Super Dosing Niacin -- A Half Cup and More

LLight

I don't want to be too negative but I doubt niacin is the answer to your health issues if you already took 35g once and you didn't replicate the relief you had at the begining.

That being said, I stand to be corrected by your experiment.

OP
webbt

webbt

I don't want to be too negative but I doubt niacin is the answer to your health issues if you already took 35g once and you didn't replicate the relief you had at the begining.

That being said, I stand to be corrected by your experiment.
Reports suggest the therapeutic threshold for some people is above 35 grams.

LLight

You are going to take doses well above RDA (something like RDA times 1000) and will be in pharmacological territory.

Even if it works (until you stop taking it?), it probably won't be treating the root cause of your issue, which is probably not niacin deficiency based on your previous experiments.

Once again I stand to be corrected by your results and wish you to have good results and be able to heal :praying:

OP
webbt

webbt

You are going to take doses well above RDA (something like RDA times 1000) and will be in pharmacological territory.

Even if it works (until you stop taking it?), it probably won't be treating the root cause of your issue, which is probably not niacin deficiency based on your previous experiments.

Once again I stand to be corrected by your results and wish you to have good results and be able to heal :praying:
Thank you. Based on what I've read, if you reach a therapeutic dose and stay at that level for a few days you can then move down to a much lower maintenance dose.

Validus

What justifies you doing this?

Extensive knowledge about nutraceuticals.
Chronic debilitating problems with health.
Unable to seek professional help due to life circumstances.
Risk minimized by careful planning and consideration.

There have been reports of 100 grams of niacin consumed at once and 60 grams daily.

----page 72 and 114 of "Niacin: The Real Story" pdf (214 pages total).

So far the most I've taken is 35 grams of niacin at once. Alongside it, I took SAM-e (liver protectant), vitamin C (general protectant), and a multivitamin.

The half cup dose is equivalent to 8 tablespoons, which is 50 grams of niacin.

I will document any effects and continue documenting subsequent doses.
Do you have a link to this PDF?

----page 72 and 114 of "Niacin: The Real Story" pdf (214 pages total).

purple pill

Look forward to hearing how this goes. First time i took niacin(500mg) i slept for 24 hours straight almost in a coma, woke up feeling 20 years younger like every ounce of stress had been lifted. Took 3 grams daily for the better part of a year reaping benefits but had to cut down to 500mg at bedtime due to it giving me restless leg syndrome, found lots of different theories on why it could possibly have this effect and tried lots of other supplements along side it but never really got to the bottom of it. 500mg gives me a good sleep but nowhere like it did at the start. Tried niacinamide but only made me feel really droggy, maybe due to the usual 500mg dosage their sold in, maybe 100mg throughout the day would be better suited for me. Anyway keep us posted.

OP
webbt

webbt

(...) First time i took niacin(500mg) i slept for 24 hours straight almost in a coma, woke up feeling 20 years younger like every ounce of stress had been lifted. (...)
Niacin apparently heals a leaky blood-brain barrier. This is a theoretical explanation for why it could effect the brain so much in the beginning and then lose its potency.

Last edited:

mostlylurking

This thread is about super dosing niacin. We should try to keep it on topic.
OK.

"However, high doses and long-term treatment can lead to issues with the liver, such as hepatitis and liver failure. Certain high doses have associations with liver damage."

"Other adverse effects include hyperuricemia, gastrointestinal disorders, rash, increased homocysteine levels, hypotension, dyspepsia, elevations in AST and ALT, nausea, vomiting, and paresthesias.[5][1]
Serious Adverse Reactions
Peptic ulcer disease, arrhythmias, anaphylaxis, hepatotoxicity, hepatic necrosis, fulminant, macular edema[1]
Go to:

Contraindications​

Contraindications to niacin include the following conditions:
  • Patients with active peptic ulcer disease
  • Patients who have active liver disease or present with unexplained and persistent elevations in hepatic transaminases
  • Patients with hypersensitivity to niacin or any component of this medication
  • Patients with arterial bleeding"

mostlylurking

Niacin apparently heals a leaky blood-brain barrier. This is a theoretical explanation for why it could effect the brain so much in the beginning and then lose its potency.

But there are downsides to high dosing niacin (see post above).

OP
webbt

webbt

@mostlylurking Once I get my health sorted out I'll make a document that details the correct way to take niacin. It will also address any concerns, especially the surface-scare that is out there.

mostlylurking

@mostlylurking Once I get my health sorted out I'll make a document that details the correct way to take niacin. It will also address any concerns, especially the surface-scare that is out there.
Assuming you survive your experiment with half cups of niacin.... Did you catch the part about liver failure in my post above? I'm not sure what you mean by "surface-scare".

cremes

Assuming you survive your experiment with half cups of niacin.... Did you catch the part about liver failure in my post above? I'm not sure what you mean by "surface-scare".
He’s likely relying on the Hoffer book. I’m paraphrasing but in it he says that the elevated liver enzymes detected during niacin treatment indicates that the liver is merely active and is not reacting in a pathological manner.

And simply stopping niacin cold turkey is sufficient to return those enzymes to normal levels within a few days.

mostlylurking

He’s likely relying on the Hoffer book. I’m paraphrasing but in it he says that the elevated liver enzymes detected during niacin treatment indicates that the liver is merely active and is not reacting in a pathological manner.

And simply stopping niacin cold turkey is sufficient to return those enzymes to normal levels within a few days.
Well, it's his body after all. He can take lots of niacin if he wants to.

I linked to some info earlier; if he chooses to ignore it, it's his choice.

Ras

You are providing an excellent description of thiamine deficiency. Consider this possibility. Read about it. I'll provide links to information at the end of my post.

I had two siblings. Both developed schizophrenia when they were in their teens. My brother committed suicide 14 years ago at age 56. I was not as severely affected (the mental instability part) as they were but I've had my own problems. I've researched this a lot.

The trigger for the three of us was heavy metal poisoning; lead from the lead soldered plumbing pipes in the house we grew up in plus mercury amalgam fillings place when each of us were children. Heavy metal toxicity causes thiamine deficiency. Thiamine deficiency causes brain hypoxia. The heavy metal bonds to the thiamine molecules and either destroys them or makes them unavailable for the body to use. Thiamine deficiency causes the blood brain barrier to leak which allows undesirable molecules to get inside the brain.

The solution is thiamine supplementation. There are multiple choices of types and there's a lot of information on line about it.

here's some links for your consideration:

Thiamine Testing:

Thiamine testing is really tricky; I gave up trying after my GP was unable to find a lab in the U.S. that does the accurate test. I'm relying on my response to it and what I've learned about it on line. I started with 300-350 mg of thiamine hcl, (available here) and experienced improvement within 45 minutes. But I'm not you. You'll just need to experiment with it. Another way to try it is to get some of the sublingual type. Here's some info about it. And here's a book about it.

It is a good idea to take some magnesium with thiamine; I use magnesium glycinate. I also take a little riboflavin (about 30mg 4Xday) plus a little niacinamide (90mg 4Xday).

Here's an article about thiamine testing:

Thiamine Deficiency Testing: Understanding the Labs - Hormones Matter

Understanding thiamine deficiency and the lab testing methods most appropriate for detecting abnormal thiamine chemistry.

Navigating Thiamine Supplements- Hormones Matter

Understanding the different forms of vitamin B1.

I chose to stick with thiamine hcl because I could not tolerate TTFD because my glutathione level was in the ditch due to heavy metal toxicity. Happily taking high dose thiamine hcl has normalized my glutathione level for the first time in many years. Although the amount needed (1 gram, 2Xday is my dose; it's based on body weight) is a large amount (due to poor absorption in the gut), the pure bulk powder is inexpensive. A little of it tastes as bad as a lot of it so it's just a matter of getting used to the taste. Always take it with plain water, never anything sweet, and space taking it at least 30 minutes away from consuming carbs (starch or sugar containing food).

Here are some sources for info about thiamine:
Dr. Costantini's website. He successfully treated thousands of Parkinson's Disease patients in Italy using thiamine hcl. I chose to follow his protocol because I tolerate thiamine hcl better than TTFD. Dr. Costantini's FAQ's are well worth the time to read. His patient before and after videos are illuminating and very short.
Dr. Derrick Lonsdale's articles. He is on the far side of 99 and although is in a wheel chair and assisted living, he still has his wits about him which is a great testament to TTFD.
Daphne Brian's book about thiamine and Parkinson's Disease; she found great success using a sublingual form of thiamine which I have tried and found that it does work. This website is based on Dr. Costantini's work with thiamine hcl.
Elliot Overton's youtube channel. Excellent videos and a great way to get started learning about thiamine. Elliot focuses mainly on TTFD thiamine but the information can be extrapolated over to the other types of thiamine for general understanding. He explains the pros and cons of the different types.
Elliot Overton's website. Excellent articles under Blog. Also links to his videos.
Use coupon code DMITRYKATS for a discount at PureBulk.

Ras

@Ionson I found the pdf by searching this:
niacin the real story filetype:pdf

The first link is https://www.rapamycin.news/uploads/short-url/2oMpfK7BRvf0TWln9S9rDZaWRXY.pdf
Thanks for posting this. I find it interesting that for all its powers, neither niacin, nor the other substances with which Hoffer supplemented, were able to prevent his appearance from aging.

I once met a 92 year old country-boy farmer. While he was short, he looked decades younger than an age-equivalent Hoffer, and had a scalp covered with healthy, dirty-blond hair. Being a good-ol' boy, he had done nothing to preserve his appearance, or his hair, yet he was a vibrant picture of health, even in his movement. He walked and talked like a man in his fifties, or better. One would be skeptical of his stated age, but I verified this information in his medical record. He left such an impression on me, that I continue to be inspired.

If Harold Katcher is right, exosomes from young blood hold the key to restoring health: News from Harold Katcher’s Lab

OP
webbt

webbt

Thanks for posting this. I find it interesting that for all its powers, neither niacin, nor the other substances with which Hoffer supplemented, were able to prevent his appearance from aging.

I once met a 92 year old country-boy farmer. While he was short, he looked decades younger than an age-equivalent Hoffer, and had a scalp covered with healthy, dirty-blond hair. Being a good-ol' boy, he had done nothing to preserve his appearance, or his hair, yet he was a vibrant picture of health, even in his movement. He walked and talked like a man in his fifties, or better. One would be skeptical of his stated age, but I verified this information in his medical record. He left such an impression on me, that I continue to be inspired.

If Harold Katcher is right, exosomes from young blood hold the key to restoring health: News from Harold Katcher’s Lab
Genetics and stress may be the key here. A farming life is a more evolutionarily-consistent environment and occupation, thus conferring a great psychological advantage compared to some city job, effecting health downstream of this. We know people who live in more rural areas tend to have less genetic mutations compared to city dwellers. And it may not be due to the difference in environment, necessarily. Additionally, you mentioned he was short. An individual's size and their longevity are inversely correlated. So the smaller an individual is, the more long-lived they will tend to be (according to the research).

Last edited:
OP
webbt

webbt

Picamilon is a nootropic compound comprised of a GABA molecule and a niacin molecule bound together. It is fat-soluble, thus crosses the blood-brain barrier more easily. The usual dose is between 50 and 200 mg. My research showed that higher doses would be tolerable. I swallowed 3 grams within 6 hours a few days ago. No effect was felt.

OP
webbt

webbt

No effect from a half cup of niacin. It was taken alongside SAM-e, vitamin C, beef organ powder, 2 grams thiamine HCL, 400 mg riboflavin, 1 gram pantethine, rosemary powder, and a multivitamin.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom