Small Infected Ulcer

walker_in_aus

Hello,

I have had a small tear in between my rectum and my coccyx which occured due to chafing nearly aix months ago. It did not heal. I tried to keep it dry by a hair dryer after showering, I thought it had gone away as there was no more bleeding, but during a routine pelvic exam a doctor told me it was a small ulcer. I worked on keeping it dry after showering, and tried zinc cream. Another doctor tried to silver nitrate it closed. Several.months on and about a week before an overseas trip, it began exuding a lot of fluids, and was infected. I tried an antibacterial cream, made it worse. In Italy I saw another doctor who told me the cream was keeping it too wet and gave me gauze and a dry anti iotic spray. It didn't get worse but it didn't improve. I got proper ulcer dressings from a pharmacist in France, meant to accelerate healing, no luck. I'm in Spain now, it's definitely a bit deeper and has been bleeding.

It's only about 1cm in diameter. It's not comfortable to sit now (disaater on an overseas trip). I'm starting to wonder what I would even do next and weather I should try to go home, get some kind of minor surgery and come back in a few months (would ruin everything but I'm getting more.concerned).

I've had it checked ALOT and confirmed it's skin deep only, not a pliodonal cysts or a fistula drain. I tried sugar in it for two days but I think it made it bleed again.

Is this something I should be very concerned about, does anyone have any advice? Like if it just manage it with gauze and antiseptic spray (so far not doing anything) am I going to be in real trouble down the track? I will go to another doctor here soon but the language barrier is hard.

Thanks,
Maddy

Peatful

Hi Maddy

Several things:

Are you diabetic?
Is your blood sugar high?

Have you tried a colloidal silver gel?

Have you heard of tegaderm film?
Its a fine thin transparent dressing.

I would tend to this sore wisely.
From what I said, the tegaderm is a great option.

OP
walker_in_aus

walker_in_aus

I am not diabetic that I know of, no. I know there are issues with blood supply to the area. Havent tested my.blood sugar though!

Tegaderm might be hard to come by, unless I go to a hospital. I wouldn't even know where to get colloidal silver and I haven't tried it.

Peatful

A13E0313-CA74-4DC1-B44D-C085EA8CEE1D.png
Regarding Tegaderm: Walmart Target and Amazon all have commercial brand stuff vs hospital grade.
Also, an MD could easily give you a sheet which would last many applications.
Yes colloidal silver gel would be harder to come by if no Amazon

Blossom

Forum Supporter
If you could rinse it with sterile normal saline and pat it dry with sterile gauze before covering it with tegaderm that should help too.
My mom healed a decubitus ulcer (bed sore) at home on her own using this: Terrasil® Skin Repair
Some of the ingredients are not Peat friendly. It does work amazingly well though. She bought it from amazon.
She didn't want to go to the hospital because she is afraid of being exposed to infectious disease as she is already weakened from end stage COPD.
Extra protein (collagen) and vitamin C are often given to patients hospitalized for wounds.

Last edited:

Blossom

Forum Supporter
You could also try packing it with urea crystals, granulated sugar or honey.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I was talking to @Travis in another thread about bromelain enzyme. Pre-Peat I took bromelain orally post op and it healed my surgical incision rapidly. The results were so dramatic that the surgeon commented on how quickly I healed at the follow up visit. Not exactly the same as an ulcer I know but it may be another avenue to explore.

fradon

how about a paste of cayenne pepper. it should bring blood to that area and it also helps with bleeding.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals