Trump Elected Again?

jmojo

I don't know everything, but I did take the time to read the Constitution for the united States of America a few times. It's a pretty easy document to read and understand (it was deliberately written that way) , and pretty short, too. If your knowledge is "inferior"simply because you haven't read it, take the time and read it today. It's really quick, probably will take less than an hour of your time.

I remember glancing through it many years ago but I will take your advice and add it to my reading list. I also don't mean to criticize you in any way. I respect your many writings on this forum.

But lets say that I have then gone through and thoroughly read the Constitution. Will this give me trust in our current system which I and many others believe to be completely taken over by the elite and oligarchs? I absolutely truly believe that our founding fathers did not account for things to ever become this corrupted by money and power. I unfortunately believe that our system will never be able to dig itself out of this mess and that it's essentially a failed experiment.

I always keep coming back to Einstein's following quote:

"Private capital tends to become concentrated in few hands, partly because of competition among the capitalists, and partly because technological development and the increasing division of labor encourage the formation of larger units of production at the expense of smaller ones. The result of these developments is an oligarchy of private capital the enormous power of which cannot be effectively checked even by a democratically organized political society. This is true since the members of legislative bodies are selected by political parties, largely financed or otherwise influenced by private capitalists who, for all practical purposes, separate the electorate from the legislature. The consequence is that the representatives of the people do not in fact sufficiently protect the interests of the underprivileged sections of the population. Moreover, under existing conditions, private capitalists inevitably control, directly or indirectly, the main sources of information (press, radio, education). It is thus extremely difficult, and indeed in most cases quite impossible, for the individual citizen to come to objective conclusions and to make intelligent use of his political rights."

MatheusPN

The problem with all of this is dualism. Either Or. But anarchy is not no rules. It is no rulers. But to live with no rulers takes cultivation and trust in one's inner guidance system.
What exactly type of dualism, only either-or? Kropotkin surely rejects this view. Is the text not nuanced? If so, its because its just a part of it. Or what?
Here:"But anarchy is not no rules. It is no rulers." Are you just saying what anarchism is or are you implying something else? Or just affirming that anarchism is nuanced? In relation to the last phrase: Kropotkin was well aware of that and more, it could even seem in that text.

Kropotkin is known to believe in equality, altruism, and how things are interconnected therefore/ if coherent his work isn't about either-or. His work is very nuanced, showing lots of relations, similarly to the rhizome by Deleuze, consequently between the rule and the ruled there will be lots of nuances. Unlike most think, his work involves a search for equilibrium, not things like"give money, you have more" a simplistic misuse and abuse. To find this balance he principally tries to understand life, and how to enrich existence, how to improve beings.
He looks at every creature and perceives in which direction life steers and perceive which behavior every have in common, the driving factor in everyone; mutual aid prevails in life. A healthy/ prosperous being is intrinsically altruistic. Like prog/thyroid vs cortisol/ serotonin; not in a dualistic way, but as Ray asserts: "Everything is context dependant". Or as Ray says something like: "Life tends to concentrate and accumulates energy"

yerrag

I don't even know where to start. It's like you tuned out everything after he criticized Trump. How is Trump not above criticizing? Trump is arguably a highly corrupt con artist who has cheated and conned his way to the top. His business practices are asinine and it's why he's had so many failures and debts. The fact that anyone believes he's some great businessman or political figure makes me feel like I'm living in the twilight zone. Lets put aside who is worse in this upcoming election since that doesn't really matter. Hedges hates the Democratic party as much as the Republican party. This is about trying to shake up the current system because it's so far gone and corrupt that there is no way to work within it. I don't expect people to become a fan of Hedges or an alternative party, but to understand that the elite and oligarchs have rigged control of our current system and nothing of any substance for the poor and working class will ever get accomplished within it.

I'm for a strong third party that isn't controlled by a self-interested elite that seeks to undermine the common good. It should show itself to be above reproach in adhering to truth and transparency in spirit and in action. I do not see that in the way it denigrated the efforts of a man who is currently its president by assuming to know his motives, and to use made up perceptions of him as basis to judge his character. It shows also how difficult it is for this party to even know the basic essence of fairness, and how it would find itself handicapped by choosing its own candidates to fill the role of serving the people. It is already guilty of using media bias to cloud its judgment and using a form of mob lynching as its motor. If I focus on one aspect of it, it's only because there is no need to look further. It already fails a basic condition of credibility.

Last edited:

Regina

What exactly type of dualism, only either-or? Kropotkin surely rejects this view. Is the text not nuanced? If so, its because its just a part of it. Or what?
Here:"But anarchy is not no rules. It is no rulers." Are you just saying what anarchism is or are you implying something else? Or just affirming that anarchism is nuanced? In relation to the last phrase: Kropotkin was well aware of that and more, it could even seem in that text.

Kropotkin is known to believe in equality, altruism, and how things are interconnected therefore/ if coherent his work isn't about either-or. His work is very nuanced, showing lots of relations, similarly to the rhizome by Deleuze, consequently between the rule and the ruled there will be lots of nuances. Unlike most think, his work involves a search for equilibrium, not things like"give money, you have more" a simplistic misuse and abuse. To find this balance he principally tries to understand life, and how to enrich existence, how to improve beings.
He looks at every creature and perceives in which direction life steers and perceive which behavior every have in common, the driving factor in everyone; mutual aid prevails in life. A healthy/ prosperous being is intrinsically altruistic. Like prog/thyroid vs cortisol/ serotonin; not in a dualistic way, but as Ray asserts: "Everything is context dependant". Or as Ray says something like: "Life tends to concentrate and accumulates energy"
I'm not familiar with Kropotkin. So, the short excerpt came across as dualistic. The concept of rulers and the ruled. Personally, I do not believe there is any inherent hierarchy in humans. I do believe that healthy humans living relevant lives are intrinsically altruistic, creative, interactive and generally happy.

michael94

I remember glancing through it many years ago but I will take your advice and add it to my reading list. I also don't mean to criticize you in any way. I respect your many writings on this forum.

But lets say that I have then gone through and thoroughly read the Constitution. Will this give me trust in our current system which I and many others believe to be completely taken over by the elite and oligarchs? I absolutely truly believe that our founding fathers did not account for things to ever become this corrupted by money and power. I unfortunately believe that our system will never be able to dig itself out of this mess and that it's essentially a failed experiment.

I always keep coming back to Einstein's following quote:

"Private capital tends to become concentrated in few hands, partly because of competition among the capitalists, and partly because technological development and the increasing division of labor encourage the formation of larger units of production at the expense of smaller ones. The result of these developments is an oligarchy of private capital the enormous power of which cannot be effectively checked even by a democratically organized political society. This is true since the members of legislative bodies are selected by political parties, largely financed or otherwise influenced by private capitalists who, for all practical purposes, separate the electorate from the legislature. The consequence is that the representatives of the people do not in fact sufficiently protect the interests of the underprivileged sections of the population. Moreover, under existing conditions, private capitalists inevitably control, directly or indirectly, the main sources of information (press, radio, education). It is thus extremely difficult, and indeed in most cases quite impossible, for the individual citizen to come to objective conclusions and to make intelligent use of his political rights."
Einsteins quote is reasonable but these people never extend this argument to LOAN/BANKING CAPITAL,only industrialists and those that are otherwise engaged in productive activity. I wonder why that is?

Luann

A young black man tells the story of growing up on the south side and he and his friends found an open train car next to his neighborhood that was full of high-powered rifles. He said at the time, they thought they died and went to heaven. He joined the gang life and eventually they were running out of ammo. They went to a gun store and the proprietor said these weapons do not exist outside of the military. No gun store would have this ammo.
The young man said that as he got older and watched friends die, he realized the guns were coming from our government (see eye A). As were the drugs.

i can believe it...

Can we all just start a new party that's against the elites and quit blaming the working class and downtrodden when it's the rich and powerful who have concocted the horrid situation that we're in now and have been in the last few decades.

It's extremely frustrating to me that anyone could support either Trump or Biden in a way that either one is somehow going to change things. They're both tied to the elite class and so is everyone who is close to them. If you have tons of money, you're going to be just fine and will exponentially grow your income. If you're a typical working class person or poor, you're going to keep getting screwed. We will never learn because people are too easily swindled by divisive topics which have little to do with bettering people's lives.

unfortunately, that does align with what i observe as well... sigh

Regina

Haha. A good teacher teaches how to cut through delusion:

Last edited:

Mito

The polls are mostly garbage in/garbage out. The only pollster worth anything is Rasmussen. Rasmussen differs from the rest because they poll likely voters rather than registered voters, which gives them a more accurate reflection of the population. They were the most accurate pollster in 2016, predicting Clinton winning the popular vote by 1.7% (final result was 2.0%). Currently, they show Trump winning over Biden by 7.
The latest Rasmussen poll has Biden leading Trump by 12 points, an 11 point gain in less than two weeks.

yerrag

The latest Rasmussen poll has Biden leading Trump by 12 points, an 11 point gain in less than two weeks.

If that were consistent with its history of good polling, what do you think moved the needle that much?

Or did Andrew Weismann join Rasmussen? Or did Rasmussen have a shift in its methodology? Or is this how the last inning is turning out to be, given the media all-out censorship and selective news reporting as it tightens the screws on news and opinions favorable to conservative views?

I like to believe that any respectable pollster can be coerced to abide by the mainstream narrative, given how powerful the elites are. To get Rasmussen to tilt the polls in their favor is a big coup, as Rasmussen has developed credibility. It would help undecided voters make their decision, and it would reinforce the idea of the certainty of a Biden victory. It doesn't conform to my feel though. But that's only because I believe I have access to censored news and opinion.

Richiebogie

Trump promised to build a wall, renegotiate international trade deals, strengthen the military, end the political alliance with Iran, reduce regulation, recognise Jerusalem as Israel’s capital and put America first.

He has followed through on these promises.

The mainstream media hate him, but they seem to speak with one voice and seem to be controlled by a single entity, probably with a lot of money (see video below).

Many Americans have switched the mainstream media off. The people who elected Trump in 2016 weren’t listening to them then, and I believe more Americans have woken up to them being Fake News since.

Evangelical Christians have also turned away from idolising celebrities. Hollywood and TV ‘stars’ have revealed their true allegiance by posing in photos with an eye covered by a 666 hand signal.

Trump supports the police and Biden wants to defund them! In this time of mass riots, Trump has Law and Order to himself.

Single Script shows News = Advertisement

How do we know when an actor has stopped pretending?

Last edited:

yerrag

Trump promised to build a wall, renegotiate international trade deals, strengthen the military, end the political alliance with Iran, reduce regulation, recognise Jerusalem as Israel’s capital and put America first.

He has followed through on these promises.

The mainstream media hate him, but they seem to speak with one voice and seem to be controlled by a single entity, probably with a lot of money (see video below).

Many Americans have switched the mainstream media off. The people who elected Trump in 2016 weren’t listening to them then, and I believe more Americans have woken up to them being Fake News since.

Evangelical Christians have also turned away from idolising celebrities. Hollywood and TV ‘stars’ have revealed their true allegiance by posing in photos with an eye covered by a 666 hand signal.

Trump supports the police and Biden wants to defund them! In this time of mass riots, Trump has Law and Order to himself.

Good points. And might I add that the WalkAway movement is a thing. And blacks increasing their support for Trump, as well as Latinos on a stronger level. What's not moving are Asians, as pretty much Asians are very tied in with the financial and tech industries, which are very elite- and neocon/neoliberal leaning. Not only that, Asians are highly educated, and has been brainwashed by the university system.

The low-information voters are the only people that can be hoodwinked into thinking Biden and Harris are modern-day saints and saviors. I have no idea who these idiots are, but there must be a lot of them whose only news source is cable tv, broadcast tv, and NYT and WaPo and USA Today and their local rags. No alternate internet new sources if they do go online. Going with FB, Instagram, Twitter, Youtube and their censorship and propaganda. It doesn't help that COVID has kept them away from neighbors and friends and relatives, and in their cocoon they would be swayed by whatever propaganda they're getting.

yerrag

Biden's team is so desperate because they see the writing on the wall.

Now, the Commission of Presidential Debates refuses to let Trump debate Biden in-person.

Even as Biden made a respectable performance, they want to use Trump's COVID-19 positive test as an excuse to make their debate into an online townhall kind of debate. The establishment neocon/neoliberals in the commission can't take any chances. Biden might relapse into a senile old fool and perhaps start telling the truth.

While they game the public discourse by censorship, and as they repeat lies after lies in media, and as they rig the polls, and as they scheme to rig mail-in votes, they're still afraid they've cried wolf too many times already, and people have awakened to their lies and hypocrisy, and are having none of it. People now know the Democrat Party insiders are full of ***t, can't be trusted, cannot walk the talk, and are going to sell them out to the banksters, rapists, child molesters, and war mongerers.

@charlie when are we having our online polling on whom we will vote for?

OP
L

LeeLemonoil

Concerning the swing in the Rassmussen poll:

Debate performance (and mainstream verdict) of Trump might have damaged him

His covid episode will surely have repelled both pro voters and undecided. Especially his comments throughout it that were all over the place. Belittling the infections while praising experimental medication was extremely inconsistent. His Superman-Health show is also questionable. Not all of the rep or trump leaning voters are strict anti-corona-measures or not believing the narrative

The Whitmer-thing. Some „moderate“ trump voters might believe those kind of developments are truly encouraged by trumps admin. The media will surely portray it that way.

yerrag

Debate performance (and mainstream verdict) of Trump might have damaged him
Could be.

Though there was no way Trump was gonna come out of it with an edge. Wallace asked Trump the same question about disavowing white supremacy in a debate with Hillary 4 years ago, showing malice. Also giving Biden anothet window to repeat the fine people lie. The question itself put Trump on the defensive, where there was really nothing to defend about.

Wallace mischaracterized Critical Race Theory as racial sensitivity training, framing Trump's ban on it as appearing to low-information voters as being regressive. Trump couldn't respond with a needed long-winded explanation in this soundbite-driven low attention span world. He was robbed of a punch line just by how the question was framed.

Which was why Trump immediately sensed a set-up, and decided not to be so bound by rules in a debate stacked against him. This was heavily criticized, but being a good boy would have been worse for Trump.

Trump also seemed to go into the debate by having no preparation and little coaching. He didn't have Steve Bannon, who could have anticipated the setup and coached Trump ahead of time. That was Bannon's genius. Remember it was Bannon who resurrected Trump's flagging campaign four years ago.

In contrast, Biden was very well prepared and coached, and defied expectations.

His covid episode will surely have repelled both pro voters and undecided. Especially his comments throughout it that were all over the place. Belittling the infections while praising experimental medication was extremely inconsistent. His Superman-Health show is also questionable. Not all of the rep or trump leaning voters are strict anti-corona-measures or not believing the narrative

Trump knew deep inside COVID-19 was a hoax in how the threat was exaggerated and the response overkill. Every bit of sense he said was widely and maliciously misrepresented to make portray him as wildly anti-science and of unsound mind. Remember the bleach thing?

So barely a month before the election, the surprise that conveniently came gift-wrapped for Biden was Trump and crew suddenly being "infected" with the virus with Positive test results. We here know that just having the sniffles would be easily identified as Positive, and would not worry about it. But the press ran with it, using it to portray Trump and his policies as careless. Yet no one was gravely ill, and Trump quickly recovered.

Yet the press piled on. Calling Trump irresponsible for coming out of the hospital and putting other lives at risk. The same presstitutes that found rioting safe and Nancy Pelosi romping about a hair salon with no mask on justifiably safe.

It's not surprising how low-information idiots could be easily swayed, especially with how media has tightened the screws on news and opinions favoring Republican and conservative views.

In a fair media environment, Trump could have used his experience to show that COVID-19 should not control our lives convincingly. He tried, but his voice was shut down by Twitter already, and the voice that won him 2016 is now muted.

His messaging was still on point, but the message was lost on static. It was being drowned out.

Let's hope there are more wise people in this country who know how to sense propaganda from truth, and would turn out strongly to vote, like a swarm of locust, to leave the neocons and neoliberals parched and sapped, and kick them out forever from this land of milk and honey.

yerrag

Trump should pull a rabbit out of his hat, and be one with Tulsi Gabbard, and respond to her call of dropping charges against Snowden and Assange.

That would send a big **** You to the deep state and win him the base Bernie left high and dry.

He has been a coward for bowing to the generals who lost no time stabbing his back once they left his administration.

Regina

Trump should pull a rabbit out of his hat, and be one with Tulsi Gabbard, and respond to her call of dropping charges against Snowden and Assange.

That would send a big **** You to the deep state and win him the base Bernie left high and dry.

He has been a coward for bowing to the generals who lost no time stabbing his back once they left his administration.
:thumbsup:

OP
L

LeeLemonoil

It’s disconcerting how ineffective and outright uninspired Trumps and his camps attempts to counter the mainstream propaganda are. Lots and lots of opportunities to take the agitprop-narratives, ridicule them and turn them around.
Trump himself isn’t clever enough to adapt his strategies and personal gigs. But he also failed to assemble people that can. His trust in mostly his family members backfired, they weren’t fit for purpose.
The trump Admin not getting rid more consequently of deep state loyalists at important positions backfired too. Where they did, they often installed incompetent second-tier functionaries.
A better approach would have been to hire talented outsiders with no connections and lot to prove in how personal camp (costs money, would have been well invested)

And where state position replacements were concerned they should have seeked out talented newcomers or outsiders too, best those who got thwarted in their career by not having sufficient establishment roots and connections.

And there was a failure to establish alternative media even more. Twitter, as yerrag pointed out, was crucial to Trumps succes last time. They found no response to the censoring and bias of social media.

If Trump loses, it will feel like an opportunity wasted really. If he wins, it is questionable how many of the mistakes can yet be corrected in the remaining term. I see no grey eminence or mastermind planning for that or devising strategies how 2024 shall turn out.

yerrag

It’s disconcerting how ineffective and outright uninspired Trumps and his camps attempts to counter the mainstream propaganda are. Lots and lots of opportunities to take the agitprop-narratives, ridicule them and turn them around.
Trump himself isn’t clever enough to adapt his strategies and personal gigs. But he also failed to assemble people that can. His trust in mostly his family members backfired, they weren’t fit for purpose.
The trump Admin not getting rid more consequently of deep state loyalists at important positions backfired too. Where they did, they often installed incompetent second-tier functionaries.
A better approach would have been to hire talented outsiders with no connections and lot to prove in how personal camp (costs money, would have been well invested)
joi
And where state position replacements were concerned they should have seeked out talented newcomers or outsiders too, best those who got thwarted in their career by not having sufficient establishment roots and connections.

And there was a failure to establish alternative media even more. Twitter, as yerrag pointed out, was crucial to Trumps success last time. They found no response to the censoring and bias of social media.

If Trump loses, it will feel like an opportunity wasted really. If he wins, it is questionable how many of the mistakes can yet be corrected in the remaining term. I see no grey eminence or mastermind planning for that or devising strategies how 2024 shall turn out.

I agree that Trump could have done more to counter the already foreseen effect of media's stranglehold on public discourse. Why he has to be so joined to the hips to Twitter, and still keep using Twitter exclusively when he is being censored and falsely fact-checked is beyond me. He could have slowly built his presence on other social media platforms such as Gab, and when he has built a sizeable presence in Gab, he would just drop Twitter. That would be a big finger to Twitter, and he would have half the country flocking to Gab, and Twitter would be shredded. But no, he did nothing of that, and now he is paying the price. And that is just Twitter. What about Youtube? What about Facebook? Trump is that influential, and he failed to leverage that power. Consider that he would get support from Kanye West and other influencers as well.

Why? Because Trump is a coward. He has no balls. Just like how he would have buttressed his case as a champion of the US as the beacon on the top of the hill, he could have pardoned Assange and Snowden. But no, he was afraid. A coward again. He could have gained the support of Tulsi Gabbard, and a lot of disillusioned liberals and progressives that have been betrayed by the Democratic Party.

These steps alone would have ensured victory in 2020.

Because of his failure to act in the obvious manner that would erase any doubts on his bona fide as the people's champion, it leaves many of his supporters disillusioned and it makes him vulnerable to people doubting his sincerity. His cabinet appointments have been deep state people, and while he can be excused for hiring such people in the beginning for lack of exposure to enough people to vet in the beginning of his presidency, towards the midpoint and past it, he would already have a good idea of the people he can rely on to fulfill his MAGA agenda. But no, he hired mass murderer John Bolton as his national security adviser, and that predictably fell apart. This casts doubt on the quality of advice he is getting from his inner circle, if not on his own motives for assuming the presidency. Is he another version of Bernie Sanders. As Bernie Sanders was soon to be revealed as merely being a placeholder, in order to keep a serious challenger to the Democratic nominee for the presidency off Biden's back.

Could Trump be the transition presidency that is meant to setup this country to the total capitulation of its inner workings to the parasitic domination of the country's machinery to the Zionists, to be followed by Zion's next steps towards world domination, with China set as its next target?

I am just speculating, but I come to thinking this way only because Trump's actions have defied logic, and his actions are not the result of his being dumb, despite all we hear from media. But that is all I can say for now.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals