Side Effects Of Too Much Serotonin

M

member 6316

I wanna make a thread and list all the side effects of too much serotonin in the body so anyone can see if they have it..

I will start:

-Fatigue
-Depression
-Social Anxiety/high anxiety, panic
-Stupid (yes high serotonin does make you stupid)
-Difficult to concentrate
-Loss of balance
-No feelings
-Don´t enjoy anything
-No motivation to do anything
-Bored all the time
-Sweat easily/get warm fast
-Headaches
-Angry fast/irritated
-Sensitive to noise
-High pain threshold
-noncompetitive in sports or games
-food/chemical sensitivities
- high musical or artistic ability
-underachievement
-sleep disorders
-low libido
-paranoia
-head and neck pain
-tendency to ruminate on thoughts
-state of confusion
-Creativity
-Heavy body hair
-pacing or constant movement
-sensitive type
-overreact to life experiences
-hyperactivity
-belief that everyone thinks ill of them
-dry eyes and mouth
-nervous legs, pacing
-tendency to be overweight
-low testosterone
-OCD
-Dizzy/nauseas

Last edited by a moderator:

Aidin91

I have most of them, but I do have exact opposite of these
  • low libido
  • Heavy body hair
  • Creativity
and I also want to add these
  • shyness, social withdrawal
  • hair loss
  • IBS
  • psoriasis

Constatine

Migraines!
Sensitivity to light
Lack of situational awareness
Cold methodical thinking and lack of spirituality.
Feeling stuck in one's own head.

lampofred

Agree with everything except the artistic ability

Serotonin imo draws you to art but doesn't necessarily make you good at it. Dopamine is the opposite

Dobbler

I wanna make a thread and list all the side effects of too much serotonin in the body so anyone can see if they have it..

I will start:

-Fatigue
-Depression
-Social Anxiety/high anxiety, panic
-Stupid (yes high serotonin does make you stupid)
-Difficult to concentrate
-Loss of balance
-No feelings
-Don´t enjoy anything
-No motivation to do anything
-Bored all the time
-Sweat easily/get warm fast
-Headaches
-Angry fast/irritated
-Sensitive to noise
-High pain threshold
-noncompetitive in sports or games
-food/chemical sensitivities
- high musical or artistic ability
-underachievement
-sleep disorders
-low libido
-paranoia
-head and neck pain
-tendency to ruminate on thoughts
-state of confusion
-Creativity
-Heavy body hair
-pacing or constant movement
-sensitive type
-overreact to life experiences
-hyperactivity
-belief that everyone thinks ill of them
-dry eyes and mouth
-nervous legs, pacing
-tendency to be overweight
-low testosterone
-OCD

Its pretty sad that you just described all my symptoms of everyday life :(
Maybe someday we are free...

OP
M

member 6316

many people say Cyproheptadine works well to reduce serotonin , im trying it out soon.

lampofred

You found Ray Peat... You're ahead of 90% of everyone else who suffers from the same issues

Djukami

You found Ray Peat... You're ahead of 90% of everyone else who suffers from the same issues
Easier said than done.
Doing things alone in this state of learned helpless, people are more likely to wreck even more their body than heal it. People are so desperate and stressed that they try things without having any clue what they are doing.
It's a loop: I can't do anything. To do something I must feel capable of doing it (brain fog just wrecks my pace when I am reading something, for example. I have to reread a lot). To feel good I must try something. To try something I must know what I am doing. To know what I am doing I must do something (reading lots, infinite information about health and nutrition, feels like impossible reading so slowly). But I can't do anything. To do something (...) and so on.
Even you lampofred, I'm sorry, but just look how your progress went from so blissful and thankful in the beginning and lastly you were just blaming everything. You are an example of how most stories end unsuccessfully. And that scares me a lot, to be honest.
Seriously, I don't even know if you really believe in your own words. You are smarter than that. And you know that the whole picture is more complicated than it seems.

But this is just me talking cautiously. I am very aware of my own ignorance. Or perhaps I just don't have balls or I lost them when I tried doing something to solve my issues.

P.S.: damn I sound so pessimistic, lol.

Last edited:

lampofred

Easier said than done.
Doing things alone in this state of learned helpless, people are more likely to wreck even more their body than heal it. People are so desperate that they try things without having any clue what they are doing.
It's a loop: I can't do anything. To do something I must feel capable of doing it (brain fog just wrecks my pace when I am reading something, for example. I have to reread a lot). To feel good I must try something. To try something I must know what I am doing. To know what I am doing I must do something (reading lots, infinite information about health and nutrition, feels like impossible reading so slowly). But I can't do anything. To do something (...) and so on.
Even you lampofred, I'm sorry, but just look how your progress went from so blissful and thankful in the beginning and lastly you were just blaming everything. You are an example of how most stories end unsuccessfully. And that scares me a lot, to be honest.
Seriously, I don't even know if you really believe in your own words. You know that the whole picture is more complicated than it seems.

But this is just me talking cautiously. I am very aware of my own ignorance.

Stuff like serotonin and dopamine is so fundamental to your body that stuff like supplements/specific diets will do very little to change your neurotransmitter status relative to what optimism and a lifestyle change can do. A large portion of stress is purely mental.

And unsuccessful? The reason I started Ray Peat was to fix my hair loss which I did. Yeah, I had other issues recently, but overall the net change was positive. It's impossible for anything to be fully positive 100% of the time, but Ray Peat has come closer to that ideal than anything else, which is why I'm still on here

Watson350

So very creative people have High serotonin levels, bipolar etc? So is there a tradeoff in brilliant creativity with lowering serotonin?

lampofred

So very creative people have High serotonin levels, bipolar etc? So is there a tradeoff in brilliant creativity with lowering serotonin?

It's the total opposite

High creativity and artistic ability = high dopamine. Dopamine makes you emotionally intense and volatile whereas serotonin numbs you

Watson350

So you
It's the total opposite

High creativity and artistic ability = high dopamine. Dopamine makes you emotionally intense and volatile whereas serotonin numbs you
So you can have low serotonin and high dopamine and be in the bipolar/add highly creative sphere but otherwise have good thyroid function and metabolism?

Djukami

Stuff like serotonin and dopamine is so fundamental to your body that stuff like supplements/specific diets will do very little to change your neurotransmitter status relative to what optimism and a lifestyle change can do.

And unsuccessful? The reason I started Ray Peat was to fix my hair loss which I did. Yeah, I had other issues recently, but overall the net change was positive. It's impossible for anything to be fully positive 100% of the time, but Ray Peat has come closer to that ideal than anything else, which is why I'm still on here
Ok, not completely unsuccessful. But then, just bring again that optimistic and happiness state please :P

It seems lots of people improve in some parameters, but, unfortunately, there is always a trade off. The way you were talking having sluggish mind and other symptoms, you really seemed that you were ending up worst than before, which, unfortunately, happens not only here but also in some other treatments/protocols.

OP
M

member 6316

Dilated pupils
Goose bumps
High blood pressure
Hypomania
Mania
Rapid heart rate
Relaxation
Shivering
Restlessness

High body temperature
Eye Strain

Last edited by a moderator:

JDreamer

It's the total opposite

This explains a lot.

I've been wandering through life these last 10 years or so feeling apathetic and anhedonia about pretty much everything. Starting to turn a corner though - noting pleasurable experiences, feelings, and desires that have been AWOL. I don't know if it has anything to do with the dosing of L-Tyrosine I'm taking or not, but I'm slowly starting to turn a corner. I read that it can help with dopamine in serotonin-dominant people.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom