Thoughts On Exposing Scalp To CO2?

Brandon

I was listening to Ray answer questions during a talk entitled "The Biology of Carbon Dioxide." (8/9/10). You can find it on youtube.

He mentioned a time where he injured his hand such that it became swollen and red (paraphrasing). He then put his hand in a "bag of pure CO2" and within 15 minutes or so, his hand was restored (minus some small skin scraps).

It got me thinking that there is something therapeutic about CO2. Perhaps in restoring thinning/loss hair on the scalp? If so, any good/practical ideas on exposing the scalp to CO2?

How do you make a "bag of pure CO2?"

Thoushant

Maybe he had dry ice? The solid form of CO2. But it is oh so cold.

But got me thinking, Sodiumbicarbonate turns to CO2 in acid enviornment.

So if it is skin absorbable and the area is acidic?
I've rinsed my hair with Apple cider vinegar and baking soda before, and it fizzled. Might have been the CO2 that is giving the beneficial effects. .

squanch

Iirc at some point visionofstrength used a co2 tank connected to some sort of mask to inhale high co2 air.
No idea how to do that without accidentally killing yourself though...

Last edited:

XPlus

Yes, careful with the Co2 tank.
I almost fainted first time I tried it.
Now I set the regulator on the lowest possible setting and breath the gas for 10-20mins, from the hose. No mask.
I wanted to get a venturi mask but the Germans won't ship to me.
So I might have to look somewhere else.

tara

IIRC, Peat injured his hand or arm while carrying a CO2 tank - he helpd on to it as he fell because he did not want the top to be knocked off and have it turned into a missile. So he had CO2 handy. Filled a plastic bag with CO2, put his hand in it, sealed for 15 or 20 mins.

CO2 is absorbed via skin more easily if the skin is damp than dry.
It should increase circulation and oxygen supply to the area. You can tell you are getting some CO2 in if the skin in the area becomes warm and red.

I have used this technique on a few minor hand and foot injuries for me and family.

I have not figured out a practical way to apply this for other isolated areas, such as head or shoulders (can do whole body up to neck if you are careful and have a large enough plastic bag). I've heard speculation that one could seal a plastic bag or similar over a confined area and fill it with CO2, but it seems tricky and I have not tried it.

It is important not to get overwhelmed by breathing too high a concentration of CO2 (risks of passing out and asphyxiation if the CO2 level continues too high for too long).

I think it would be an interesting experiment to try it on the scalp, if one can find a way to do it safely and effectively.

Your skin can absorb co2? Lol

I am wiling to figure this out if it is truly viable. You can createa brace of some sort to fit around your skull, then have just plastic lining around it. Or you can have some kind of bungie cord to fit around your head then just have plastic bags tucked underneath, then get co2 hose to pump in there constantlt... how much is a co2 tank? Lol

tara

Your skin can absorb co2? Lol
Yes, esp if skin is damp.
You need to be careful not to breath excessive amounts of CO2.
I doubt a bungy cord could be kept tight enough to hold in CO2 without restricting important blood flow around the head.

I like the idea of trying CO2 on skull if there were a practical way to do it, though.

OP
Brandon

Brandon

Perhaps a liquid solution that, when coming in contact with the scalp (or any part of the skin), reacts to form co2 .... somehow ?

Parsifal

Water and baking soda? Though I don't know how the baking soda is transformed in CO2.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Water and baking soda? Though I don't know how the baking soda is transformed in CO2.
I believe member @Philomath made a facial mask with baking soda and water and covered the area with plastic wrap to seal in the CO2 (leaving vent holes to breathe). I haven't tried it but a shower cap or swim cap might work if you were treating the scalp?

tara

Ginger ale bug and syrup in a shower cap? :lol:

OP
Brandon

Brandon

I believe member @Philomath made a facial mask with baking soda and water and covered the area with plastic wrap to seal in the CO2 (leaving vent holes to breathe). I haven't tried it but a shower cap or swim cap might work if you were treating the scalp?
Nice

Philomath

Good memory @Blossom . It was only a test but I mixed some baking soda and cream of Tartar together then wrapped a bit in the thinnest tissue I could find. I got it wet, put it on my skin and covered it with a slightly larger piece of "press-n-seal". I only tried it once so I have no proof of effectiveness.
The idea came from these Japanese beauty masks:
They use a gel made of LACTOSE lactobionate large bag ( yellow gel-like ) and a packet of Sodium Bicarbonate sodium bicarbonate.
image.jpeg

Maybe it's time to try again... possibly The same ingredients mixed in a gel??

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals