The Cure To Old Age - Dr. Peat September 1995

I'm just trying to eliminate a kidney stone, it is small , it's been there for at least 3 years and it is not decreasing .
As I know calcium from foods is good but calcium from supplements can contribute to kidneystones. So my approach is upping citrates, reducing oxalate foods, getting enough calcium from foods, dairy seems a convinient option but famous 2 quarts of milk looks like exageration to me.
I see. That approach seems good.

Too much calcium in conjunction with a lot of protein and sodium may increase the risk of kidney stones. There are studies showing improvement with potassium citrate and magnesium citrate. I would favor just enough salt instead of lots of it in this case. No need to lower it too much, especially if your potassium consumption is good( at least the RDA, so aroung 4 or 5 grams), but a ton of sodium increases calciuria( calcium elimination in the urine), as does protein, and potassium does the opposite.

Citrate excretion increases the more alkaline the body is. This has to do with the fact that citrate gets turned into bicarbonate when the acidity rises, so if there is little acidity to nuetralize, then the citrate is free to be excreted in the urine, and a higher citrate excretion helps to prevent kidney stones. This means simply ingesting more bicarbonates( potassium/ sodium/ magnesium bicarbonate) can help in this situation.

baccheion

I'm just trying to eliminate a kidney stone, it is small , it's been there for at least 3 years and it is not decreasing .
As I know calcium from foods is good but calcium from supplements can contribute to kidneystones. So my approach is upping citrates, reducing oxalate foods, getting enough calcium from foods, dairy seems a convinient option but famous 2 quarts of milk looks like exageration to me.
Aren't those handled with magnesium and vitamin K2?

Apple

Citrate excretion increases the more alkaline the body is. This has to do with the fact that citrate gets turned into bicarbonate when the acidity rises, so if there is little acidity to nuetralize, then the citrate is free to be excreted in the urine, and a higher citrate excretion helps to prevent kidney stones. This means simply ingesting more bicarbonates( potassium/ sodium/ magnesium bicarbonate) can help in this situation.
That makes sense , thanks for the explanation