The Cure To Old Age - Dr. Peat September 1995

Sativa

Eating Peaty won't make you live forever either, but might make you live long enough to hit escape velocity
This already happened... See Dan Winter's work.
Once you re-structure/re-interpret/re-define what the nature of experience means, Dan Winter's work makes more sense. You would also need to do away with 'polarised thinking', which is the most popular self-limiting factor that humans indulge in.
Oh, and also, the notion that what you know is absolute; all beliefs are ultimately chosen. Self-importance (and self-pity) is a brilliant barrier to emancipation & escape velocity.
All beliefs are equally valid. (since each belief generates its own self-validating reality).

Last edited:

dreamcatcher

This is a wasteful road to go down. If it’s not the diet that ages you, it’s the environment. 99% of people in the world are in stressful environments, lack of quality food, stressful jobs, stressful relationships, its damn near impossible to be stress free, which would prevent the degeneration of the body’s cells. Also, people with horrible diets and horrible living environments, still sometimes make it to 80-90. And the healthiest people may make it to 90-100. Almost all centenarians didn’t try to live to 100, they just did it. To pursue such a goal, the stress of trying will ultimately kill you before you get there. The diets of people to live to 100, are almost always “whatever I want to eat”, they just got lucky that the quality of food was decent. Also, people 1000 years ago who weren’t exposed to one single drop of vegetable oil there entire life still die at a normal age. The fact that there’s been at tens of billions of people who’ve walked this earth, and only a handful have made it to a 100 or above, to me proves that the degeneration of the body cannot be stopped THAT much, at most in a perfect environment may extend life 10 or so years. before 100 years ago, there was probably millions upon millions of people who naturally ate peaty, like traditional foods in the middle east, or france, or many other countries. If they still died at a normal age, eating peaty form birth to death, I don’t think it’s fair to say aging isn’t necessary.
That's how Aubrey De Grey thinks too but I don't agree. My grandparents and people from that generation were exposed to less stress but most people in their 50's and 60's looked old and many had walking sticks! People who have a life purpose and who are happy souls, age slower. Nutrition definitely plays a role in slowing down the aging process too.

dreamcatcher

I suppose, the first 'inner' steps to conquering stress is cultivating unbending willpower, holistic resilience (mentally, emotionally ie no self pity, sentimentality) and... 0 self importance. (ie who cares what I think. With nothing to defend, any attacks inherently fail/backfire.)

Then... sunshine, salicylic acid salts (such as CalciumSali or MagnesiumSali), Methylene Blue, some cannabinoids & terpenes (to customise the therapeutic experience), Carbs & Gelatin...

Also... Cacao, Kava root... Agmatine, Caffeine, Theanine, sea salt...& a sense of humour...
Probably that's why devotees in religious communities age slower as they cultivate qualities such as humility, selflessness and giving up the ego.

Sativa

giving up the ego.
why give that up, it makes me who i am.

In giving up/denying their ego, they abandon/deny an important element of themselves. Not ideal really... but if you're living amongst other equally ego-less airy fairy types, then everything is taken care of lol.

The main cure to old age i understanding that energy never dies. Filter that understanding through to the biological / physical realm, and factor in the element of non-physical consciousness (all purveying energy field) and thats at least some of the necessary intellectual constructs you require to actualize immortality.

In other words its essentially about taking your memory though death - which itself is just a 'transition' of sorts, as explained by Dan Winter.

Last edited:

revenant

This already happened... See Dan Winter's work.
Once you re-structure/re-interpret/re-define what the nature of experience means, Dan Winter's work makes more sense. You would also need to do away with 'polarised thinking', which is the most popular self-limiting factor that humans indulge in.
Oh, and also, the notion that what you know is absolute; all beliefs are ultimately chosen. Self-importance (and self-pity) is a brilliant barrier to emancipation & escape velocity.
All beliefs are equally valid. (since each belief generates its own self-validating reality).

Yeah that's gonna be a no from me dawg. I googled his name and found this:

http://www.fractalfield.com/

That is not the work of a coherent person.

Sativa

Yeah, don't worry - your interpretation is perfectly normal & to be expected. I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything.

Everyone consciously/subconsciously chooses what they want to believe/trust, so it's silly to argue or attempt to convince others.
Anyway... who cares what anyone else thinks... when you're self-defined it's irrelevant lol

dreamcatcher

why give that up, it makes me who i am.

In giving up/denying their ego, they abandon/deny an important element of themselves. Not ideal really... but if you're living amongst other equally ego-less airy fairy types, then everything is taken care of lol.

The main cure to old age i understanding that energy never dies. Filter that understanding through to the biological / physical realm, and factor in the element of non-physical consciousness (all purveying energy field) and thats at least some of the necessary intellectual constructs you require to actualize immortality.

In other words its essentially about taking your memory though death - which itself is just a 'transition' of sorts, as explained by Dan Winter.
I didn't say it was good, or to give it up- it was an example as someone brought those qualities up in relation to slowing down the aging process.

LucyL

That's how Aubrey De Grey thinks too but I don't agree. My grandparents and people from that generation were exposed to less stress but most people in their 50's and 60's looked old and many had walking sticks! People who have a life purpose and who are happy souls, age slower. Nutrition definitely plays a role in slowing down the aging process too.

My grandparents looked old to me (and still in photos) in their 50's and 60's, but they lived to 80's and 90's in relatively good health and independence. I think some of the appearance of age was the lack of concealment of age. Grandma never hit the gym (just walked all over town) , never colored her hair, never had facials or cosmetic surgery. Ate what she wanted giving her that old fashioned fat-but-not-pudgy body with a lot of muscle from a life of hard work, and dressed it comfortably. The result was "old", but perhaps better termed stolid, as it was maintained for decades with little change. I dunno, that may be a definition of slow aging.

bk_

Probably that's why devotees in religious communities age slower as they cultivate qualities such as humility, selflessness and giving up the ego.

I think there’s more about certain religious communities that help such as their moderation or restrictions on alcohol, drugs, and other addictive or self-destructive activities. Also having a sense of purpose and belonging helps.

I’ve noticed in particular that those who sleep on regular schedules and completely avoid alcohol/drugs look much younger than their counterparts or even their siblings who drank or partied a lot. Especially people i knew from high school; the drinkers/partiers have aged terribly.

What about other scientific components that can play a role in reversing and/or preventing aging like genetic engineering and such? 3-D organ replacements? Mind uploading (bit of a stretch, but throwing everything out there)?

If the body is viewed as a finite state machine or something like life and death as a fixed function pipeline/algorithm/etc., logic tells us a change in the steps between the process (or rewriting a new pipeline or removing and sustaining it truthfully without one makes more sense) is how you stop or even reverse it. Adding or changing a diet or supps or etc. within the confines of the "human life pipeline" does not have the means to an end we propose or discuss here -- the cessation of life being inevitable.

The point is that nobody wants to age and deteriorate, but diet alone is likely not enough in the long term, otherwise nobody would die if diet and environment was perfect. The body slowly accumulates damage and wears out. Science must come in and not let that happen -- i.e., stop/remove damage accumulation; repair and supply failed organs; change DNA/fix DNA copy issues/lipofuscin/weaknesses.

Aside from the genetic altering points and senescence stopping along with some idea of a cell regeneration therapy or procedure that is permanent like someone else here pointed out about endless energy and incorporating that in to human biological from all angles.

Already are there some experiments on reverse aging, but this stuff is very limited and maybe a shot in the dark as far as I know. I follow this stuff, but it appears there just isn't enough knowledge yet or means to significantly slow or stop and even reverse aging point blank.

Diet, lifestyle and various other things play a role of course, but none can defeat the idea of seeing death as inevitable. Seriously wanting to make this real will take more than just limiting PUFA or fixing metabolism or trying supplements or etc. (not saying these things shouldn't be done, but pointing out about how they alone aren't enough for the bottom line).

Peating to me puts a new place or steps to go through in the living process, but does not change the "rules" of the "life system" or whatever you wish to see it as. I believe people see diets and fads and advice as meaningless because they view the same bottom line (dying) as inevitable. I don't agree with this since I value my health and do not want to die clearly (as most people will certainly get my point here), but many people think the inevitable will come and nothing can change it.

Diet and most info I know of cannot yet ultimately stop the "inevitable" part, but it seems we are way closer today than we were not too long ago, with tons of regeneration therapies/info here/diet/overall biology/chemistry/physics means.

3-D printing, nanotechnology and cell therapies/genetic altering are what to look into now probably when it comes to stopping/slowing/reversing age/new medical procedures/etc.

Last edited:

bk_

3-D printing, nanotechnology and cell therapies/genetic altering are what to look into now probably when it comes to stopping/slowing/reversing age/new medical procedures/etc.

A mechanistic approach is what the medical field is currently doing today as it has done for chronic disease and cancer. I’ve heard of a study that Peat mentioned showing that a tumour from a sick rodent put into a healthy changed into normal ordered tissue and then when it was put back into the sick rodent it turned back into a tumour. The same effect has been observed with organs in recipients donated by older or younger donors.

The key to tackling aging is to take a complete holistic approach as cells are more than just isolated bags of water and genetic material that can be altered or replaced. Cells are a part of a conscious organism that arrange themselves in a structure through some conscious action to which medicine still struggles to understand or turns away from in ignorance. Aging therefore needs to approached from the perspective of the whole of an organism and it’s environment and not simply it’s individual parts.

I think the aging issue is more complicated than what is currently understood. Longevity will require more than simply replacing parts or performing surgeries as one would think simply replacing parts on an old car. Peat has pointed out that longevity, metabolism, and energy protective substances go hand in hand.

bk_

There is one Segway that I need to make: in a recent interview Peat mentioned a study on removing the parathyroid gland from rats and the remarkably positive effects on sexual function and longevity this had on the rats and their offspring. Another study was done on rats with a gene for processing parathyroid hormone that was knocked out allowing the rodents to live longer. He also mentioned anecdote of patients having parathyroid glands surgically removed having much better health.

He believes the gland to be responsible for much of aging. It acts as an emergency system for gathering nutrients from other cells however in many people this gland continues running due to chronic nutritional deficiencies (namely calcium magnesium and vitamin D).

OP
ecstatichamster
Of course you can supplement calcium but I think food calcium might be superior. Keeping parathyroid hormone down by consuming more calcium than phosphorus is a key thing I learned from Dr. Peat.

Last edited:
@bk_ Interesting way of looking at it. I didn't really think of it that holistically, although I'm pretty holistic and homeopathic myself (don't know if my posts reflect that).

What I mean by the "replace" ideology is that we can make sick people live longer than what they would've otherwise. I know this goes against what I wrote above with acknowledging the "aging model" or such, but at least if we can keep sick/ill/etc. people alive longer by replacing parts or such if needed, we can then focus on the issue more in a personalized matter than merely seeing people as cars or such that need replacement parts. I think the only known, most direct ways of regenerating/replenishing of people from illness/cancer/disease is to either treat the disease with targeted medicine or change parts/the immune system/etc. if the person cannot heal any other way, holistic or not. Looking at it holistically has to be incorporated too, but we can't ignore the means of extending life by means of the more mechanistic approach, if for nothing else that can do equivalently at the time. While it's true that mainstream medical approaches tend to be shortsighted, sometimes they're life saving in critical moments too.

I'm not a big fan of the traditional, allopathic medicine/drug model since it is obviously flawed in ways -- but it isn't all 100% bad. I just know that neither the allopathic model nor the the more holistic or homeopathic way of looking at it can change the "life -> death" or inevitability perspective of it.

The reason I looked at it in a more mechanistic way is that I don't see any other way without scientific intervention and extreme measures to accomplish it otherwise. This is why I support stuff like genetic engineering to help people and anti-aging protocols/etc., even if not necessarily from a "non-traditional" or "natural" method.

The point is that -- although people are not machines -- the sustainability/longevity aspect of us all can be interpreted that way & make sense/work somewhat.

Last edited:

REN17

In Chinese Medicine, we have, in part, the concept of blood stagnation (qi stagnation being the other). Qi is the commander of blood and blood is the mother of qi. Without taking the thread into another direction about Chinese Medicine, I did at least want to share the following as it relates to blood that maybe someone might find of interest and continue to add to this interesting puzzle. I think someone earlier even mentioned the old practice of "blood-letting".

Blood stagnation is essentially the disruption of optimal blood flow to the point where it has stagnated and stalled if you would. This can happen from chronic qi stagnation or maybe from an injury. Through various modalities such as acupuncture and cupping, the "stagnation" can be broken up and helped to move along allowing for the proper flow of new/non-stagnate blood and qi into the area or channel. Via wet cupping for example, a few tiny incisions using a lancet will allow the blood to be released within the cup. Sometimes there may be a little...sometimes more. The consistency of the blood that comes out will vary, as well as, the color.

One of my professors told us about a student who had previously volunteered for wet cupping one day during class. The female student had been dying her hair black for a few years and had the cupping procedure done on her upper back/scapula area. What came out? .....a black, sludge-like material. How could this be? Well, not only was the young lady dying her hair using the black dye, she was also washing it and the black dye along with the water would course over this area, time after time, ever so subtly seeping into her body. It is not uncommon to see blood that comes out in this gelatinous type of texture....and in her case, color from the black dye.

My point: I have always felt blood is a special key as it relates to longevity/aging. Part of my varying background was in coaching-sports and fitness, so its importance into the recovery/regeneration process was always evident. Even the structural similarity of hemoglobin and chlorophyll is fascinating. The porphyrin, center rings....iron vs. magnesium. I have asked myself at times: So what if we had a different "fluid" running through our veins? What if that center ring was magnesium? Maybe at one time we did...different subject for a different time :)

I know in the Bible (book of Leviticus), it refers to life being in the blood. There may be other religious, cultural or historical texts that also link a special connection of life and blood.

In the end, I think we can expand lifespan and have an amazing quality of life, though only up to a certain point. The problem or I should say the limiting factor.....the blood. It is essential indeed and flows into the most tiniest of crevices of our body.....but it is also our "governor". Just like on older vehicles, it places a limit on our engine. Sure, one can take it off and on new cars it's essentially non-existent. The difference: Unlike a car, we don't know how to remove it from our bodies and I just don't think we ever will. Kinda reminds me of "The Curse of Oak Island". Keep digging....find a coin.....dig some more, find a bone....dig some more....water fills up. Go find another place to dig.....

Thanks for the thread

Apple

Of course you can supplement calcium but I think food calcium might be superior. Keeping parathyroid hormone down by consuming more calcium than phosphorus is a key thing I learned from Dr. Peat.
What would be a good diet strategy to keep calcium higher than phosphorus in order to keep parathyroid hormone down ? (Without supplemental calcium pills).

bk_

What would be a good diet strategy to keep calcium higher than phosphorus in order to keep parathyroid hormone down ? (Without supplemental calcium pills).
Dairy products. If you have some dairy sensitivity you can start with Swiss cheese (free of lactose and tryptophan) or A2 milk (some have sensitivities to normal milk). I also suspect that seafood although low in calcium have other supportive minerals for keeping parathyroid hormone down but you’d have to research this to verify.

OccamzRazer

Dairy products. If you have some dairy sensitivity you can start with Swiss cheese (free of lactose and tryptophan) or A2 milk (some have sensitivities to normal milk). I also suspect that seafood although low in calcium have other supportive minerals for keeping parathyroid hormone down but you’d have to research this to verify.
Raw milk can also be good for people who wouldn't otherwise tolerate dairy.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals