Tyromix Lab Tests - Before And After - Not What I Expected

Sumbody

I have been using Tyromix for about 3 months now. I started slowly, and worked my way up, and am now at 4-6 drops about 5-6 times a day. Placed upon backsides of hands, inner elbows, wrists, etc.

Lab Results Sep. 28th BEFORE

TSH: 7.9 uIU/ml Standard Range 0.4 - 4.2 uIU/mL
Free T4: 0.9 ng/dl Standard Range 0.8 - 1.7 ng/dL

Lab Results Dec. 20th AFTER

TSH: 10.0 uIU/mL Standard Range 0.4 - 4.2 uIU/mL
Free T4: 0.9 ng/dL Standard Range 0.8 - 1.7 ng/dL
Total T3: 107 ng/dL Standard Range 50 - 170 ng/dL

Clearly this is very disappointing, and I would say it's fairly obvious the thyroid solution is not reaching the bloodstream. I've had my doubts about topical absorption, but what is going on here? 4 bottles in 3 months, $150 later and gone backwards?

I do not take pulse and temps, but perhaps now is a good time to start. I will need to buy the devices to do so, and it's difficult to worry about that when I barely have enough time in the mornings to get dressed and fly out the door for work.

At this point I will have to try the oral route with the rest of the bottle. But considering I can get a 30 day supply of T4 for 5 bucks from the pharmacy is a lot more tempting than spending the extra money on Tyromix.

I just wanted to leave this here for those of you who "think" you may be feeling something from a solution or supplement you take, but you really don't know without blood work. This entire time I thought I felt like my body temp had increased quite a bit, but I dunno, I feel like TSH should have come down significantly by now, as 50 mcg of T4 every morning reliably dropped TSH in the past.

There may be more to the story here and I understand further testing is necessary to pin point the problem, but I asked my doctor to test TSH, total T3/T4, free T3/T4, and RT3 and I was lucky to get the last 3 tests I got on Dec. 20th.

Progesterone

I have been using Tyromix for about 3 months now. I started slowly, and worked my way up, and am now at 4-6 drops about 5-6 times a day. Placed upon backsides of hands, inner elbows, wrists, etc.

Clearly this is very disappointing, and I would say it's fairly obvious the thyroid solution is not reaching the bloodstream. I've had my doubts about topical absorption, but what is going on here? 4 bottles in 3 months, $150 later and gone backwards?

I do not take pulse and temps, but perhaps now is a good time to start. I will need to buy the devices to do so, and it's difficult to worry about that when I barely have enough time in the mornings to get dressed and fly out the door for work.

At this point I will have to try the oral route with the rest of the bottle. But considering I can get a 30 day supply of T4 for 5 bucks from the pharmacy is a lot more tempting than spending the extra money on Tyromix.

I just wanted to leave this here for those of you who "think" you may be feeling something from a solution or supplement you take, but you really don't know without blood work. This entire time I thought I felt like my body temp had increased quite a bit, but I dunno, I feel like TSH should have come down significantly by now, as 50 mcg of T4 every morning reliably dropped TSH in the past.

There may be more to the story here and I understand further testing is necessary to pin point the problem, but I asked my doctor to test TSH, total T3/T4, free T3/T4, and RT3 and I was lucky to get the last 3 tests I got on Dec. 20th.

Damn...

I would say drop dose on tongue.

But yeah.. this is bad.

hmmmmmm.

How can this be explained?

Mauritio

Maybe it's too much t4 for you, increasing rt3. I I was you, I'd try only t3 or much less t4 for a while.

Nicole W.

How have you been feeling on Tyromix? That is the important question I think. I’ve had a similar result with Tyromix as far as labs are concerned: my TSH is the highest its ever been and according to my doc, my T4/T3 ratio is not perfect. However, I am feeling better than I ever have on any other thyroid supplement. I am warmer, I have good energy, less aches and pains etc... some skin issues have disappeared since I have been on Tyromix. So the labs don’t make sense, but I do feel good. I’m not sure why, except I remember that when I was on NDT my labs were perfect, but I felt horrible. Like I had Chronic Fatigue or something. Do you track your pulse and temps? Mine are excellent now. But, distressingly, they do not correspond to lab results.. Anyone have any idea why this is happening?

Kunstruct

How have you been feeling on Tyromix? That is the important question I think. I’ve had a similar result with Tyromix as far as labs are concerned: my TSH is the highest its ever been and according to my doc, my T4/T3 ratio is not perfect. However, I am feeling better than I ever have on any other thyroid supplement. I am warmer, I have good energy, less aches and pains etc... some skin issues have disappeared since I have been on Tyromix. So the labs don’t make sense, but I do feel good. I’m not sure why, except I remember that when I was on NDT my labs were perfect, but I felt horrible. Like I had Chronic Fatigue or something. Do you track your pulse and temps? Mine are excellent now. But, distressingly, they do not correspond to lab results.. Anyone have any idea why this is happening?

I wonder what was going on with the other non-thyroid hormones while on NDT situation and while the Tyromix?

Progesterone

Very interesting.

I know Tyromix works because of all the things you mentioned as well. Why it wouldn't improve labs is weird as hell...

btw Nicole, has it improved your scalp hair? what dosage and frequency do u use?

Nicole W.

I wonder what was going on with the other non-thyroid hormones while on NDT situation and while the Tyromix?
Funny you should ask: the T4/T3 ratio was not appropriate for me and caused my cortisol to become very very low. My naturopath suspected that was what was happening and so I did a DUTCH test to confirm it. I never understood the mechanism behind why the NDT lowered my cortisol but when I discontinued it I started to feel so much better.

Kunstruct

Funny you should ask: the T4/T3 ratio was not appropriate for me and caused my cortisol to become very very low. My naturopath suspected that was what was happening and so I did a DUTCH test to confirm it. I never understood the mechanism behind why the NDT lowered my cortisol but when I discontinued it I started to feel so much better.

This is basically what you hear from the majority on this forum, that when their Cortisol levels were not very low they felt much better than with very low Cortisol.

Nicole W.

Very interesting.

I know Tyromix works because of all the things you mentioned as well. Why it wouldn't improve labs is weird as hell...

btw Nicole, has it improved your scalp hair? what dosage and frequency do u use?
My hair is always good, low thyroid or not. My nails are strong and long and my is hair thick and curly. I also have very good eyebrows. I have to have them threaded every 10 days or else I start to look like Groucho Marx. So... I don’t think those classic hypo symptoms affect everyone who is low thyroid. The only time I lost any hair was during a very traumatic event and it was just a 1 inch patch on my temple. Otherwise, my hair quality and growth has been consistently good throughout my life.

I use 3 drops of Tyromix a day, usually in the morning. It’s not a big amount but it changed the way I feel tremendously. I just got my labs done and my TSH was at 3. Previously it was 1.8 when I first started Tyromix 6 months ago.. ( I tested after the first month of use). Not sure what changed but needless to say, I was surprised by the results.

Progesterone

My hair is always good, low thyroid or not. My nails are strong and long and my is hair thick and curly. I also have very good eyebrows. I have to have them threaded every 10 days or else I start to look like Groucho Marx. So... I don’t think those classic hypo symptoms affect everyone who is low thyroid. The only time I lost any hair was during a very traumatic event and it was just a 1 inch patch on my temple. Otherwise, my hair quality and growth has been consistently good throughout my life.

I use 3 drops of Tyromix a day, usually in the morning. It’s not a big amount but it changed the way I feel tremendously. I just got my labs done and my TSH was at 3. Previously it was 1.8 when I first started Tyromix 6 months ago.. ( I tested after the first month of use). Not sure what changed but needless to say, I was surprised by the results.

Thank you!

3 drops a day.. usually all at once in the morning? or maybe upon waking 1 drop.. and 2 drops 3 hrs later or something?

Nicole W.

I did discuss that with my Naturopath but she recommended against it: I think she was concerned that dosing later in the day would interfere with my sleep. I have a history of insomnia, so maybe she was cautioning me against it for that reason. I think I do get a little hypo later in the day but it may work in my favor because I get tired before bed and fall asleep really easily now. Maybe I should just see what happens, I’m going to be retested soon so that we can get to the bottom of this issue.

OP
S

Sumbody

Do you still do that? What do you eat?

Do you eat breakfast?

Why are you taking so much thyroid?

No, it's very rare that I don't eat and work. Although I can if need be.

Yes I do try to eat breakfast, perhaps some eggs, cheese, fruit, OJ, a simple breakfast sandwich, milk, etc. It varies, but I do my best to avoid processed foods, PUFA. But if that's not an option then I try to choose foods of a lesser evil.

I worked up to that dose by what I thought felt right. To be honest, it's so hard to tell though. I feel like I may have slimmed down, but only a very little, and that may have just been water retention. I'm about 5'10" 185-190lbs, but I actually have quite a bit of muscle. I could stand to loose a little fat around the midsection and have abs show through, but not there yet.

I personally do not think the thyroid is absorbing through my skin, as well as some of the other topical supplements I have taken, because I usually feel nothing from them contrary to what others may post about.

isn't that a ton of t3? 4-5 drops 5-6 times a day? even the t4 is at 6mcg for tyromix, 120 mcg is 3 grains isn't it? you are getting 180mcg a day of t4, so you are exceeding 3 grains a day? can someone confirm if that is true?

OP
S

Sumbody

The only thing maybe I can say for sure is increased body heat. But hard to say.

It is winter here and I notice when working I will remove layers much sooner, or be working in just a long sleeve on a 50 F degree day, where as in the past maybe I would have still had more layers on. But I dunno, that still may be just an assumption.

boris

Personally I would try 2 drops oral after meals and see if it makes any difference. And as others suggested maybe trying T3 only.

In general TSH is influenced by many factors and taking thyroid is not guaranteed to lower it. I would first pay more attention to having good temps and pulse.

And lowering stress! Mornings are important. If you don't have time in the morning I think you should take time. Going to bed earlier so you can have a relaxing start in the day, with nice breakfast etc.

OP
S

Sumbody

I took about 5-6 drops only an hour before the test. I feel like there should have been some reflection of that in free T4?

I don't know but I'm kind of at a loss here.

Knowing RT3 and total T4 might tell a more complete story, but getting doctors to test for things I request is like pulling teeth.

I feel that it is evident that it is not absorbing through the skin.

I will try placing drops into a small amount of water and drinking that.

The new Eugenol version burns the mouth and irritates the throat for about 10 minutes after.

OP
S

Sumbody

Personally I would try 2 drops oral after meals and see if it makes any difference. And as others suggested maybe trying T3 only.

In general TSH is influenced by many factors and taking thyroid is not guaranteed to lower it. I would first pay more attention to having good temps and pulse.

And lowering stress! Mornings are important. If you don't have time in the morning I think you should take time. Going to bed earlier so you can have a relaxing start in the day, with nice breakfast etc.

Yeah, I really would like to test prolactin as from what I understand it can mess with TSH as well.

My TSH has been all over the place the past couple years, as high as 17, and only as low as about 4.9 or so.

I did test positive for thyroid antibodies, but unfortunately the lab at the hospital I test at doesn't tell you that number. It's either positive or negative. But I feel like knowing that number would be beneficial as you could work on things that might be decreasing those antibodies and knowing that could be beneficial.

If I had the funds I would do some outside testing of several things to get a more complete picture. But those tests out of pocket can be quite pricey and I don't have the funds for that unfortunately.

Progesterone

I took about 5-6 drops only an hour before the test. I feel like there should have been some reflection of that in free T4?

I don't know but I'm kind of at a loss here.

Knowing RT3 and total T4 might tell a more complete story, but getting doctors to test for things I request is like pulling teeth.

I feel that it is evident that it is not absorbing through the skin.

I will try placing drops into a small amount of water and drinking that.

The new Eugenol version burns the mouth and irritates the throat for about 10 minutes after.

So dropping Eugenol version on tongue is not an option? that's my plan...

OP
S

Sumbody

So dropping Eugenol version on tongue is not an option? that's my plan...

I'm sure it is, however you may find it burns a lil bit.

For me, throughout the day, I may not always be in front of a mirror, so it's hard to see how many drops go into my mouth. That is why I prefer to place drops into a small amount of water then drink it as I can see how many drops are placed.

Even doing it this way produces a small amount of burning or irritation similar to sucking on a fireball candy. It is tolerable just maybe not so pleasant after repeated uses.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals