The more time you spend in the sun, the longer you live.

JamesGatz

I SUN-BATHED the whole summer - stayed out in the sun for 4+ hours every day - NEVER got sunburned and my Skin is FLAWLESS - I think if you maintain 24/7 good metabolism you wont get skin damage as the full recovery occurs after - I actually CRAVED sun-bathing

SonOfEurope

With low PUFA levels and good circadian rythm you should spend at least 20 minutes in the high Sun.

High sun means the sun is at least 47.5 degrees in the sky, this is the lowest for vitamin d production.

I live in Toronto, latitude 43 north... here the midday sun is only that high between the last days of March to the end of September.

Same latitude as northern Spain, southern France and northern Italy.

Most of Europe only has such a high sun between some point in April and August... in Scandinavia only in June and July....

Makes me wonder how Scots, northern Germans, Dutch and Swedes etc basically all Europe past latitude 50N even obtained their vitamin D.

Keep in mind the liver can only store around 3 months' worth... but at the same time as someone said earlier the "pink" skin is enough to tell.

At higher latitudes, as Peat said the short days and low solar angle is very detrimental to health, but the very long days of summer are beneficial... makes me think "is the the trade-off worth it? IDK.

But remember, don't take it too far either, 25 minutes is enough if the sun is high enough... in a place like Denver in June 15 minutes would be enough, your skin has a type of. "Pink glow" when it's saturated, it then takes at least 24 hours to be absorbed so no bathing/soap in that time.

Last edited:
OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

SonOfEurope

What do you mean by that?

If it's June 15th

You live in Columbus, Ohio.

The Sun will reach an angle of around 73° in the sky.

That's a pretty tropical angle.

After 20 to 25 minutes of sun exposure, your skin (an organ) will be saturated at surface.

It takes 18-24 hours for it to be fully absorbed minimum... any bathing, harsh cleaning or chemical on top will ruin a (large) part of it. Soap will almost completely erase it.

Even in summer I only bathe every 2 days and that's to keep skin absorption high, with good thyroid and circadian rhythm sweating shouldn't be much an issue unless it's over 32 degrees C where you live... even then, sweat is to an agreeable extent natural and a transmitter of pheromones.

aniciete

With low PUFA levels and good circadian rythm you should spend at least 20 minutes in the high Sun.

High sun means the sun is at least 47.5 degrees in the sky, this is the lowest for vitamin d production.

I live in Toronto, latitude 43 north... here the midday sun is only that high between the last days of March to the end of September.

Same latitude as northern Spain, southern France and northern Italy.

Most of Europe only has such a high sun between some point in April and August... in Scandinavia only in June and July....

Makes me wonder how Scots, northern Germans, Dutch and Swedes etc basically all Europe past latitude 50N even obtained their vitamin D.

Keep in mind the liver can only store around 3 months' worth... but at the same time as someone said earlier the "pink" skin is enough to tell.

At higher latitudes, as Peat said the short days and low solar angle is very detrimental to health, but the very long days of summer are beneficial... makes me think "is the the trade-off worth it? IDK.

But remember, don't take it too far either, 25 minutes is enough if the sun is high enough... in a place like Denver in June 15 minutes would be enough, your skin has a type of. "Pink glow" when it's saturated, it then takes at least 24 hours to be absorbed so no bathing/soap in that time.
What do you think of UV lamps?

Inaut

Apparently redheads can synthesize vitamin d on their own. Not sure if this is 100% true but if so, it would explain how. Many of these cultures carry the genes for red hair.

SonOfEurope

What do you think of UV lamps?

I think they can certainly help in latitudes over 35 North and South for a few to six months depending on distance from the equator.

Short exposure would be best and especially in a room already bright in incandescents.

Funny thing is, regardless of your latitude there is always enough red light to compensate (when you do the annual infrared vs UV homework for the annual total) so a short exposure (15 mins) every other day should almost imitate a radial tropical environment, as long as you spend plenty of time outdoors with at least your face and hands exposed to the red sun of winter.

Problem is, humans are such a tropical species we have no fur, and probably would feel cold and raise serotonin faster than any other species at a temperature of 45F.

Liver is a good food in the winter months. Coffee, copper rich meats and stimulating activities keep serotonin lower, I can't emphasize the importance of "waking up with the sunrise" enough.

SonOfEurope

Which is why Eskimos and northern native Americans benefited so much from - you guessed .... thyroid!!

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

If it's June 15th

After 20 to 25 minutes of sun exposure, your skin (an organ) will be saturated at surface.

It takes 18-24 hours for it to be fully absorbed minimum... any bathing, harsh cleaning or chemical on top will ruin a (large) part of it. Soap will almost completely erase it.

Even in summer I only bathe every 2 days and that's to keep skin absorption high, with good thyroid and circadian rhythm sweating shouldn't be much an issue unless it's over 32 degrees C where you live... even then, sweat is to an agreeable extent natural and a transmitter of pheromones.
What do you mean by "it" ?

miquelangeles

Attachments

• d_precursors_removed_by_washing.jpg
    d_precursors_removed_by_washing.jpg
    256.7 KB · Views: 13

LadyRae

If it's June 15th

I've heard whispers of this theory over the years from various tanning salons I'd frequent in the darkest months... "Don't shower off your tan...wait 6 hours to bathe after tanning".. I'm not sure either, but still I waited 6 hours. 🔥🏝️😃

Actually I've found that I shy away from over-bathing in the darker months... (Washington State here). I don't get body odor, and so I soap up just twice a week now. Subsequently I've noticed that I don't need lotion any more either

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
. any bathing, harsh cleaning or chemical on top will ruin a (large) part of it. Soap will almost completely erase it.
Jack Kruse said this is simply not true.

Advocate2021

I wonder also if the people who spend more time in the sun generally lead more active lifestyles which would also contribute to health and longevity and may lead a more wholesome dietary life as well. the sun is very important for health I completely agree and i crave it and make an effort to get out in it every day and even to expose some body skin unprotected.

However, and i make no secret of it elsewhere on this forum, i am a wholehearted believer in non- toxic sunprotection; i.e zinc oxide and hats and body cover in the late spring and summer when necessary. ive been low and no pufa for 25 years and on all the health implementations we speak of here. I keep my vitamin D levels optimal but have done so with supplementation. i am eastern European Ashkenazi Jewish background with very fair skin and freckles. I get spots just from heat much less sun and have plenty already. My father has had about a dozen things cut out of his face over the years and he never protected his skin which is similar to mine. he does not each much pufa at all. And yes i come from an acting and modeling background and was raised by an ocd mother obsessed with looks; so i'm sure that has all had an effect on me. But i feel quite healthy and i enjoy the sun; but i do it smartly and have preserved my skin and look much younger than my age of 52 because of it. That has value to me and if i can be in amazing health and preserve optimal youth and beauty together, to me that is the whole package. It sells books, spreads the word and hopefully will win over the planet to sanity. In this world turned in side out and upside down, I will use every asset I can to make my case to the world so thats my philosophy and why i am quite public here and unafraid of posting myself quite boldly. I know the way the world is and you have to look the part if you want people to pay attention; thus my philosophy of aspiring to optimal health as well as optimal beauty. id say a little zinc oxide and a hat if necessary are nothing compared to botox and face lifts and fillers which i have never had and never will. But im a poster child for zinc oxide protection, and not to be arrogant, i think it shows and to me its worth it.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Apparently redheads can synthesize vitamin d on their own. Not sure if this is 100% true but if so, it would explain how. Many of these cultures carry the genes for red hair.
That’s intriguing. My mom was a redhead.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I wonder also if the people who spend more time in the sun generally lead more active lifestyles which would also contribute to health and longevity and may lead a more wholesome dietary life as well. the sun is very important for health I completely agree and i crave it and make an effort to get out in it every day and even to expose some body skin unprotected.

However, and i make no secret of it elsewhere on this forum, i am a wholehearted believer in non- toxic sunprotection; i.e zinc oxide and hats and body cover in the late spring and summer when necessary. ive been low and no pufa for 25 years and on all the health implementations we speak of here. I keep my vitamin D levels optimal but have done so with supplementation. i am eastern European Ashkenazi Jewish background with very fair skin and freckles. I get spots just from heat much less sun and have plenty already. My father has had about a dozen things cut out of his face over the years and he never protected his skin which is similar to mine. he does not each much pufa at all. And yes i come from an acting and modeling background and was raised by an ocd mother obsessed with looks; so i'm sure that has all had an effect on me. But i feel quite healthy and i enjoy the sun; but i do it smartly and have preserved my skin and look much younger than my age of 52 because of it. That has value to me and if i can be in amazing health and preserve optimal youth and beauty together, to me that is the whole package. It sells books, spreads the word and hopefully will win over the planet to sanity. In this world turned in side out and upside down, I will use every asset I can to make my case to the world so thats my philosophy and why i am quite public here and unafraid of posting myself quite boldly. I know the way the world is and you have to look the part if you want people to pay attention; thus my philosophy of aspiring to optimal health as well as optimal beauty. id say a little zinc oxide and a hat if necessary are nothing compared to botox and face lifts and fillers which i have never had and never will. But im a poster child for zinc oxide protection, and not to be arrogant, i think it shows and to me its worth it.
It does definitely seem to have worked for you! I’m northwestern European ancestry and have been a big sun bather my whole life. I’m 53 and think you look quite a bit younger than me. I still feel so good from the sun though that I’m not willing to stop in order to look younger.

Advocate2021

It does definitely seem to have worked for you! I’m northwestern European ancestry and have been a big sun bather my whole life. I’m 53 and think you look quite a bit younger than me. I still feel so good from the sun though that I’m not willing to stop in order to look younger.
Thanks and I think its possible to do both-the face and neck provide very little surface area and much of the benefit of the sun in that area is through the eyes to the pineal gland. a person could probably get their entire vitamin D allotment in seasons when that is possible by full body exposure while protecting just the face and neck for instance. my whole point is i dont think its an "either/or". And i dont believe in black and white thinking. there are always many "in betweens"; but ultimately we all do what works for us and there is no right or wrong. From my experience, women are most empowered when they feel good in their bodies and their skin, however that manifests for them. Health and happiness are everything in this world and whatever gets a person/woman to those is right for that person or woman and there is not judgment.

SonOfEurope

Jack Kruse said this is simply not true.

Don't know much about the man, is he the one also advocating significant amounts of fish oil and nearly 0 carbs?

Well it's true, absorption begins as soon as the hormone is generated at the skin's outer layer but is is gradual... I know summers in the two southern thirds of the continental US are pretty hot and may not allow bathing every 48 hours but I would still, in those circumstances try to take advantage of the morning hours (11am to solar noon) and give it at least 3 hours to maximize absorption.

As I said, with good thyroid and circadian rhythm you aclimatize to the warm and humid conditions more easily than a hypothrioid person running on stress in excess, I am always amazed at how, when, in June the first "heatwave" hits southern Ontario (and it's only two or three days at 32c or 90F daytime with nights at 23c or 73F... people are already getting heat strokes... it just shows the level of hypothyroidism and PUFA tissue overload accompanying elevated serotonin in the modern populations of the "developed world".

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals