Too Much Weight Gain

RatRancher

50 yo male.I found out about RP from a Google search on how to lower adrenaline, and hence heart rate.
I did low carb for years. Read that intermittent fasting lowers heart rate so did that for a few months.
See my hr would shoot up to about 120-130 after my low carb meal.
I think the fast hr was from endotoxin/serotonin, lack of sugar to feed the cells - hence the adrenaline spike,and GERD. My GERD was/is so bad my left arm and shoulder hurt......yes it did send me to the ER.
It's been four months of Peating.
I well from 195 to 230 pounds. Clothes don't fit. Knees hurt. Now some of that is muscle but my waist went from 34 to 38 inches.
Any advice?
Or am I forced to go back to IF?

OP
R

RatRancher

What did you eat in that 4 months?
Grapes and other fruit,fruit juice(orange initially and now also pineapple),cheese- string for the convenience and cottage cheese. Cottage cheese is low fat and usually mixed with homemade jam.
Beef protein as lean as I could find about 6 ounces a day.
One to two eggs,all organic free range.
Jello with extra gelatin.
Occasionally white rice or homemade mash potatoes.
Coke, ginger ale. An occasional half spoon of coconut oil.

When I am on the road,which is about half the month on average,I try to stick with meat and fruit and cheese.
Supplements- glycine,t3,and a few things found thru this forum for bad guts and being an old man.
---forgot to add, lots of coffee with sugar and 2% milk.

walker_in_aus

Are you having a B vitamin complex? If you have a bad gut you might have no b vitamins, which are crucial in metabolizing the sugar. I don't know the details as much as I should but b2 tells the sugar to be used in your cell, not stored as fat.

walker_in_aus

Hi no worries, it's not a magical thing that suddenly makes you lose weight but I definately feel my food is going to energy and glycogen stores now not fat, despite my delicious unrestricted diet of choccie milk, healthy jelly lollies, coke, fruit etc.

Just don't forget the other B's. Haidut does a B supplement called Energin, has all of them. You can also eat nutritional yeast, tastes like vegemite and cheese (delicious if you are an aussie ;))

Herbie

Ive found going from standard diet to low carb than to to higher carb that initial metabolic rate will be lower than ideal and the liver not function as well as it could.

Liberating oneself from low carb to higher carb at first will eat in excess for current metabolic rate and can result in not being able to process all the carbs while the metabolic rate is catching up and the liver getting better and leads to some initial weight gain and so just scaling back a bit on the carbs and fat while still supporting the metabolic rate and liver and vitamins and minerals will lead to balancing out and that weight gain will come off.

Not to say don't have fat or carbs.

I see as smothering the fire and need to slowly increase the fuel to build the fire back up.

volzrules

Hi no worries, it's not a magical thing that suddenly makes you lose weight but I definately feel my food is going to energy and glycogen stores now not fat, despite my delicious unrestricted diet of choccie milk, healthy jelly lollies, coke, fruit etc.

Just don't forget the other B's. Haidut does a B supplement called Energin, has all of them. You can also eat nutritional yeast, tastes like vegemite and cheese (delicious if you are an aussie ;))

Where can we find Haidut's supplements to purchase?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals