The Cure To Old Age - Dr. Peat September 1995

B

Braveheart

Once again, originally a good topic...totally derailed...this happens so often!?

lampofred

The article specifically speaks to the point that if we could cleanse our blood we could stay forever young. That’s what I think it says.

BTW I started doing some reducing breathing exercises yesterday. This evening I felt so bad that I went to go donate blood. I found in Generative Energy that RP wrote lowering oxygen levels causes accumulated iron to start causing destructive peroxidation or something like that. Maybe for people who are experienced in Buteyko and breathe very little, it is necessary to regularly donate blood, since they will be more sensitive to iron build-up.

morgan#1

sorry ... I did find out that before there were antibiotics bloodletting was the common procedure for doctors. Leeches, etc
“some bacteria rely on iron in blood cells to survive -- leading some researchers to conclude that as an attempt to kill bacteria, letting blood out of the body may not have been such a bad idea after all.” ( LA times)

Last edited:

lampofred

So I hadn't broadened my definition of what "fluid" was... If the cause of aging is accumulated & unchanging fluid, then doesn't that imply that frequent ejaculation will slow down prostate aging? Analogous to bloodletting.

OP
ecstatichamster
BTW I started doing some reducing breathing exercises yesterday. This evening I felt so bad that I went to go donate blood. I found in Generative Energy that RP wrote lowering oxygen levels causes accumulated iron to start causing destructive peroxidation or something like that. Maybe for people who are experienced in Buteyko and breathe very little, it is necessary to regularly donate blood, since they will be more sensitive to iron build-up.

Often there are cleansing reactions.

soul_rebel

Wealth is a plus in society, no doubt about it, but I don't think the rich are less stressed. In theory they should have the ability to be less stressed, with the freedom money should allow, but many are not. Being concerned with keeping wealth, maintaining status and power, political movements, their children's education, and generally being in managerial positions, I don't think they are less stressed.

I actually find more "middle age" looking soft bodies, wrinkles, and hair loss among the wealthier set, than I do among young working class minority men in the United States, who with less wealth should be more stressed.

Stress is on the individual and their relationship with the environment, food, relationships.

shepherdgirl

So I understand that either blood donation, or donation of the fluid fraction of the blood, would be a good way to (slowly) remove some of the modified proteins from the blood, is that correct? But there is only so much blood a person can donate. In addition to the points that @yerrag made (lowering oxidative stress, having a good metabolic state, replacing some old blood with new), what are some other ways to lower the modified protein level? Is it possible to reverse protein modification? Would fixing fatty liver increase the amount of unoxidized albumin in the blood? Does fibrosis partially block nutrient entry into the cell, thereby "aging" it?

LUH 3417

The rich still live on the same toxic planet. I expect if they choose to go to Mars, the stress of getting there will age them faster.
A lot of alternative news media proclaim the rich are very into procuring young children for their blood letting rituals, while MSM reports on their interest in space travel and technology.

Last edited:
OP
ecstatichamster
Someone will design a filter that runs our blood through like dialysis.Eventually it will remove the sludgy bad stuff. I really believe this.

yerrag

Someone will design a filter that runs our blood through like dialysis.Eventually it will remove the sludgy bad stuff. I really believe this.
What sludgy bad stuff do you refer to? If you improve the zeta potential greatly sludge will be greatly reduced, if not gone. Our red blood cells are constantly being replaced by new ones produced by the bone narrows. And wbc's as well, although production is more dependent on them being called in by the immune system.

There are many other components, especially the proteins, many of which are produced by our liver. Albumin and hemoglobin to name a few. If organs like liver can't produce these in enough quantities, blood won't be as whole and useful. But these proteins can fail to do their job well when they are made sub-functional. With hemoglobin, thru exposure to mercury, which diminishes the oxygen carrying capacity of hemoglobin. With albumin, thru excessive oxidative stresses.

If organs are failing, new blood may help. But if they're still working well, keeping the blood components in an optimal state by providing a good internal environment would be a more worthwhile effort. But it's hard to see a machine restoring the vitality of blood.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
That sounds very hopeful! Currently hemodialysis is extremely hard on people so there would have to be some improvements. It keeps them alive but it's far from a walk in the park. I wonder if nanotechnology with circulating nanobots that clean the blood 24/7 might work?

aussiebaldguy

Why is there such a negative attitude towards money on here...? What's wrong with being rich if you make your money honestly via a product/service that improves the lives of others? It reminds me of kind of an autistic spirituality where mind suppresses instinct so much that everything is reversed. Money, pleasure, beauty are "evil" and poverty, pain, asceticism are "good".

Maybe it's because everything is perverted now. Ambition is perverted into greed, pleasure into lust, beauty into narcissism. So the asceticism is a protective reaction to degeneration. Speaking about culture at large, not you specifically Sativa.
According to Nietsche our morality is suitable for slaves... im just speaking about western morality in general...nothing or no one specific

shepherdgirl

I suppose, the first 'inner' steps to conquering stress is cultivating unbending willpower, holistic resilience (mentally, emotionally ie no self pity, sentimentality) and... 0 self importance. (ie who cares what I think. With nothing to defend, any attacks inherently fail/backfire.)

Then... sunshine, salicylic acid salts (such as CalciumSali or MagnesiumSali), Methylene Blue, some cannabinoids & terpenes (to customise the therapeutic experience), Carbs & Gelatin...

Also... Cacao, Kava root... Agmatine, Caffeine, Theanine, sea salt...& a sense of humour...

Hi Sativa, why do you take salicylic acid salts instead of aspirin? What are the advantages? Do they still thin the blood like aspirin?
Thanks!

Sativa

Hi Sativa, why do you take salicylic acid salts instead of aspirin? What are the advantages? Do they still thin the blood like aspirin?
Thanks!
The natural form in plants such as White Willow Bark is closer to salicylic acid than acetyl-salicylic acid. To patent the natural molecule, an acetyl- group was added chemically, so it could be registered as a drug etc - tada: Aspirin.
the studies with aspirin and diabetes were done mostly in the UK (about a century ago) and they typically used sodium salicylate. So, that form of aspirin has some decent track record of beneficial effects.
Aspirin aka acetyl-salicylic acid would be my least preferred choice for getting salicylic acid. At least reacting it with bicarbonate makes it significantly more tolerable re digestion.

I'd rate Salicylate salts (eg calcium salicylate, sodium salicylate etc) as being most ideal, followed by the oil soluble Methyl salicylate, which is better suited for transdermal absorption, but can also be used orally, with caution as to the dosage used...

OP
ecstatichamster
That sounds very hopeful! Currently hemodialysis is extremely hard on people so there would have to be some improvements. It keeps them alive but it's far from a walk in the park. I wonder if nanotechnology with circulating nanobots that clean the blood 24/7 might work?

Yes but dialysis patients are very, very sick, and dialysis is very poor. I’m using it as an example but the filtration would be far more sophisticated.

revenant

I don't think replacing blood alone will make you live forever. Might solve a problem or two, but there are other factors that kill us:

Strategies for Engineered Negligible Senescence - Wikipedia

Eating Peaty won't make you live forever either, but might make you live long enough to hit escape velocity (i.e. live long enough to see some actual scientific advances that extend lifespan).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals