Shijalit, Possible Serotonin Antagonist?

Pointless

It's known to contain high levels of heavy metals. Many toxins like mercury are known to have a tonic effect. I think it needs more study, personally

OP
T

TreasureVibe

It's known to contain high levels of heavy metals. Many toxins like mercury are known to have a tonic effect. I think it needs more study, personally
Maybe an extract supplement which is clean of all contaminants would work? Some big supplement companies sell Shilajit extracts.

Pointless

It sounds fishy if you ask me. The shilajit industry is known for poor quality control, but I have no way of telling how much that is just marketing. I've tried shilajit before, and it was pretty nootropic, but nothing life-changing.

SOMO

Nobody knows what the **** Shilajit is.

Until anyone can clearly explain to me what Shilajit is and where it is sourced from, I would not suggest taking this unregulated MYSTERY supplement.

Not a trick question, is Shilajit?:
-Tar from in between mountainous rocks?
-Tar from a cactus-like plant ?
-Other decomposing matter like oil/tar?

There's no correct answer, but I've read about it and the source of Shilajit is unclear.

The Presence of Humic and Fulvic acid indicates Shilajit is at least partly just soil/dirt. You're better off buying some organic farming soil and eating a spoonful of that or getting a fulvic/humic supplement.

I'll repost it here, but Shilajit is the ONLY supplement that ever gave me hives.

Shilajit, Fulvic & Humic Acid, Zeolite: Use & Shopping

Sorry for bumping this slightly old topic, but I wanted to add my n=1 anecdote.
I'm one of the few that had a NEGATIVE EXPERIENCE WITH SHILAJIT.
I tried many supplements over the years, and have taken many since Shilajit and never had a similar reaction to another supplement.

Shilajit is the ONLY "supplement" that ever gave me visibly swollen, red HIVES.
I just chalked it up to a "Detox" effect :):rolleyes:), but it was scary regardless. I have never had hives before that or since that.
HIVES-GRAPHIC.jpg

The hives looked identical to that and subsided after maybe an hour.

Whatever Shilajit does it's powerful and possibly a potent allergen, even though I have no allergies and am generally fine even in Spring.

Supposedly Shilajit/Fulvic+Humic Acids can clear the terrain for a healthier microbiome (by decreasing Endotoxin).
Shilajit as something one should ingest makes no sense, since Shilajit is an "ooze" or sap that is excreted on warm days between decaying organic matter between rock.

I would urge anyone to DO YOUR RESEARCH before trying Shilajit. The manufacturing of Shilajit is a big question mark, and its origins are equally shrouded in mystery. I've also heard that Shilajit = sap from a cactus-like plant.

Whatever it is, it's not necessary for optimal health.

Experienced

Nobody knows what the **** Shilajit is.

Until anyone can clearly explain to me what Shilajit is and where it is sourced from, I would not suggest taking this unregulated MYSTERY supplement.

Not a trick question, is Shilajit?:
-Tar from in between mountainous rocks?
-Tar from a cactus-like plant ?
-Other decomposing matter like oil/tar?

There's no correct answer, but I've read about it and the source of Shilajit is unclear.

The Presence of Humic and Fulvic acid indicates Shilajit is at least partly just soil/dirt. You're better off buying some organic farming soil and eating a spoonful of that or getting a fulvic/humic supplement.

I'll repost it here, but Shilajit is the ONLY supplement that ever gave me hives.

Shilajit, Fulvic & Humic Acid, Zeolite: Use & Shopping
Where was your supply from?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals