Sore Throat/Migraine

sladerunner69

Hope everyone is doing well.

Because I'm sure not. Terrible sore throat accompanied by earaches, brain fog, and a minor headache.

I rarely ever get sick but I was forced to pull an all nighter for my studies, and the enxt morning I felt the sore throat coming on. Now it's just so brutal... I can't even swallow!

I've been taking extra zinc and aspirin but what would help directly combat the pain in my throat? I'm thinking about going to the doc for sore throat spray...

Rivka

Vit A, larger dose of aspirin, anything to keep the gut clean like charcoal, antibiotics

I find large amounts of d and a and some ascorbate and e help stop this type of thing or sp Ed up its resolution. 50000 units of d and a three times often kill it.

OP
sladerunner69

sladerunner69

Good suggestions above.

Gargling a saline solution sometimes brings immediate relieve.

Maybe a nasal douche with a saline solution, red light and a gentle massage of the acupressure points in the face?

I've been gargling with salt/lemon water but it doesn't do much if anyhting. I need something stronger.... this is a real strong infection

PakPik

Niacinamide has antiviral antifungal and antibacterial properties. It also is prevents endotoxin/shock kind of issues, and is a great antiinflammatory. It may be worth trying if you tolerate it. Perhaps even try gargling a weak solution (say 5%).
Honey can be very soothing to the harmed oral mucosa.
I also second the aspirin suggestion, or even alka selzter, if tolerated. It also is antiviral, antifungal, antibacterial, antiendotoxin, and of course anti inflammatory.
Hope you get some relief!

tara

How's your temperature?
I'll add to the suggestions above:
Rest, keep warm, drink regularly, only eat to appetite, not force-feeding.
Consider possibly extra carrot salad or activated charcoal, maybe MB, maybe garlic?
The last few times I've had the mild beginnings of a sore throat I gargled a little zinc (eg 10mg) in water in the evening and woke up OK.

OP
sladerunner69

sladerunner69

How's your temperature?
I'll add to the suggestions above:
Rest, keep warm, drink regularly, only eat to appetite, not force-feeding.
Consider possibly extra carrot salad or activated charcoal, maybe MB, maybe garlic?
The last few times I've had the mild beginnings of a sore throat I gargled a little zinc (eg 10mg) in water in the evening and woke up OK.

My temperature wa low, 97 degrees. I've been taking loads of spirin, it seems to be the only thing that can relieve the pain in my throat. I have to take 3x325mg pills tho. And the relief only lasts for about 2 hours. I've had about 4 grams already today and Im trying to go to bed and my throat is KILLING the BEJEEZUS out of me! Should I be worried about aspirin voerdose? I think I'll try a couole of tylenol instead, even if Peat recommend against regular usage of acetometiphen.

I also started antibiotics today, in the form of acexyllin (spelled wrong idk) which i am unfamiliar with. I am also using sore throat spray and lozenges with zinc. Damn it still aches tho!!

OP
sladerunner69

sladerunner69

Niacinamide has antiviral antifungal and antibacterial properties. It also is prevents endotoxin/shock kind of issues, and is a great antiinflammatory. It may be worth trying if you tolerate it. Perhaps even try gargling a weak solution (say 5%).
Honey can be very soothing to the harmed oral mucosa.
I also second the aspirin suggestion, or even alka selzter, if tolerated. It also is antiviral, antifungal, antibacterial, antiendotoxin, and of course anti inflammatory.
Hope you get some relief!
I have niacinimide i try to take a 500mg cap every morning. The stuff makes me feel pretty wired though. Racing thoughts, fast heart rate, inability to focus my eyes on one spot. I don't want to take it again right now,

tara

Sorry you are suffering.

Should I be worried about aspirin voerdose?
Some people have trouble with taking a lot of aspirin. I think Peat has talked about there sometimes being a case for taking several grams a day for a period for specific purposes (not for everyone for everyday).
The things I'm aware of that people here have said can mitigate some of the hazards of aspirin are:
Vit-K against excessive bleeding.
Dissolving the aspirin with some bicarb of soda, which changes it chemically (and may make it easier on the gut?)
Taking glycine with it - also for the gut's sake.

I wonder whether lots of aspirin is interefering with you being able to run a decent temperature to fight of the infection?

If you decide take acetometiphen, I wouldn't exceed the recommended dose.

tara

OP
sladerunner69

sladerunner69

There are other sources, but some of us have used Haidut's formulation: Oxidal - Liquid Dietary Supplement For Oxidation Support

Well, for instance yesterday I took about4-5 grams aspirin spread out through the day. I don't have a headache or stomach ache or bloody vomit or anything. I went through that back in 2013 when I first started taking aspirin, now I've been taking at east a gram everyday for a couple years. I guess my tolerance is pretty high for it.

That's an interesting point about it maybe interferring with a fever... Do you think a higher temperature is a necessary factor for the antibodies to work properly and eradicate pathogens? Wouldn't my antibodies be able to perform their duty at any temperature? I'm not very knowledgeable in this territory...

in some people high doses of aspirin cause tinnitus. I suppose this goes away. But you never know.

Make sure you get enough vitamin K2.

I find gelatin with aspirin REALLY helps against gut upset, if you have any of that.

tara

That's an interesting point about it maybe interferring with a fever... Do you think a higher temperature is a necessary factor for the antibodies to work properly and eradicate pathogens? Wouldn't my antibodies be able to perform their duty at any temperature? I'm not very knowledgeable in this territory...
Can't say I'm knowledgable on this either. Just that I'd accepted the usual explanation that fever helps the body fight infection. Many biochemical reactions do work best in particular narrow temperature ranges. That's why maintaining normal body temperature is important for us warm-blooded animals, and why hypothermia (or hyperthermia) can be a killer.

OP
sladerunner69

sladerunner69

in some people high doses of aspirin cause tinnitus. I suppose this goes away. But you never know.

Make sure you get enough vitamin K2.

I find gelatin with aspirin REALLY helps against gut upset, if you have any of that.

Actually I have quite an earache as well. But I assumed this was just part of my infection. Is my ear pain from tinnitus? Is tinnitus painful or just ringing? I have mild ringing in my ears but could that be the cause of pain?

tara

Actually I have quite an earache as well. But I assumed this was just part of my infection. Is my ear pain from tinnitus? Is tinnitus painful or just ringing? I have mild ringing in my ears but could that be the cause of pain?
I've not heard of tinnitus being pain, just noise. I'd guess it's the infection causing pain.

Dayman

how is it doing today?
you can buy MB at the pet store, for aquariums if you want to try it.
hopefully the antibiotic will kick in and sort it out.
I got maybe something similar with a sore throat, fevers, and severe lethargy at uni.
It sucked and my flatmates were partying and I had to sit it out for almost 2 weeks.
I got fed up one night and had a special brownie. The throat pain was gone the next morning.
I didn't bother getting antibiotics but I wish I had straight away.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals