Stop recommending Ivermectin, it inhibits Importin α/β, an esential protein for cellular processes

mrchibbs

this is the same dangerous logic they use for the vaccine. they say only _ out of _ get hurt from the vaccine so it's a net positive because more people die of covid. 1 in 1000 is an extremely high risk of brain damage. Even myocarditis from the vaccine has better odds than that

Not at all.

The crooked head of the CDC says things like this, how a few cases of myocarditis is a good price to pay to save one life.

Ivermectin is not really in the same range. When people are acutely sick and have to go to the hospital, ivermectin can save A LOT more than one life.

mrchibbs

I disagree with Peat on penicillin and other antibiotics. I personally would never again take them and by living reasonably healthy (eating organic foods, spending some time in nature, avoiding heavy sources of radiation, vaccines, drugs and even most supplements, etc.) my family never gets so ill that we would have a need for them anyway. I think they cause considerable damage, including metabolic suppression that we are trying so hard to fix with thyroid and other prometabolic substances. And the short-term positive effects from them are probably due to harmful stress hormone activation (see Henry Bieler's work). In the past they used to treat many problems with mercury, arsenic, strychnine and the like and often got miraculous short-term results, but that doesn't mean they didn't poison people at the same time.

As for covid-19, I think the virus risk is imaginary and serious respiratory problems are caused by disinfectants, stress, hospital treatment with oxygen, toxic drugs etc. Loss of smell and taste could be due to extreme rise in disinfectant use and no-one is talking about it. But even then I don't know anyone with a case of covid-19 worse than a flu except for some who panicked and went into the hospital where they were almost killed by treatments they received. The main hospital here publicly said that they put covid patients without any serious symptoms on invasive ventilation - how crazy is that? (And of course they follow WHO recommendations here.) I recommend the book Virus Mania that in my opinion is focused on the true causes of disease. The quote below summarizes their message pretty well.

I am aware of virus mania, and other books on the topic. I have them on my e-reader.

Ventilation creates lung inflammation, this has been known for a decade or more and yet many hospitals still use them to this day despite the fact that make everything worse.

I believe covid is exaggerated and the virus itself is not the cause of all the patients they see with respiratory symptoms. Which is why they find low viral load in many criticially ill patients and several other inconsistencies.

However.

As @fico linked, ivermectin has now gone through meta-analysis and is clearly slashing mortality in patients with these symptoms. I have looked at the evidence the best I can and have said that I don't recommend ivermectin as prophylaxis. I think the risks are with long term treatment. Short term use (<1 month) looks to be very safe to me, for individuals who have started to experience symptoms of respiratory distress.

Other things are better for prevention and recovery. And there are probably other drugs/substances like ivermectin (methylene blue?) which could have similar effect. Pierre Kory mentioned vitamin C IV as well in the Bret Weinstein interview.

Considering how ridiculous the vaccines currently are (most of the hospital cases are now with individuals with two shots) and are causing teenage deaths left and right, vitamin D for prophylaxis and ivermectin for acute treatment seems to be a very straightforward way to end this nonsensical hysteria around the world.

blob69

I am aware of virus mania, and other books on the topic. I have them on my e-reader.

Ventilation creates lung inflammation, this has been known for a decade or more and yet many hospitals still use them to this day despite the fact that make everything worse.

I believe covid is exaggerated and the virus itself is not the cause of all the patients they see with respiratory symptoms. Which is why they find low viral load in many criticially ill patients and several other inconsistencies.

However.

As @fico linked, ivermectin has now gone through meta-analysis and is clearly slashing mortality in patients with these symptoms. I have looked at the evidence the best I can and have said that I don't recommend ivermectin as prophylaxis. I think the risks are with long term treatment. Short term use (<1 month) looks to be very safe to me, for individuals who have started to experience symptoms of respiratory distress.

Other things are better for prevention and recovery. And there are probably other drugs/substances like ivermectin (methylene blue?) which could have similar effect. Pierre Kory mentioned vitamin C IV as well in the Bret Weinstein interview.

Considering how ridiculous the vaccines currently are (most of the hospital cases are now with individuals with two shots) and are causing teenage deaths left and right, vitamin D for prophylaxis and ivermectin for acute treatment seems to be a very straightforward way to end this nonsensical hysteria around the world.
I understand your position and sympathize. Not that sure about the benefits of ivermectin though - does the meta-analysis you mention include quality double-blind placebo-controlled trials?

RealNeat

Me: Ivermectin is getting a lot of attention and it seems it has become the new superstar instead of or alongside HCQ. Do you think it is as effective and safe as many are making it out to be? It seems to be a relatively new drug compared to things like MB and Aspirin? Thank you.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41429-021-00430-5.pdf

Ray:
A few small doses for treatment are safe, but I don’t think it’s safe enough to use for preventive purposes, continuing.

J Agric Food Chem. 2016 Sep 14;64(36):6895-902.
doi: 10.1021/acs.jafc.6b02812. Epub 2016 Sep 1.
Avermectin Confers Its Cytotoxic Effects by Inducing DNA Damage and Mitochondria-Associated Apoptosis
Yang Zhang 1 , Mingming Luo 1 , Wenping Xu 1 , Mingjun Yang 1 , Bo Wang 1 , Jufang Gao 2 , Yaxiao Li 3 , Liming Tao 1
Avermectin (AVM) has been widely used in agriculture and animal husbandry on the basis of its broad spectrum of effective anthelmintic activity and specificity targets. However, AVM induction of cytotoxicity through DNA damage is remains elusive. Here we investigate the cytotoxic effects of AVM in human nontarget cells in vitro. We clarify that AVM inhibited the viability of HeLa cells and enhanced apoptosis. We have used alkaline comet assay and γH2AX foci formation to detect DNA damage of HeLa cells. As expected, we found AVM caused DNA double-strand breaks in HeLa cells, as measured by significance of comet assay parameters (e.g., tail DNA) and increases of γH2AX foci in HeLa cells. Moreover, established assays of cytotoxicity were performed to characterize the mechanism of AVM toxicity on HeLa cells. The results demonstrated the collapse of mitochondrial membrane potential, and up-regulating the expression level of Bax/Bcl-2 resulted in a release of cytochrome c into cytosol as well as the activation of caspase-9/-3 and cleavage of poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase (PARP). We conclude that AVM has a potential risk to human health by inducing human cell DNA damage and mitochondria-associated apoptosis.
Keywords: DNA damage; apoptosis; avermectin; cytotoxic effects; mitochondrial pathway.

Toxicol In Vitro. 2012 Feb;26(1):51-6.
doi: 10.1016/j.tiv.2011.10.007. Epub 2011 Oct 17.
Abamectin affects the bioenergetics of liver mitochondria: A potential mechanism of hepatotoxicity
Juliana C Castanha Zanoli 1 , Marcos A Maioli, Hyllana C D Medeiros, Fábio E Mingatto
Free article
Abstract
Abamectin (ABA) is a macrocyclic lactone of the avermectin family used worldwide as an antiparasitic agent in farm animals and pets and as the active ingredient of insecticides and nematicides. In this study, the effects of abamectin on the bioenergetics of mitochondria isolated from rat liver were evaluated. Mitochondria are responsible for converting the energy released by electron transport and stored as the binding energy molecule ATP. Xenobiotics that interfere with its synthesis or utilization can be acutely or chronically toxic. Abamectin (5-25μM) caused concentration-dependent inhibition of the respiratory chain without affecting the membrane potential or the activity of enzymes NADH dehydrogenase or succinate dehydrogenase. This behavior is similar to oligomycin and carboxyatractyloside and suggests direct action on F(o)F(1)-ATPase and/or the adenine nucleotide translocator (ANT). ABA more pronouncedly inhibited ATPase phosphohydrolase activity in intact, uncoupled mitochondria than in freeze-thawed disrupted mitochondria. ADP-stimulated depolarization of the mitochondrial membrane potential was also inhibited by ABA. Our results indicate that ABA interacts more specifically with the ANT, resulting in functional inhibition of the translocator with consequent impairment of mitochondrial bioenergetics. This effect could be involved in the ABA toxicity to hepatocytes.
Copyright © 2011 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.

Toxicol In Vitro. 2013 Mar;27(2):570-9.
doi: 10.1016/j.tiv.2012.10.017. Epub 2012 Nov 6.
The role of mitochondria and biotransformation in abamectin-induced cytotoxicity in isolated rat hepatocytes
Marcos A Maioli 1 , Hyllana C D de Medeiros, Marieli Guelfi, Vitor Trinca, Flávia T V Pereira, Fábio E Mingatto
Free article
Abstract
Abamectin (ABA), which belongs to the family of avermectins, is used as a parasiticide; however, ABA poisoning can impair liver function. In a previous study using isolated rat liver mitochondria, we observed that ABA inhibited the activity of adenine nucleotide translocator and FoF1-ATPase. The aim of this study was to characterize the mechanism of ABA toxicity in isolated rat hepatocytes and to evaluate whether this effect is dependent on its metabolism. The toxicity of ABA was assessed by monitoring oxygen consumption and mitochondrial membrane potential, intracellular ATP concentration, cell viability, intracellular Ca(2+) homeostasis, release of cytochrome c, caspase 3 activity and necrotic cell death. ABA reduces cellular respiration in cells energized with glutamate and malate or succinate. The hepatocytes that were previously incubated with proadifen, a cytochrome P450 inhibitor, are more sensitive to the compound as observed by a rapid decrease in the mitochondrial membrane potential accompanied by reductions in ATP concentration and cell viability and a disruption of intracellular Ca(2+) homeostasis followed by necrosis. Our results indicate that ABA biotransformation reduces its toxicity, and its toxic action is related to the inhibition of mitochondrial activity, which leads to decreased synthesis of ATP followed by cell death.
Copyright © 2012 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.

Tsitol Genet. Sep-Oct 2011;45(5):58-64.
[Avermectin effects on ultrastructure characteristics of the loach embryos]
[Article in Ukrainian]
S M Mandzynets, O R Kulachkovskyĭ, M V Bura
No abstract available

Chemosphere. 2013 Nov;93(10):2528-34.
doi: 10.1016/j.chemosphere.2013.09.058. Epub 2013 Oct 14.
Avermectin induced inflammation damage in king pigeon brain
Li-Jie Chen 1 , Bao-Hong Sun, Jian Ping Qu, Shiwen Xu, Shu Li
To determine the effect of Avermectin (AVM) on inflammation damage in king pigeon brain, eighty two-month-old American king pigeons were randomly divided into four groups, and were fed with either commercial diet or AVM-supplemented diet containing 20 mg kg(-1)diet, 40 mg kg(-1)diet, and 60 mg kg(-1)diet AVM for 30, 60 and 90 d, respectively. Then, the expression level of inflammatory factors (iNOS, PTGEs, NF-κB), histological damage, and ultra-structural damage were examined. It showed that AVM caused higher expressions (P<0.05) of iNOS, PTGEs, NF-κB with disorganized histological and ultra-structural structures in cerebrum, cerebellum, and optic lobe. Meanwhile, inflammatory and histopathological damage were induced by AVM in king pigeon brains. In addition, the main targeted organelle in nervous system was mitochondria, which indicated that mitochondria may be relevant to the process of inflammation induced by AVM. To our best knowledge, this is the first report to study the toxic effect of AVM on inflammatory damage in king pigeon. Thus, the information presented in this study is believed to be helpful in supplementing data for further AVM toxicity study.
Keywords: Avermectin; Brain; Inflammatory damage; King pigeon.
Copyright © 2013 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.

Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2013 Dec;98:74-81.
doi: 10.1016/j.ecoenv.2013.09.021. Epub 2013 Oct 15.
Avermectin induced liver injury in pigeon: mechanisms of apoptosis and oxidative stress
Wen-Jun Zhu 1 , Ming Li, Ci Liu, Jian-Ping Qu, Ya-Hong Min, Shi-Wen Xu, Shu Li
Extensive use of avermectin (AVM) can result in environment pollution, and it is important to evaluate the potential impact this antibiotic has on ecological systems. Few published literatures have discussed the liver injury mechanisms induced by AVM on birds. In this study, pigeons were exposed to feed containing AVM (0, 20, 40 and 60 mg/kg diet) for 30, 60, 90 days respectively. The results showed that AVM increased the number of apoptosis and the expression level of caspase-3, 8, fas mRNA in the liver of pigeons. Ultrastructural alterations, including mitochondrial damage and chromatin aggregation, become severe with increase exposure dose. Exposure to AVM induced significant changes in antioxidant enzyme {superoxide dismutase (SOD) and glutathione peroxidase (GSH-Px)} activities and malondialdehyde (MDA) content, augmented protein carbonyl (PCO) content and DNA-protein crosslink (DPC) coefficient, in a concentration-dependent manner in the liver of pigeons. Our results show that AVM has toxic effect in pigeon liver, and the mechanism of injury caused by AVM is closely related to apoptosis and oxidative stress.
Keywords: 2,4-dinitrophenylhydrazine; AVM; Apoptosis; Avermectin; DNA–protein crosslinks; DNPH; DPC; EDTA; FasL; GSH-Px; Liver; MDA; Oxidative stress; PCO; Pigeon; ROS; SOD; ethylenediamine tetraacetic acid; fas ligand; glutathione peroxidase; malondialdehyde; protein carbonyl; reactive oxygen species; superoxide dismutase.
© 2013 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.

Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2021 Jun 1;215:112129.
doi: 10.1016/j.ecoenv.2021.112129. Epub 2021 Mar 16.
Avermectin induced DNA damage to the apoptosis and autophagy in human lung epithelial A549 cells
Lin Diao 1 , Ning Tang 1 , Cheng Zhang 2 , Jiagao Cheng 1 , Zhenhai Zhang 1 , Siyu Wang 1 , Can Wu 1 , Lutong Zhang 1 , Liming Tao 1 , Zhong Li 1 , Yang Zhang 3
Free article
Abstract
Avermectin (AVM), as a biological insecticide, is widely used in agriculture and forestry production globally. However, inhalation of AVM may pose a risk, and the lung is the direct target, but the cytotoxicity of AVM on human lung cells is still unclear. Here, we attempted to elucidate the cytotoxic effect and molecular mechanism of AVM on human lung A549 cells. The results indicated that AVM inhibits cell proliferation, and enhances programmed cell death (apoptosis and autophagy). In addition, we found the AVM-treated cells showed an obvious drop in mitochondrial membrane potential and LC3-I/II, increased ROS production, DNA double-strand breaks, caspase-3/9 activated, PARP cleaved, cytochrome c and Bax/Bcl-2 content rise. The results showed that AVM induced mitochondria-related apoptosis and autophagy in lung A549 cells. These results indicate that AVM can pose a potential threat to human health by inducing DNA damage and programmed cell death.
Keywords: Avermectin; Cytotoxicity; DNA damage; Human A549 cells; Programmed cell death.
Copyright © 2021 The Authors. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.

Methods Cell Biol. 2021;165:153-161.
doi: 10.1016/bs.mcb.2020.10.010. Epub 2020 Nov 18.
Monitoring selective autophagy of mitochondria using super-resolution microscopy
Ziyue Li 1 , Nicholas T Ktistakis 2
Selective elimination of damaged mitochondria via macroautophagy (mitophagy) is a conserved cellular process that plays an important role in organismal health. In recent years mitophagy has been studied in parallel to the more general, non-selective autophagy pathway induced in response to amino acid starvation with important similarities and differences noted between the two. The elaborate sequence of membrane rearrangements that give rise to autophagosomes in the non-selective pathway have their counterpart in mitophagy, but with the addition of other factors, such as a ubiquitin mark and mitophagy receptors, which mediate cargo recognition. In some types of mitophagy such as the one induced by ivermectin, the forming autophagosomal structure contains six different elements: the targeted mitochondrial fragment, a section of endoplasmic reticulum that provides a cradle, a ubiquitin layer, the mitophagy receptors and the early and late autophagosomal proteins/membranes. Super-resolution microscopy is ideally suited to investigate the spatial relationships between these elements that converge together but retain some distinctive localization, and we provide here a general protocol that can be used for mammalian cells.
Keywords: Autophagy; Endoplasmic reticulum; Ivermectin; Mitochondria; Mitophagy; Structured illumination microscopy.

PS: Seems to make unfavorable changes to cells like HQC, hence my caution in using things that push the physiology in the wrong direction and rather use the safe things that encourage proper oxidative metabolism

Perry Staltic

Still a pharma drug. Cannot be without side effects. And those drugs used as prescription medication only end up causing the need for more and more drugs. Start one and if you live long enough, your health will definitely not prosper, as you are addicted to a cocktail of a dozen drugs.

All prescription maintenance medication are gateway drugs. Ivermectin is no exception.

So is aspirin. IVM is OTC in numerous countries, and should be in the US. Safer than aspirin and many OTCs.

yerrag

So is aspirin. IVM is OTC in numerous countries, and should be in the US. Safer than aspirin and many OTCs.
I suppose I can extract IVM from the bark of a tree when I run out, just as when I run out of aspirin.

Nice equivalence.

Perry Staltic

I suppose I can extract IVM from the bark of a tree when I run out, just as when I run out of aspirin.

Nice equivalence.

Willow bark and aspirin are not the same. Aspirin is a pharmaceutical just like HCQ is (another bark derivative). It's a molecule that was originally synthesized from waste coal tar.

yerrag

Willow bark and aspirin are not the same. Aspirin is a pharmaceutical just like HCQ is (another bark derivative). It's a molecule that was originally synthesized from waste coal tar.
Just as naked me and clothed me are not the same.

All I can say is that I took a lot of Ivermectin off and on for a year - the only horrifying part about it ( in my experience ) is seeing 3 ft tapeworms/ roundworms come out of you from having a nice sushi habit ( or eating awesome street Tacos from trucks or lots of trips to India or whatever ) I am not one of those parasitosis weirdos but I do think that parasites are one of the most neglected and misdiagnosed things out there especially in the USA where " we don't have them ". I would say grab a tube of horse wormer- follow the correct dosage and see what happens. As soon as anymore makes a connection to Covid , parasites and Lyme - I will have a braingasm.

Tre

So it's better to not use evermectin if you catch covid go to the hospital, once you can't breath, have them do nothing but give you oxygen then if that doesn't work put you on a ventilator where you have a 90% chance of dying. Vs taking 5 days of evermectin, killing the virus and being well. Oh yeah I'd rather die unconscious on a ventilator.
Well said

TurboTime

Imagine the reverse-reverse psychology in play if the globalist de-pop agenda was to get people to take ivermectin. That's real 4D chess
It actually seems pretty obvious to me that ivermectin is the controlled opposition. All the "push back" from mainstream media wouldn't happen if they didn't want you to hear about it.

yerrag

I hope no one feels that we need to frame this as a matter of being George W. Bush, who used "if you're not with us, you're against us" to bring the country into 2 decades of war in Afghanistan.

If it's between using IVM and taking the vaccines, IVM is a life-saver and does not make people into experimental subjects.

If it's between taking IVM as a prophylactic or a preventive, and if you pretend that IVM is an injection, you would be less likely to take IVM because it would make you realize how much less it differs from taking a vaccine. Will you be continually taking IVM regularly for as ong as the COVID hoax is in effect?

Yes, but it's an insurance policy, you may argue. But so is taking a vaccine, isn't it? You can argue IVM is safer, and you'd be right.

But what if you don't take IVM and rely on keeping yourself healthy so your immune system can be depended on to protect you? But sorry to say, try saying it to people and all you get is a yawn. No one is interested in learning about it. This is my personal experience. People like a one-time event rather than to practice a lifestyle. So, it's vaccination or IVM.

I bought IVM and gave it to my family members whom I know think like most people. But I don't keep it in stock. I am secure in the knowledge that as long as I continue to practice the lifestyle I had in the past twenty years, I would need not fear getting sick. Having a strong immune system did not come naturally to me. Before, I was having flu once or twice a year. I conquered it, and it is not by vaccination and it's not by taking prophylactics. It's doing the right things, mostly nutritionally.

Of course, I'm not telling everyone not to use IVM. But what I'm saying is you should know yourself, and if you truly believe you have a strong immune system, you can be confident in relying on your natural immunity to protect you. You can keep IVM on hand, but you don't have to rely on it as a prophylactic. In the off-chance you come down with something you suspect to be COVID, you have enough time to use IVM to help you. But if you really have a poor immune system, you can decide to take IVM as a prophylactic. But let's not delude ourselves to thinking it has no side-effects. It is a pharma drug, after all. You have to weigh the benefits of taking it versus the risk, and the benefits must be higher than the risk.

Perry Staltic

Having a strong immune system did not come naturally to me. Before, I was having flu once or twice a year. I conquered it, and it is not by vaccination and it's not by taking prophylactics. It's doing the right things, mostly nutritionally.

Good nutrition is prophylaxis.

Mossy

Ok, finally ordered a tube of horse paste. If I start to neigh or whinny, I'll know it's working.

Mossy

Ok, finally ordered a tube of horse paste. If I start to neigh or whinny, I'll know it's working.
The seller just cancelled the order. The FDA looms large I see.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals