I'm 6 Weeks Pregnant. Started Having Dissociative Seizures. Possible Dercums Disease

ladyhawke

Been having dissociative seizures every day except yesterday and today. It may be due to the addition of gelatinous sur stew to my diet.

I would be grateful if anyone has any more advice.

First pregnancy! I'm 29. Getting good craving signals. Feel like drinking alot of milk. 6 pints today. Also orange juice. Wasn't drinking orange juice until pregnancy because made me feel strange but now feel like drinking it and no strangeness follows. My cravings built intake up slowly ☺️.

I'm eating
Beef stew
White fish
A few eggs every few days
Lots of potatoes
A little white bread
Lots of milk
Taking coffee- . Is this alright??? With sugar and milk
Sugar
Will be drinking spinach water for magnesium- have a craving for this.
Should I take eggshell? I need to find out how to make that
Is aspirin good to take every day??
Bananas
Andrews liver salts (sodium hydrogen carbonate, citric acid, magnesium sulphate)
Shall I eat a little liver?
What about vegetables??
High butter craving as well as coconut oil.

Little worried about the short days. I have a log burner and sit Infront of the fire for Infrared. Heat lamp arriving tomorrow. I get out for a walk every day (seizure condition has me walk slowly- quite strange). Seems to be conserving my energy!!!

I want to email Ray but I don't know his email address

Thank you for reading this

How about progesterone. Estrogen spikes HUGE at early pregnancy stage, and progesterone helps counter it. Progesterone stops seizures in pregnant women.

somuch4food

How about progesterone. Estrogen spikes HUGE at early pregnancy stage, and progesterone helps counter it. Progesterone stops seizures in pregnant women.

I would be careful with hormones during pregnancy. We don't know how it affects foetus development.

Have you considered vitamin A toxicity? Googling dissociative seizures mentions intrusive thoughts and psychological origin. I have noticed my mind go crazy with thoughts when I abuse vitamin A and carotenoids. A strict Peat diet is high in those.

Herbie

I would be careful with hormones during pregnancy. We don't know how it affects foetus development.

Have you read the book: progesterone in orthomolecular medicine by Ray Peat or
Katharina Dalton?

Last edited:

Wilfrid

Pregnancy is very taxing on thyroid hormones, especially during the first trimester.
Have you got a blood test recently regarding your TSH value?
Sometimes even low dose such as 12,5 mcg of T4 could help during those first months.

I am by no means qualified to comment on seizures but I do know that salt is extremely important during pregnancy and I would also encourage you to be very careful never to get low blood sugar.

I also think you can't go wrong using the Dr. Brewer medical diet for pregnancy. You may need to Peatify it a bit but I think it would be a great starting point if you are having any problems during pregnancy.
The Diet

OP
L

ladyhawke

Thank you very much for your replies!

I actually havn't had a seizure in a few days. Maybe it's because I've upped my sugar /OJ intake. I read a lady on a pregnancy forum found sweets helpful in avoiding seizures during her pregnancy.

I'm comforted by the fact that my cravings/ instincts are quite strong and seem to keep me feeling OK!

I emailed Ray Peat and he seemed to think vitamin D deficiency could be the culprit. He also recommended I give the bananas up ; he suggested the serotonin in them would cause seizures. I have been using some Estroban in the past few days.

I had alot of nausea (which I think develops when I haven't eaten enough) and was sick yesterday. I was eating /drinking a stew made with tap water. I feel nauseous when I think about tap water (when in hospital a few weeks ago I threw up immediately after drinking the water (high fluoride to kill bugs?) - twice!! I don't think my water at home is fluoridated but it's probably not wholly good. I'm sure all the milk and OJ are enough to keep me from dehydration.

I do suspect my hormones are better since the pregnancy because now I can tolerate orange juice and the high fluids whereas before I was struggling. My feet had been stolen for months but now they are fine!! Are levels of progesterone increasing enough for such a change at this point?

I havn't had liver in years so I would imagine my vitamin A isn't that high. I am going to try a little tomorrow though. Can I ask if anyone knows if I should be cautious with liver?

Thanks again for your help!

Constatine

I would avoid taking any supplements what so ever during pregnancy, inlucing aspirin or even a multivitamin. Also avoid a heat lamp, people often greatly overdose with lllt and it can do much more harm than good. Get some sun exposure instead if possible. Overdosing for tissues is just above 10 J/cm^2 and optimal dose is around 1 J/cm^2, that's a very small amount.

OP
L

ladyhawke

Thanks for your advice!!

What do you think about drinking coffee ? I mentioned coffee in my daily consunption to Ray and he didn't say anything against it.

He said people in England could benefit from taking 5000IU vitamin a day in winter but he didn't directly recommend I take it. Can I get that from diet ? I am trying to get outside in the short, short day - I don't work at the moment (can't ) so I usually can. I also sit by a log burner fire (feels very helpful) and have large windows to sit at (I believe that should be somewhat helpful for the body; although I don't think UV can pass through glass and trigger vitamin D synthesis)

I did i overdo it the other night ! I pinpointed the cause of a horrendous dip in mood when I accidentaly unplugged the lamp and the relief was instant!! Silly me! I'm glad you told me.Ishould have read more about it before hand!!

jitsmonkey

Thanks for your advice!!

What do you think about drinking coffee ? I mentioned coffee in my daily consunption to Ray and he didn't say anything against it.

He said people in England could benefit from taking 5000IU vitamin a day in winter but he didn't directly recommend I take it. Can I get that from diet ? I am trying to get outside in the short, short day - I don't work at the moment (can't ) so I usually can. I also sit by a log burner fire (feels very helpful) and have large windows to sit at (I believe that should be somewhat helpful for the body; although I don't think UV can pass through glass and trigger vitamin D synthesis)

I did i overdo it the other night ! I pinpointed the cause of a horrendous dip in mood when I accidentaly unplugged the lamp and the relief was instant!! Silly me! I'm glad you told me.Ishould have read more about it before hand!!

Be aware that there's a direct relationship between distance and dose.
I'm assuming you're just using a simple heat lamp and not an actual lllt type red light device.
I require an ENORMOUS amount of bright light exposure during the winter months
but that's not the same as being close to the lamps where you're feeling the heat from them.
Don't think in terms of "overdose", think in terms of how you FEEL. Think in terms of pulse, temp, mood.
It is true you do not need large amounts of up close exposure. But some people, myself included
require a significant amount of bright light and warmth to feel good.
Frankly unless I'm working with a tissue injury where I want up close short term exposure I don't think about
how many joules of exposure I'm getting. If the light/warmth is helping you'll know it and you won't have any doubt
If you're sitting close to the lights or even somewhat distant and its not feeling good then absolutely stop.
I have had 3 250watt bulbs on at my desk for over the last hour but they're not pointed AT me
they just add more light and minimal heat. If I was cold or if it was early in the morning I'd have them closer and more direct for
a few minutes at most. Think of the lamp(s) the same way you do sitting in front of a fire, you wouldn't sit in front of a fire
suffering about how hot it is. You'd sit there comfortably and when it wasn't comfortable you'd move away or put the fire out.

Beastmode

Thanks for your advice!!

In my experience emailing Ray, whenever he opposes something he typically says so. If he speaks indirectly about doing something (i.e- "some have benefited from taking or doing xyz," it probably means he's suggesting it.

My 2 cents

Constatine

Thanks for your advice!!

A lot of people drink coffee during pregnancy so in moderation it seems safe. Higher caffeine intake is definitely a negative when it comes to pregnancy: https://www.ajog.org/article/S0002-9378(07)02025-X/fulltext. So either stay away from coffee or keep it moderate.

Its worth noting that date fruits are a good food for pregnancy with some positive studies done on them and also plenty of historical use for positive birth outcomes.

I havn't had liver in years so I would imagine my vitamin A isn't that high. I am going to try a little tomorrow though. Can I ask if anyone knows if I should be cautious with liver?
I would suggest about 4 oz once a week as perfectly safe while providing needed vitamins. I don't think small amounts is any concern but I wouldn't over do and I would pay attention and if you start to feel an aversion to it you can take a break.

jitsmonkey

For all the fear mongering you get as a pregnant woman gestating a baby
I'd encourage you to add to that some thoughts of aggression in regard to the fact taht you're gestating a
baby. The damage the fear mongers tell you about you potentially causing your baby
often causes more harm to your baby by NOT doing the things it needs.
ie. Fat soluble vitamins. There is no good reason for you to fear eating a modest amount of liver
or even utilizing fat soluble supplements if need be.
I'm not being critical of you, in fact I feel for you and ALL women trying to gestate a baby
the misinformation, misdirection and fear driven doctrine is unbelievably overwhelming.
Use your light sources, eat the real foods such as liver that help and support gestation of a baby far better
than any of the fear mongering you'll hear.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals