TikToker gains twice as much weight after quitting Ozempic

spanner

Looked up amount of nicotine per cigarette.
Says average is 10-12 mg. So a lot higher than the dose we are talking about here.
Hi. My understanding from when I last read about this is that a cigarette has 5-10 mg but delivers 1-2mg, where the rest is incinerated by the burn.

spanner

@spanner think about what an awesome memory your grandfather left you!
In most cases, hate for second hand smoke is purely self induced, I've personally always liked how cigarttes smell when people smoke them even as a kid and none of my family smokes, later on in life I found it to smell offensive merely because I was brainwashed that it will harm me. I will agree on one thing though, cigarette butts and ashtrays do smell bad, same as brewed and used coffee, they even have a similar smell.
Hi, I do appreciate the memory but I’ve always disliked second hand smoke from cigarettes and cigars, or from anything (including pipes) when in an enclosed space like a car. Pipe tobacco to me is a bit like coffee: I typically like the smell but don’t like the actual taste.

People reeking of cigarette ash is the worst.

Osukhan

Ive seen many people who have had a lot of success with these drugs, but with anything I'm sure there are risks. I have a good friend, who with his brother ( an MD) have started a Telehealth practice helping people with these drugs. If anybody wants more information they may be a good resource. I have no financial affliation, fwiw

OP
Elie

Elie

Forum Supporter
Ive seen many people who have had a lot of success with these drugs, but with anything I'm sure there are risks. I have a good friend, who with his brother ( an MD) have started a Telehealth practice helping people with these drugs. If anybody wants more information they may be a good resource. I have no financial affliation, fwiw

Cool! another perspective.
I'd love to hear from him what percentage of those who stop Ozemic are able to maintain their weight.

Osukhan

Cool! another perspective.
I'd love to hear from him what percentage of those who stop Ozemic are able to maintain their weight.
i will ask them for sure, but one of the main changes for them was the follow up and creating a nutrition protocol to help their patients avoid the rebound

OP
Elie

Elie

Forum Supporter
i will ask them for sure, but one of the main changes for them was the follow up and creating a nutrition protocol to help their patients avoid the rebound
Would love to hear about this.
Let us know...

NOBRU

The article is from 1996. There is more recent information and discussions on the forum about nicotine.
Ok I haven't really seen any studies that prove me the opposite in your links....For the moment I remain on the fact that nictine gum increases insulin resistance and hyperinsulimia....If you have a study that shows me the opposite show me that but not the opinions of each other. Thank you

angiebb

Dr Eades (of Protein Power fame) has a substack that I've been following and he's been talking a little about ozempic/semaglutide in the last few. This is worth a read and then he points to Peter Dobromylskyj's blog Hyperlipid which after a lengthy scientific discussion (of which I understand nothing) states:

"Currently the risk of promoting breast cancer by GLP-1 agonists is taken sufficiently seriously to have promoted a systematic review and meta-analysis to bury said risk:

Do GLP-1 Receptor Agonists Increase the Risk of Breast Cancer? A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis

Sadly metabolic reality couldn't give an F about systematic review and meta-analysis:

Glucagon-like peptide-1 receptor activation by liraglutide promotes breast cancer through NOX4/ROS/VEGF pathway

and eventually these drugs will be withdrawn. So what will happen to folks with years of adipocyte hyperplasia, where individual cell hypertrophy has been suppressed? Their very numerous small adipocytes will, without their uncoupling drug, become enormous. People will become hungry as they develop hypertophy of all of those lovely tiny insulin sensitive adipocytes. Oops. It's gonnabe bad, but that's years down the road."

My Dr has prescribed this to me today but I'm reluctant to take it based on the above.
Some of you brains might enjoy the deeper dive of Peter but Dr Eade's summary was enough to make me take pause.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals