Topical Progesterone to heal scar tissue?

Progesterone

Does topical progesterone heal scar tissue?

I have scar tissue on my scalp from aggressive microneedling.

I am using SOURCE NATURALS Progesterone cream (it's legit as heck, as I get that sleepy/relaxed feeling after application, unlike most other OTC prog creams).

I can also place a few drops of Methylene Blue in the progesterone jar perhaps???????

I also have Healthnatura K2... (MK4) drops

Thanks!

Last edited:
Does topical progesterone heal scar tissue?

I have scar tissue on my scalp from aggressive microneedling.

I am using SOURCE NATURALS Progesterone cream (it's legit as heck, as I get that sleepy/relaxed feeling after application, unlike most other OTC prog creams).

I can also place a few drops of Methylene Blue in the progesterone jar perhaps???????

I also have Healthnatura K2... (MK4) drops

Thanks!
How old is the scar? I know MSM is good for scarring.

Scar is 16 months old

There's no visible scar, to be clear. But I want to break up scar tissue as best as possible.
Oh yeah I see what you mean! What about red light therapy? I don't know too much about it and am experimenting with it myself.

Attachments

• 20210614_103714.jpg
    20210614_103714.jpg
    259.2 KB · Views: 30
OP
P

Progesterone

Oh yeah I see what you mean! What about red light therapy? I don't know too much about it and am experimenting with it myself.

I actually have a laser helmet from OMG.

400 650nm 5mw diodes. I think when I used it though it makes me shed quite a bit so I didn't want to chance it but yeah thats not a bad idea..... thanks for sharing!

Interesting thanks!

So assuming I could open the gelcaps and pour it on the skin and that would be fine?
Progest-E has vitamin E in it and progesterone is suspected to stimulate hair growth and I think I believe it. Maybe use your Progest-E on that spot for a bit and see what happens. I would use it on opposite ends of the day as the red light though.

I was going to say it may be too late but you might be able to improve, but I had totally forgotten about this study haidut had posted awhile back :)
Vitamin D (topical) safe and effective for removing scars – To Extract Knowledge from Matter
Then we are back to MSM. It heals old scars. I used it for many years and it reduced wrinkles and old cyst scars. I have read that it does not work topically because the MSM molecules are too large to penetrate the skin. I don't know if that is true or not, but they still put it creams. I have not used it topically only orally and I swear by it.

OP
P

Progesterone

Then we are back to MSM. It heals old scars. I used it for many years and it reduced wrinkles and old cyst scars. I have read that it does not work topically because the MSM molecules are too large to penetrate the skin. I don't know if that is true or not, but they still put it creams. I have not used it topically only orally and I swear by it.

Thank you!

How much do you use daily?

Thank you!

How much do you use daily?
Your body makes it in abundance in youth and less and less as you get older so you can't overdose on it. It is like vitamin C it will just discard what it can't use. Take it with vitamin C for best results. Just follow the directions of whichever one you buy.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210614-161817_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210614-161817_Samsung Internet.jpg
    254.4 KB · Views: 42

meatbag

I'm not totally convinced there is any benefit to MSM if a person consumes a necessary amount of the sulfur containing amino acids cysteine and methionine;
1623715244122.png

Cysteine
1623715273804.png

Methionine

Both Sulfur containing Amino Acids in the diet should provide all the benefits of the sulfate detoxification pathways without the methyl-donation activity of the MSM (methylsulfonylmethane)
--

Incorporation of methylsulfonylmethane sulfur into guinea pig serum proteins​

Incorporation of methylsulfonylmethane sulfur into guinea pig serum proteins - PubMed

Methionine, an essential amino acid, and cysteine are the major sulfur-containing amino acids in the body and both are thought to be synthesized predominantly in plants and micro-organisms. Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) is a natural constituent of the environment in which it is found in plants, in milk and urine of both bovines and humans, is a normal oxidation product of dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO) also in the natural environment and may be part of the natural global sulfur cycle. To determine whether sulfur from methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) is incorporated into sulfur amino acids, I fed 35S-MSM to guinea pigs. 35S was incorporated into peptidyl methionine and cysteine of guinea pig serum proteins. The specific activity of 35S-methionine was 30% greater than for 35S-cysteine, suggesting a precursor-product relationship. Total specific activity of serum proteins was increased by only 30% with a 100% increase of administered 35S-MSM, suggesting a limiting step in synthesis. Approximately 1% of the radioactivity was recovered in serum proteins, none in the feces and most was excreted in the urine. Microorganisms of intestinal lumen may be responsible for the incorporation of the 35S of MSM into sulfur amino acids. MSM may provide a source of sulfur for essential animal methionine by mechanisms not yet elucidated in either animals or micro-organisms.

Elucidation of dimethylsulfone metabolism in rat using a 35S radioisotope tracer method​

Elucidation of dimethylsulfone metabolism in rat using a 35S radioisotope tracer method
The metabolism of dimethylsulfone was quantified for possible medical applications based on the hypothesis that the agent may be metabolized to yield methionine or its metabolites. The 35S-labeled dimethylsulfone and methionine are orally administrated to rat. Over 80% of the administrated dimethylsulfone is metabolized in the rats tissues, and 59.7–79.1% of it is then excreted into the urine as 35S-containing metabolites; 3.5–10.3% of the same remains incorporated in the tissues. The uptake of radioactivity, though different from the quantity of methionine in percentage at the retained site, is observed in the blood, spleen and hair, and over 80% of the administered [35S] dimethylsulfone is excreted the same day. Meanwhile, the distribution of the 35S concentrations of both agents in the rat system suggests that this compound had been metabolized to yield certain sulfur-containing compounds.

I'm not totally convinced there is any benefit to MSM if a person consumes a necessary amount of the sulfur containing amino acids cysteine and methionine;
View attachment 24251
Cysteine
View attachment 24252
Methionine

Both Sulfur containing Amino Acids in the diet should provide all the benefits of the sulfate detoxification pathways without the methyl-donation activity of the MSM (methylsulfonylmethane)
--

Incorporation of methylsulfonylmethane sulfur into guinea pig serum proteins​

Incorporation of methylsulfonylmethane sulfur into guinea pig serum proteins - PubMed

Methionine, an essential amino acid, and cysteine are the major sulfur-containing amino acids in the body and both are thought to be synthesized predominantly in plants and micro-organisms. Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) is a natural constituent of the environment in which it is found in plants, in milk and urine of both bovines and humans, is a normal oxidation product of dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO) also in the natural environment and may be part of the natural global sulfur cycle. To determine whether sulfur from methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) is incorporated into sulfur amino acids, I fed 35S-MSM to guinea pigs. 35S was incorporated into peptidyl methionine and cysteine of guinea pig serum proteins. The specific activity of 35S-methionine was 30% greater than for 35S-cysteine, suggesting a precursor-product relationship. Total specific activity of serum proteins was increased by only 30% with a 100% increase of administered 35S-MSM, suggesting a limiting step in synthesis. Approximately 1% of the radioactivity was recovered in serum proteins, none in the feces and most was excreted in the urine. Microorganisms of intestinal lumen may be responsible for the incorporation of the 35S of MSM into sulfur amino acids. MSM may provide a source of sulfur for essential animal methionine by mechanisms not yet elucidated in either animals or micro-organisms.

Elucidation of dimethylsulfone metabolism in rat using a 35S radioisotope tracer method​

Elucidation of dimethylsulfone metabolism in rat using a 35S radioisotope tracer method
The metabolism of dimethylsulfone was quantified for possible medical applications based on the hypothesis that the agent may be metabolized to yield methionine or its metabolites. The 35S-labeled dimethylsulfone and methionine are orally administrated to rat. Over 80% of the administrated dimethylsulfone is metabolized in the rats tissues, and 59.7–79.1% of it is then excreted into the urine as 35S-containing metabolites; 3.5–10.3% of the same remains incorporated in the tissues. The uptake of radioactivity, though different from the quantity of methionine in percentage at the retained site, is observed in the blood, spleen and hair, and over 80% of the administered [35S] dimethylsulfone is excreted the same day. Meanwhile, the distribution of the 35S concentrations of both agents in the rat system suggests that this compound had been metabolized to yield certain sulfur-containing compounds.
Meatbag i am not here to convince you I am telling the truth. I am giving you little nuggets of wisdom from my personal experience, not my opinions. Take them or leave them.

mrchibbs

that's very interesting

also curious, isn't microneedling meant to break up fibrosis, not cause it?

A high metabolism is required for perfect wound healing. Microneedling in a suboptimal state probably does more harm than good.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals