Shampoo For Hair Loss

OP
R

redlight

Im going to add in taurine + caffeine into the dr bronners peppermint... how much caffeine per 8oz?

Syncopated

The best shampoo is a recipe from all of Dr. Clark's books and that is 20 mule team borax mixed with water. This cuts grease and dirt and is non toxic to the hair follicles.

Then rinse with water and citric acid. Leave in for 1 minute and hair becomes acidic and scalp too. This results in healthy, smooth hair. Essential oils can be added for fragrance.

marteagal

Well the basic ratio I use for baking soda to water is 1 part baking soda to 3 parts water by volume (so 25% by volume is baking soda). Then just add the other ingredients according to your feeling :). In the 3oz container I mix mine in, I add 2g caffeine, 2-3g niacinamide, 2-3g taurine, and 2-3g aspirin powder.

@DrJ, thanks for this recipe. You are very creative :)

Do you think the baking soda could be replaced by a different, slightly acidic ingredient? And what would that be?

Baking soda seems to give a pH of 8.3 in case it's not affected by the other ingredients (maybe asprin would make it more acidic?).

Some years ago I had been using Aleppo soap for several months. At one point I got four or five horrible infections on my forehead. I realized too late that Aleppo soap is alkaline and that Staphylococcus aureus thrives very well in alkaline milieu. I finally got rid of the infections by literally burning them (and the skin) away with undiluted oregano oil (and vinegar).

So right now I am afraid of applying your shampoo because the alkalinity might bring back S. aureus infections for me. That's why I'm asking. Hope you don't mind.

Makaveli

Anyone have experience with sulfur or salicylic acid shampoo? I've read that it can create growth but not sure if true. My scalp itch returned after using selsun blue for a couple months

Last edited:

Waynish

@DrJ, thanks for this recipe. You are very creative :)

Do you think the baking soda could be replaced by a different, slightly acidic ingredient? And what would that be?

Baking soda seems to give a pH of 8.3 in case it's not affected by the other ingredients (maybe asprin would make it more acidic?).

Some years ago I had been using Aleppo soap for several months. At one point I got four or five horrible infections on my forehead. I realized too late that Aleppo soap is alkaline and that Staphylococcus aureus thrives very well in alkaline milieu. I finally got rid of the infections by literally burning them (and the skin) away with undiluted oregano oil (and vinegar).

So right now I am afraid of applying your shampoo because the alkalinity might bring back S. aureus infections for me. That's why I'm asking. Hope you don't mind.

You try this recipe? How are you liking it?

johnwester130

I talked about this in some other threads but Selsun blue (selenium sulfide) or any Piroctone Olamine shampoo..which outperformed all other popular hair loss ingredient out today should stop or slow down your loss. You just need to leave it on for two cycles of five-ten minutes in the shower. There is a few people on the other forums who stopped there shedding with selsun blue used daily or EOD. There are a few different mechanism which it works by but we think it's due to the inhibition of PGD2.

You could alternate with the selsun with piroctone olamine shampoo to help stimulate growth and thickness. You can also add taurine, niacinamide, aspirin, k2, CoQ10, methylene blue and caffeine to your exisinting shampoo. Just whatever you do make sure you leave it on long enough (10min/10min cycle) or else it won't work as good/get absorbed.

I think it would be cool if @haidut made a custom shampoo or topical for hair with all of the ingredients. It's hard to find good shampoos these days that are not loaded with parabens and allergens. Solban works to an extent but the concentrations seem to low for hair loss purposes but still is good. It kills my scalp itch for most of the day but towards the end of the day it comes back. I made my custom topical and loaded with a gram of taurine, caffeine (500mg) and niacinamide and it worked much much better.

I want to experiment with higher doses of pircotone olamine (more than 1%) but I can't find the raw powder anywhere. Commercial shampoos don't list the exact amount they put in either which sucks.

Day 1: selsun blue
Day 2: piroctone olamine
Day 3: selsun blue
Day 4: pircotone olamine
etc.

That should stop loss and stimulate growth/thickness.

Piroctone Olamine (it is also not anti androgenic like ketoconazole (nizoral) which I used to use for years)

Treatments > The effect of Ketoconazole and Piroctone Olamine on hair growth

In a study with 150 men who suffer from hereditary hair loss and dandruff, Ketoconazole and Piroctone Olamine were compared*. Excessive secretion of sebum, dandruff and seborrheic dermatitis are often linked with hair loss and hereditary hair loss. The 150 men received a shampoo with 1% Ketoconazole or 1% Piroctone Olamine. They had to use this shampoo 2 to 3 times per week for a duration of six months.

All treatments showed a reduction in itching and dandruff after 2 to 6 weeks. If we take a look at the effect of the treatments on various hair growth parameters, we see the following figures (in percentages):

• The severity of hair loss decreases (Ketoconazole: -17.3%, Piroctone Olamine: -16.5%)
  • The percentage of hairs in the growth phase increases (Ketoconazole 4.9%, Piroctone Olamine: 7.9%)
  • The effect on the hair diameter is increased by 5.4% with Ketoconazole and by 7.7% with Piroctone Olamine.
Thus, the study shows that Piroctone Olamine scores better in a number of areas in comparison to Ketoconazole**:
  • Compared to Ketoconazole, Piroctone Olamine ensures an increase in the number of hairs in the growth phase (anagen phase) by more than 10% in 33% of people.
  • Piroctone Olamine gives 88% of the people thicker hair, despite hereditary hair loss, whereby this is 78% with Ketoconazole.
  • If we take a look at how many people experience a significant increase (more than 10%) of the hair diameter, this is 28% with Ketoconazole and as much as 34% with Piroctone Olamine (10% larger diameter means that the hair became 20% heavier).

i found a product that is just alocohol, water camphor and pircontone olamine
it's just the active ingredient in alcohol, much better than a shampoo.
much better than nizoral in theory too.

PHILIP KINGSLEY

Flaky/Itchy Scalp Toner 250ml

Last edited:

johnwester130

interesting find

I have been revisiting the cortisol theory of hair loss,
and found that the only drugs available to block the glucocorticoid receptor are ketoconazole, and miconazole which has the advantage of not affecting the androgen receptor

you can buy miconazole in a liquid called fungoid tincture,
or castellani 20ml

lionsmane

How often do you shampoo? And do you use Nizoral? The overall shampoo concoction you use looks good.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals