Super Dosing Niacin -- A Half Cup and More

webbt

What justifies you doing this?

Extensive knowledge about nutraceuticals.
Chronic debilitating problems with health.
Unable to seek professional help due to life circumstances.
Risk minimized by careful planning and consideration.

There have been reports of 100 grams of niacin consumed at once and 60 grams daily.

----page 72 and 114 of "Niacin: The Real Story" pdf (214 pages total).

So far the most I've taken is 35 grams of niacin at once. Alongside it, I took SAM-e (liver protectant), vitamin C (general protectant), and a multivitamin.

The half cup dose is equivalent to 8 tablespoons, which is 50 grams of niacin.

I will document any effects and continue documenting subsequent doses.

cremes

I gave up niacin in favor of niacinamide due to developing Acanthosis Nigricans on about 3g per day in a divided dose. It took about 6 weeks for that skin issue to show up. It then took 3 weeks for it to disappear after reducing my niacin.

Interested to hear your outcomes.

OP
webbt

webbt

I gave up niacin in favor of niacinamide due to developing Acanthosis Nigricans on about 3g per day in a divided dose. It took about 6 weeks for that skin issue to show up. It then took 3 weeks for it to disappear after reducing my niacin.

Interested to hear your outcomes.
Dr. Abram Hoffer has commented on this

"It is transient, usually lasting only a few months, and when it is clear the skin is perfectly normal. Like an old tan, it washes off if the skin is rubbed when moist. It never recurs even with continued use of niacin. I think it is due to the deposition of melanin-containing indoles from tyrosine and adrenalin."

OP
webbt

webbt

@web
What do you hope to accomplish, with this experiment?
Several months ago I experienced something unbelievable from niacin. It fixed almost all of my health problems. It gave me my life back. Frankly, I went from being debilitated to feeling like superman. This occurred two days in a row and only lasted a few hours each day. Since then I have been desperate to figure this out.

The details are in a thread titled "Health Puzzle. Seeking Answers"

cremes

Dr. Abram Hoffer has commented on this

"It is transient, usually lasting only a few months, and when it is clear the skin is perfectly normal. Like an old tan, it washes off if the skin is rubbed when moist. It never recurs even with continued use of niacin. I think it is due to the deposition of melanin-containing indoles from tyrosine and adrenalin."
Ah, I just found that quote in my copy of his book. The next line has me worried! "It occurs most commonly in schizophrenic patients and is part of the healing process." D'oh!

mostlylurking

What justifies you doing this?

Extensive knowledge about nutraceuticals.
Chronic debilitating problems with health.
Unable to seek professional help due to life circumstances.
Risk minimized by careful planning and consideration.

There have been reports of 100 grams of niacin consumed at once and 60 grams daily.

----page 72 and 114 of "Niacin: The Real Story" pdf (214 pages total).

So far the most I've taken is 35 grams of niacin at once. Alongside it, I took SAM-e (liver protectant), vitamin C (general protectant), and a multivitamin.

The half cup dose is equivalent to 8 tablespoons, which is 50 grams of niacin.

I will document any effects and continue documenting subsequent doses.
Why would you want to do this? For the record, I did read Hoffer's book and I did play around with taking niacin, but I moved on and found better solutions.

Ras

Why would you want to do this? For the record, I did read Hoffer's book and I did play around with taking niacin, but I moved on and found better solutions.
The reason:

mostlylurking

The reason:
This is a circular thought exercise that does not answer my question. Can you share what the problem is that you are trying to address?

OP
webbt

webbt

@mostlylurking
anhedonia. No motivation. No energy. Debilitating sleep rhythm dysfunction. I haven't felt sleepy in 6 years. Gut problems like chronic loose stool and IBS. Barely can drive a car. No appetite (I literally do not feel the sensation of hunger or thirst etc). Tinnitus. Dysautonomia. I had a seizure twice. Constant tension in head. Nervous system and mind do not relax, for whole life. For the longest time I was unable to weight lift more than 4 pounds, but can do cardio. Feel disconnected from everything including myself. Trapped in my own body. No personality and unable to socialize, my whole life. Disconnected from everyone. Stuck in a mental tunnel vision/narrowing. Senses don't work well. Weird memory problems my whole life.

Several months ago every single one of these things reversed in a quite dramatic way. From debilitation to superman in a split second, I couldn't believe my eyes. It made me a new person.

This occured on the 4th day of supplementing ~1 gram niacin every morning.
The next day it had the same exact effect when I took it.

Joy, relaxation for the first time, mental ability improved, I felt something in my gut correcting and my stool improved, weight lifting became possible, vision brightened, sensory system fog lifted. Access to autobiographical memory became available. Working memory improved so much. I could manage all aspects of life, my sense of hunger and thirst and sleep became available/present, sense of smell improved so much it was as if I was smelling the world for the first time. My life went from being one big blur into something that had meaning and was tangible to me.

Then it started wearing off and I began getting plunged into the darkness again. A halfway coma state.

L-arginine 100% prolonged the effect on this second day.

After prolonging it for a few times I stopped being able to. And never felt that way since.

I did find something since then that has the same effect: IV infusion of n-acetylcysteine (NAC). Only got it one time.

The details are in a thread titled "Health Puzzle. Seeking Answers"

Last edited:

mostlylurking

anhedonia. No motivation. No energy. Debilitating sleep rhythm dysfunction. I haven't felt sleepy in 6 years. Gut problems like chronic loose stool and IBS. Barely can drive a car. No appetite (I literally do not feel the sensation of hunger or thirst etc). Tinnitus. Dysautonomia. I had a seizure twice. Constant tension in head. Nervous system and mind do not relax, for whole life.

No personality and unable to socialize, my whole life. Disconnected from everyone. Stuck in a mental tunnel vision/narrowing. Senses don't work well. Weird memory problems my whole life.
You are providing an excellent description of thiamine deficiency. Consider this possibility. Read about it. I'll provide links to information at the end of my post.

I had two siblings. Both developed schizophrenia when they were in their teens. My brother committed suicide 14 years ago at age 56. I was not as severely affected (the mental instability part) as they were but I've had my own problems. I've researched this a lot.

The trigger for the three of us was heavy metal poisoning; lead from the lead soldered plumbing pipes in the house we grew up in plus mercury amalgam fillings place when each of us were children. Heavy metal toxicity causes thiamine deficiency. Thiamine deficiency causes brain hypoxia. The heavy metal bonds to the thiamine molecules and either destroys them or makes them unavailable for the body to use. Thiamine deficiency causes the blood brain barrier to leak which allows undesirable molecules to get inside the brain.

The solution is thiamine supplementation. There are multiple choices of types and there's a lot of information on line about it.

here's some links for your consideration:

Thiamine Testing:

Thiamine testing is really tricky; I gave up trying after my GP was unable to find a lab in the U.S. that does the accurate test. I'm relying on my response to it and what I've learned about it on line. I started with 300-350 mg of thiamine hcl, (available here) and experienced improvement within 45 minutes. But I'm not you. You'll just need to experiment with it. Another way to try it is to get some of the sublingual type. Here's some info about it. And here's a book about it.

It is a good idea to take some magnesium with thiamine; I use magnesium glycinate. I also take a little riboflavin (about 30mg 4Xday) plus a little niacinamide (90mg 4Xday).

Here's an article about thiamine testing:

Thiamine Deficiency Testing: Understanding the Labs - Hormones Matter

Understanding thiamine deficiency and the lab testing methods most appropriate for detecting abnormal thiamine chemistry.

Navigating Thiamine Supplements- Hormones Matter

Understanding the different forms of vitamin B1.

I chose to stick with thiamine hcl because I could not tolerate TTFD because my glutathione level was in the ditch due to heavy metal toxicity. Happily taking high dose thiamine hcl has normalized my glutathione level for the first time in many years. Although the amount needed (1 gram, 2Xday is my dose; it's based on body weight) is a large amount (due to poor absorption in the gut), the pure bulk powder is inexpensive. A little of it tastes as bad as a lot of it so it's just a matter of getting used to the taste. Always take it with plain water, never anything sweet, and space taking it at least 30 minutes away from consuming carbs (starch or sugar containing food).

Here are some sources for info about thiamine:
Dr. Costantini's website. He successfully treated thousands of Parkinson's Disease patients in Italy using thiamine hcl. I chose to follow his protocol because I tolerate thiamine hcl better than TTFD. Dr. Costantini's FAQ's are well worth the time to read. His patient before and after videos are illuminating and very short.
Dr. Derrick Lonsdale's articles. He is on the far side of 99 and although is in a wheel chair and assisted living, he still has his wits about him which is a great testament to TTFD.
Daphne Brian's book about thiamine and Parkinson's Disease; she found great success using a sublingual form of thiamine which I have tried and found that it does work. This website is based on Dr. Costantini's work with thiamine hcl.
Elliot Overton's youtube channel. Excellent videos and a great way to get started learning about thiamine. Elliot focuses mainly on TTFD thiamine but the information can be extrapolated over to the other types of thiamine for general understanding. He explains the pros and cons of the different types.
Elliot Overton's website. Excellent articles under Blog. Also links to his videos.

Last edited:
OP
webbt

webbt

@mostlylurking Thank you. Before I started the niacin I was already taking about 2 grams of thiamine daily for a few weeks. I'm on the exact same page as you about thiamine. Super important. It detoxifies so much.

OP
webbt

webbt

A little of it tastes as bad as a lot of it so it's just a matter of getting used to the taste. Always take it with plain water, never anything sweet, and space taking it at least 30 minutes away from consuming carbs (starch or sugar containing food).
lurking, there is something called a 'blate pape'; available for purchase online. It is an edible pouch that bulk powders can be put into and swallowed. It's an extremely effective way of taking powder and you won't have to taste them.

Do you know the explanation of why carbs and thiamine should be separate? Better absorption? Thank you

mostlylurking

lurking, there is something called a 'blate pape'; available for purchase online. It is an edible pouch that bulk powders can be put into and swallowed. It's an extremely effective way of taking powder and you won't have to taste them.

Do you know the explanation of why carbs and thiamine should be separate? Better absorption? Thank you
Well, after almost three years of drinking thiamine hcl in water, I've acquired a taste for it so I'll just keep guzzling it down. Thanks though, appreciate the thought and info.

I follow Dr. Costantini's protocol and his pointers in his FAQs etc on his website. He was a clinician who successfully treated thousands of Parkinson's Disease patients with thiamine hcl over a period of around 11 years. I have had much better results by taking the stuff in water than in OJ myself so I believe that its true, but don't understand the chemistry.

OP
webbt

webbt

This thread is about super dosing niacin. We should try to keep it on topic.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom