Flurbiprofen For Bone Growth

Adrian_B

Flurbiprofen enhances growth and cancellous and cortical bone accumulation in rapidly growing long bones. - PubMed - NCBI

There was a decrease in osteoclast numbers (-62 to -70%), an insignificant decrease in osteoblast numbers (-5 to -30%) per mm of bone surface and a decrease in osteoclast to osteoblast ratio (-35 to -56%). The findings presented are compatible with the conclusion that flurbiprofen, induced changes in rapidly growing long bones by reducing osteoclast activity and recruitment, stimulating longitudinal and radial growth, increasing the cortical bone mass by stimulated periosteal bone growth and depressed endosteal resorption, and increasing cancellous bone mass by depressed trabecular bone resorption without affecting bone formation.

Flurbiprofen-induced stimulation of periosteal bone formation and inhibition of bone resorption in older rats. - PubMed - NCBI

There was an insignificant increase in metaphyseal cancellous bone mass. The current study leads to the conclusion that flurbiprofen-stimulated periosteal bone growth was due to direct stimulation of osteoblast recruitment and activity independent of longitudinal bone growth. Further, it confirms early findings in young rats that flurbiprofen induced depressed bone resorption without lowering bone formation. However, because of insufficient treatment time, the older rat did not accumulate bone as the young rats did.

The later study is promising as it shows rapid bone growth even for mature rats with closed growth plates, although not to the same extent as the younger rats. If this were to be ran with an aromatase inhibitor and growth hormone, would it lead to more masculine characteristics and increased height - especially in teens with open growth plates (the aromatase inhibitor would prevent them from closing)?

I am considering this in combination with increasing my testosterone levels through hormones, diet, and exercise, and also supplementing with calcium, vitamin K2 MK-4, and D3.

I wouldn't. I would only focus on nutritional approaches and things like dairy, K2, D3, red light, exercise, E, A, ripe fruit, calcium to phosphorus ratios, and be patient.

FredSonoma

Is this to try to grow a more developed facial bone structure? Or some other reason?

OP
A

Adrian_B

Is this to try to grow a more developed facial bone structure? Or some other reason?

That's the idea. It would also be interesting to see if this can potentially help with height. I've went to the doctor and my growth plates are still not closed.

FredSonoma

That's the idea. It would also be interesting to see if this can potentially help with height. I've went to the doctor and my growth plates are still not closed.
Awesome. Would be extremely interested to hear how it goes.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals