Topical Arginine

Lorof

Hi guys,

I want to treat a sunburn with a cream that has B3 and coffein. It is pretty clean but also has l-arginine as an ingredient.

Do you believe this would have harmful effects locally or systemically?

There are some studies on Pubmed where they have tested topical arginine for wound healing. From their point it was successful since nitric oxide concentration in the wound was increased (Comparison of the effect of topical versus systemic L-arginine on wound healing in acute incisional diabetic rat model)

However from the RP perspective this might be harmful…

Do you think I should try it?

Thanks
L

managing

Hi guys,

I want to treat a sunburn with a cream that has B3 and coffein. It is pretty clean but also has l-arginine as an ingredient.

Do you believe this would have harmful effects locally or systemically?

There are some studies on Pubmed where they have tested topical arginine for wound healing. From their point it was successful since nitric oxide concentration in the wound was increased (Comparison of the effect of topical versus systemic L-arginine on wound healing in acute incisional diabetic rat model)

However from the RP perspective this might be harmful…

Do you think I should try it?

Thanks
L
The rise in NO would be very localized. Not likely to harm. Plus, I believe discussions of ingesting arginine have identified it as raising the less harmful kind of NO (iNOS?). I woudn't worry about it.

But if you want a real killer app, get some urea, add a tiny amount of pure water (very little, as it is highly soluble) and spread that on the sunburn.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals