Thoughts on Andrews Original Salts?

Hi, trying to find out why Andrews Original Salts seem to help my boyfriend who's been suffering with IBS for most if his life, taking the entire morning to go to the bathroom. I wanna know your thoughts what you think could be the part that seems to help as I want to find alternatives that don't contain some of the nasties in this one (but as it seems to be such a relief to him I'd rather he take it for the time being and gain back some of his life). I'm aware other factors are at play but just from looking at the ingredients, what is your initial thought, why does this work so well for IBS:

Effervescent Powder containing the active ingredients Sodium Hydrogen Carbonate 22.6% w/w, Citric Acid 19.5% w/w and Magnesium Sulphate 17.4% w/w, Also contains 2.1g or Sucrose per 5 ml spoonful

I know it's deemed a laxative and magnesium in general is a laxative. But he never had such good results with any other form of magnesium that I can tell. This just does the trick. Is it the combo with sodium hydrogen carb? I'm intrigued lol

B

Blaze

Hi, trying to find out why Andrews Original Salts seem to help my boyfriend who's been suffering with IBS for most if his life, taking the entire morning to go to the bathroom. I wanna know your thoughts what you think could be the part that seems to help as I want to find alternatives that don't contain some of the nasties in this one (but as it seems to be such a relief to him I'd rather he take it for the time being and gain back some of his life). I'm aware other factors are at play but just from looking at the ingredients, what is your initial thought, why does this work so well for IBS:

Effervescent Powder containing the active ingredients Sodium Hydrogen Carbonate 22.6% w/w, Citric Acid 19.5% w/w and Magnesium Sulphate 17.4% w/w, Also contains 2.1g or Sucrose per 5 ml spoonful

I know it's deemed a laxative and magnesium in general is a laxative. But he never had such good results with any other form of magnesium that I can tell. This just does the trick. Is it the combo with sodium hydrogen carb? I'm intrigued lol
I have heard of similar results with magnesium sulfate, but not with other forms of magnesium such as citrate or glycinate. Something to do with the sulfur in the sulfated form I would guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals