't read that article)

Circadian variation of growth hormone secretion in normal prepubertal children. Comparison to constitutional growth delay and growth hormone defici... - PubMed - NCBI
View attachment 9184
yes , and when insulin is low GH is up so going to bed without a snack is a bad idea ..

LCohen

High dose Vitamin C with Lysine are strongly essential for heart and arterial health, blood flow etc. I wouldn't mind these little cons, you won't even notice that GH rises and little harms..

TreasureVibe

High dose Vitamin C with Lysine are strongly essential for heart and arterial health, blood flow etc. I wouldn't mind these little cons, you won't even notice that GH rises and little harms..
Exactly, there is no other proven method of reversing atherosclerosis currently.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals