The more time you spend in the sun, the longer you live.

Mauritio

Yes, that's what this review finds.
All the sun-avoiders and sunscreen-lovers should read this.

I remember peat said in an interview a few years ago that people with melanoma have longer life expectancy than people without it.
It sounds crazy, but when you think about it, it does make sense.
Most melanoma patients spend very long time in the sun and spending time in the sun increases life expectancy, as per this review. And if you were to develope melanoma from sun exposure, you'd have a better prognosis than people developing melanoma who spend fewer time in the sun.

The abstract really goes down like warm milk:

"We aimed to conduct a narrative review of the rapid advances in knowledge regarding sun exposure and all-cause mortality. Data support the hypothesis that sun exposure avoidance is a major risk factor for all-cause mortality in adjusted analysis (age, income, education, marital status, smoking, and comorbidity). This was caused by an increased risk of death due to cardiovascular disease (CVD) and noncancer/non-CVD. However, the increased life span among those with high sun exposure naturally results in an increased prevalence of cancer death. In addition, sun exposure increases the incidence, but is related to better prognosis of skin cancer. The new findings indicate that there is a need for modification of guidelines regarding sun exposure. They may also add to our knowledge regarding the increasing incidence of diabetes mellitus and increased mortality among non-Caucasians in western countries. According to the present knowledge, in a low solar intensity region we should aim for sound and safe sun exposure habits, especially for those at increased risk of CVD or noncancer/non-CVD."

Screenshot_20220825-231842_Chrome.jpg

This is a super interesting!…..

“I remember peat said in an interview a few years ago that people with melanoma have longer life expectancy than people without it.
It sounds crazy, but when you think about it, it does make sense.
Most melanoma patients spend very long time in the sun and spending time in the sun increases life expectancy, as per this review. And if you were to develope melanoma from sun exposure, you'd have a better prognosis than people developing melanoma who spend fewer time in the sun.”

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Vanset

Early morning sun feels nice, but 25+ degrees celsius, summer 2pm sun feels absolutly horrible. Sleepiness, tiredness, reduced mental clarity - torpor. I find that most people hide away from that kind of sun.

I'm.No.One

Early morning sun feels nice, but 25+ degrees celsius, summer 2pm sun feels absolutly horrible. Sleepiness, tiredness, reduced mental clarity - torpor. I find that most people hide away from that kind of sun.
I've been working with the sun for the last 3 months for some of my health issues & I can say after getting morning UV within the first 3 hours of sunrise in my whole body the 2-3pm sun doesn't feel like that any more.

Morning sun tells your body (spleen) to get ready to handle peak UV.

On a side note, I am a pasty Irish woman who used to burn like crazy even without PUFA in my diet.

Morning sun exposure now means I can be in the high UV sun with no burning for well over an hour. It's crazy.

Vanset

I've been working with the sun for the last 3 months for some of my health issues & I can say after getting morning UV within the first 3 hours of sunrise in my whole body the 2-3pm sun doesn't feel like that any more.

Morning sun tells your body (spleen) to get ready to handle peak UV.

On a side note, I am a pasty Irish woman who used to burn like crazy even without PUFA in my diet.

Morning sun exposure now means I can be in the high UV sun with no burning for well over an hour. It's crazy.
Well I'm definitely not the most 'sun adapted' person so that would make sense. Unfortunately high temperatures seem to exacerbate my symptoms like insomnia and myoclonus so I tend to avoid it.

I'm.No.One

What else does it provide?
The sun is what genuinely powers our ATP.

Human Photosynthesis : the real source of ATP - Optimumosteo

This is a nice listen too & all of the light waves he talks about can be found in the sun, just depends on when you expose yourself to it:

I'm.No.One

Well I'm definitely not the most 'sun adapted' person so that would make sense. Unfortunately high temperatures seem to exacerbate my symptoms like insomnia and myoclonus so I tend to avoid it.
Try getting natural light in your eyes within that 3 hours of sunrise & getting evening sunset light in your eyes. (Won't work through a window)

Be persistent enough & it can reset your circadian rhythm amongst a ton of other amazing things.

I just shared a few good links responding to Charlie that you might be interested in. The podcast episode I shared is a nice long deep dive too.

Perry Staltic

I can't stand being in the sun when it's hot, mainly because of the humidity. Drier heat is easier to deal with.

RealNeat

You must not be a mitochondriac :grin: (lame Jack Kruse joke)

I think one of the great benefits of sunlight is a dopamine response from the bright light and obviously heat, which likely ensures better circulation in those who would otherwise remain hypometabolic and cold. The infrared also stimulates capillary movement of fluid like lymph and maintains structure of ez water as per Gerald Pollack. Certain blue frequencies of daylight also halt myopia and there have even been some interesting studies done on coq10 recycling via UV light and chlorophyll Dietary chlorophyll metabolites catalyze the photoreduction of plasma ubiquinone - PubMed but Peaters dont eat any greens and idk how Peat would feel about the reduced as opposed to the oxidized in terms of endogenous acitivity.

Last edited:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Jack Kruse right again. ☀️

Can

Others already pretty much answered things the sun provides beside vitamin D, and I guess it probably provides much more. I'll just say that, if I have learned anything in my life up to this point, it's that the world isn't as simple as we humans quickly tend to assume. The more closely we analyze it, the more complexity it reveals to us. For this reason, even if I didn't know about the sun regulating our circadian rhythm or possibly influencing atp production or what not, I would never start from the assumption that something as important to our life as the sun, only influences us through one single mechanism.

Last edited:

Iceman2016

I would be outside and in the sun all the time however, sun exposure seem to be the biggest factor affecting skin aging. Peat has also acknowledged this. Reducing pufa as much as possible along with topical aspirin and niacinamide before extended sun exposure might help but it looks like there is still going to be a tradeoff between general health and cosmetic aging effects.

I'm.No.One

I would be outside and in the sun all the time however, sun exposure seem to be the biggest factor affecting skin aging. Peat has also acknowledged this. Reducing pufa as much as possible along with topical aspirin and niacinamide before extended sun exposure might help but it looks like there is still going to be a tradeoff between general health and cosmetic aging effects.
I don't think you can avoid skin aging and there is so much fear-mongering around the Sun/ UVs I'd actually be skeptical about this claim to an extent.

Especially when you consider how insanely supportive sun exposure is to health, I'd guess the artificial blue light that we're aiming at our faces & what we're eating (or not eating) likely has more ramifications on our skins appearance than daily sun exposure.

I mean, of course we can over do it & end up a wrinkled leather looking mess but I don't think that's the norm. People realllllly work to get to that level.

I don't think you can avoid skin aging and there is so much fear-mongering around the Sun/ UVs I'd actually be skeptical about this claim to an extent.

Especially when you consider how insanely supportive sun exposure is to health, I'd guess the artificial blue light that we're aiming at our faces & what we're eating (or not eating) likely has more ramifications on our skins appearance than daily sun exposure.

I mean, of course we can over do it & end up a wrinkled leather looking mess but I don't think that's the norm. People realllllly work to get to that level.
I agree! I have never avoided the sun and I’m not wrinkled.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals