TikToker gains twice as much weight after quitting Ozempic

Elie

Forum Supporter
Have been curious about Ozempic for weight loss and couldn't get much info about possible side effects.
Maybe because it was too new.
Because it suppresses appetite significantly I suspected it also suppressed metabolism significantly.
This reported anecdotal experience supports my suspicion

TikToker Remi Bader Reflects on Her Journey With Weight-Loss Drug Ozempic - E! Online
cleardot.gif

LadyRae

Have been curious about Ozempic for weight loss and couldn't get much info about possible side effects.
Maybe because it was too new.
Because it suppresses appetite significantly I suspected it also suppressed metabolism significantly.
This reported anecdotal experience supports my suspicion

TikToker Remi Bader Reflects on Her Journey With Weight-Loss Drug Ozempic - E! Online
cleardot.gif
Increased stress hormones= fast fat regain. That poor woman! And SO many people do this to themselves with dieting. Starvation mode really is a thing ,. ,😦

OP
Elie

Elie

Forum Supporter
Increased stress hormones= fast fat regain. That poor woman! And SO many people do this to themselves with dieting. Starvation mode really is a thing ,. ,😦
I wonder if she weaned herself off Ozempic gradually and increases her food intake gradually whether she would have kept this weight gain under control...

LadyRae

I wonder if she weaned herself off Ozempic gradually and increases her food intake gradually whether she would have kept this weight gain under control...
Any way to avoid "binging" (her word) would have helped

bornamachine

There's a little ole herb that had been keeping blood sugars in check for a long time now called tobacco

OP
Elie

Elie

Forum Supporter
There's a little ole herb that had been keeping blood sugars in check for a long time now called tobacco
I think she did it for the weight loss value.
Nicotine does that?
I heard that smokers don't tend to get diabetes.

bornamachine

@Elie I've heard many times growing up "oh such and such quit smoking and put on weight" yes, nicotine does that, it controls blood sugar apparently thus keeping a person healthy in regards to weight, they quit, balloon, and die of some weight related problem whereas for them, tobacco was an essential medicine that they needed and should have used it for the rest of their lives

Heres an interesting website I found a long time ago that talks about the benefits of tobacco

OP
Elie

Elie

Forum Supporter
@Elie I've heard many times growing up "oh such and such quit smoking and put on weight" yes, nicotine does that, it controls blood sugar apparently thus keeping a person healthy in regards to weight, they quit, balloon, and die of some weight related problem whereas for them, tobacco was an essential medicine that they needed and should have used it for the rest of their lives

Heres an interesting website I found a long time ago that talks about the benefits of tobacco

Interesting find. I wonder if Nicorette would work the same.
I tried it a couple of times (wanted to experiment), but each time I got a bit nauseous.

LadyRae

Interesting find. I wonder if Nicorette would work the same.
I tried it a couple of times (wanted to experiment), but each time I got a bit nauseous.
You get used to it. I like mini lozenges. Start with 2 mg. If you start to feel lightheaded take it out and wait a while....

OP
Elie

Elie

Forum Supporter
You get used to it. I like mini lozenges. Start with 2 mg. If you start to feel lightheaded take it out and wait a while....
What is a good dose to build up to?
is chewing it after a meal lessens the nausea?

LadyRae

What is a good dose to build up to?
is chewing it after a meal lessens the nausea?
The gum and lozenges are available in 2 mg and 4 mg pieces, as far as I know. The patches and whatnot may deliver more nicotine but I've never looked into those... I haven't noticed a difference ingesting on an empty or fed stomach.

A year ago or so, I chewed a piece of 4 mg gum when I was just used to the 2 mg and I vomited several times over the course of an hour- it was horrible! And embarrassing, I didn't tell anyone in my family what it was and just blamed some stomach bug hahaha 🤣

I've posted my experience with nicotine and some other threads on here, you should check those out. But I really enjoy the lozenges in social settings or first thing in the morning with coffee, when I'm walking the dog, and it will even put me back to sleep in the middle of the night.

I know there are some artificial sweeteners and incipients even in the mini lozenges, but not enough to bother me. Andrew huberman had an interesting podcast on nicotine recently- easy find on YouTube.

The general effect for me is an initial euphoric energy increase, followed by deep relaxation. I don't think it really curbs appetite much, but I did find online that studies show that nicotine will increase your energy expenditure 7 to 15% in a day 👍... Controversial I know, but I don't drink alcohol anymore so I figure I'm justified 😎

David PS

David PS

spanner

I have experimented with nicotine losenges as a non-smoker. I break them up into pieces which have a half milligram of nicotine and use them rarely. Most I’ve used is 1.5 mg in one day (three separate doses of .5mg), but I usually take none per week.

They definitely are a pick up for about two hours. They help especially when severely sleep deprived. Alert yet calm.

I always feel brief nausea right after taking.
I don’t like the losenges because they have a lot of franken ingredients.

I can see why people would smoke all day despite the stench of smoking. I can’t stand second hand smoke, though.

My grandfather smoked a pipe his whole life. One time he let me smoke a pipe, not inhaling, just puffing for several hours. I felt nauseous and wired, but what stuck with me was that I couldn’t taste anything again for more than a week, my tongue felt covered in ash.

OP
Elie

Elie

Forum Supporter
Looked up amount of nicotine per cigarette.
Says average is 10-12 mg. So a lot higher than the dose we are talking about here.

bornamachine

Looked up amount of nicotine per cigarette.
Says average is 10-12 mg. So a lot higher than the dose we are talking about here.
You are also talking about a whole substance, not an isolate. You can compare pure caffeine to coffee since its a large percentage of it's make up, but you are getting many compounds in coffee that you don't get in caffeine. Same with tobacco. I personally am not encouraging anyone to smoke but I do find it interesting that something that was basically a part of our daily lives for hindreds or years has been so demonized and nearly exterminated from our lives all together and not accidentally either. I've read accounts of why smoking really picked up during the black plague was because it protected people, and children were later even punished for not smoking! The truth is always thinly veiled in plain sight.

bornamachine

@spanner think about what an awesome memory your grandfather left you!
In most cases, hate for second hand smoke is purely self induced, I've personally always liked how cigarttes smell when people smoke them even as a kid and none of my family smokes, later on in life I found it to smell offensive merely because I was brainwashed that it will harm me. I will agree on one thing though, cigarette butts and ashtrays do smell bad, same as brewed and used coffee, they even have a similar smell.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals