Thiroyd From Thailand Concern

Bernie

I have been taking thioyd for about a week. I was taking NDt from Australia but it has become so expensive. I read though, to be careful as some NDT products from overseas, including Thailand could have very small doses of speed [amphetamine] in them. I tried to find where I saw this, but can't see it.

I was on 80mg before, and on this Thiroyd a week in, I am on 60mg with half around 6am and half at lunch, swallowing it with water I cant sleep. It's been two days like this now.

I wake with dry mouth, and manage to get through the day because of this new NDT.

has any one else had trouble with sleeping. The first few days i was taking one in the morning for a few days sublingually, felt great, slept for a few hours. But then one night woke with bad dreams, and much anxiety, hence why splitting my dose now. I was taking it sublingually.

any thoughts.
the tab is white, with that sweetish taste, bought from pp prod. The company has been very helpful with my questions on how to take them.

I also have headache and bit of nausea, but not as bad right now as it has been.

I was going to increase the dose, but all round a bit nervous about this whole thing now.

thanks

OP
B

Bernie

please note: I have noticed that I feel some positive things like energy for the day. My chest feels clearer.

But have frequent trips to toilet esp at night, around 5 or 6 times.
Although I also have tingling in my foot, feels like my neck near thyroid gland on one side is a little sore.

in the morning I have also felt jittery, weak legs, and the dizziness which started when I was on 60mg dose taken in the morning, sublingually, has stopped since I split the dose

I would have thought NDT doses would be similar between produces.

Peater

I haven't noticed any of these issues and have been taking Thyroid-S for about a month now. In fact I napped for 3 hours earlier after a long week at work.

Pointless

I take Thiroyd and get adrenaline symptoms with certain doses and circumstances. Loose stools, body rushes, frequent urination, anxiety. This is common with thyroid and means you need to increase dose more slowly, increase calories, take something to deal with the stress, or maybe just power through it. It doesn't feel anything like amphetamines.

sele

I would have thought NDT doses would be similar between produces.
Amount of T4 and T3 in NDTs vary from brand to brand.

I was on 80mg before, and on this Thiroyd a week in, I am on 60mg with half around 6am and half at lunch, swallowing it with water I cant sleep. It's been two days like this now.
I hope your taking these after meals containing plenty of carbs.

OP
B

Bernie

I take Thiroyd and get adrenaline symptoms with certain doses and circumstances. Loose stools, body rushes, frequent urination, anxiety. This is common with thyroid and means you need to increase dose more slowly, increase calories, take something to deal with the stress, or maybe just power through it. It doesn't feel anything like amphetamines.

thanks, I will get something for the cortisol side of things, aka, stress. And I will take tabs down by half tab and increase slowly. I am assuming because of the way Thiroyd is made, easier to digest, this could affect it too?

Amount of T4 and T3 in NDTs vary from brand to brand.

I hope your taking these after meals containing plenty of carbs.

I thought these were suppose to be taken 60min before meals? And why plenty of carbs? I was keeping the carbs a little lower and eating more protein to try to help the Hashimotos. I didn't do well on synthetic, always tired, and I'm trying to keep my iron up to help symptoms to.

I am appreciating your help!!! I get a lovely sense of calm over my body every now and then. And it's nice to be able to take deeper breaths....

sele

I thought these were suppose to be taken 60min before meals? And why plenty of carbs? I was keeping the carbs a little lower and eating more protein to try to help the Hashimotos. I didn't do well on synthetic, always tired, and I'm trying to keep my iron up to help symptoms to.

I am appreciating your help!!! I get a lovely sense of calm over my body every now and then. And it's nice to be able to take deeper breaths...
Thyroid increases demand for glucose. If taken without carbs/sugar, your stress hormones will go up and you will have problem sleeping and end up being tired.
RP suggests nibbling on thyroid throughout the day instead of taking in large doses. And always with food.
Eating more protein is always good but should be balanced with enough sugar to avoid blood glucose drops.
Having suffered Hashimoto's myself, I would suggest on lowering estrogen.
Do not take iron supps.

OP
B

Bernie

Thyroid increases demand for glucose. If taken without carbs/sugar, your stress hormones will go up and you will have problem sleeping and end up being tired.
RP suggests nibbling on thyroid throughout the day instead of taking in large doses. And always with food.
Eating more protein is always good but should be balanced with enough sugar to avoid blood glucose drops.
Having suffered Hashimoto's myself, I would suggest on lowering estrogen.
Do not take iron supps.

thanks Sele. I am lowering Estrogen, thanks. I understand the sugar help is part of RP suggestion for OJ. So iron is out if taking small doses of thiroyd because it binds it? Better to get it naturally! Otherwise, I could take it outside a 4hr window? Mine drops and it is always suggested for me to get ferretin up.

what a journey this is. I took 1/4 tab this morning, ate a plum soon after, then breaky, feeling ok even with lack of sleep.

sele

thanks Sele. I am lowering Estrogen, thanks. I understand the sugar help is part of RP suggestion for OJ. So iron is out if taking small doses of thiroyd because it binds it? Better to get it naturally! Otherwise, I could take it outside a 4hr window? Mine drops and it is always suggested for me to get ferretin up.

what a journey this is. I took 1/4 tab this morning, ate a plum soon after, then breaky, feeling ok even with lack of sleep.
Iron (from food or supps) is very reactive and creates free radicals that damage our cells. You can read about iron here.
Most people with hypo have low ferritin.
Test transferrin saturation along with ferritin to get actual iron levels.
I would eat a plum, wait 30 min, then nibble on thyroid.

131gr

Can anyone tell me the best place to get Thiroyd? I got it from Amazon about 5 years ago, but it isn't available there any more.

sugarandspice217

Has anyone ordered from pimpom products recently? I ordered last week from them and haven’t heard anything despite sending multiple emails.

ken

x2 THIROYD Hormone 1000 TABS 100% Natural Desiccated Thyroid Free Shipping . I ordered this the other day, probably 10 days ago on ebay. they wern't asking much for it. hasn't come yet. Supposedly on slow mail from Thailand.