REFERENCE REQUEST: The History of Insulin Sensitivity Testing

Sitaruîm

Hi all, I want to learn about the history of the methods that were used to test for insulin resistance. I want to have a full understanding of the chronology and how the methods evolved.
I will start researching by myself but help from those who know anything about the subject will surely speed the process. Thank you guys!

yerrag

I'm glad you're going on that quest. I've never thought of going into a deep dive on it, and with the COVID gaslighting we were subjected, I now view many medical theories with a lot of skepticism to the point of cynicism. And the subject of insulin sensitivity is included there.

It starts with the falsity of the idea that insulin is needed for tissues to absorb glucose, which is part of mainstream medical orthodoxy that is mired in misunderstanding, and never corrected by the medical mainstream.

As that falsehood is a pillar used to build up the idea of insulin sensitivity, it needs to be asked if that pillar crumbles, is there such a thing as insulin sensitivity in the context of which it is currently mostly used.

Badger

Hi all, I want to learn about the history of the methods that were used to test for insulin resistance. I want to have a full understanding of the chronology and how the methods evolved.
I will start researching by myself but help from those who know anything about the subject will surely speed the process. Thank you guys!

History of Insulin​

Badger

Who discovered insulin?

The Development of Insulin

The attached paper has a nice bibliography of articles to follow up on.

Attachments

• AHistoryofInsulin_mking2003.pdf
    78.6 KB · Views: 4

Badger

The Discovery of Insulin: Twenty-fifth Anniversary Edition Paperback – May 15, 2007
Amazon product ASIN 0226058999View: https://www.amazon.com/Discovery-Insulin-Twenty-fifth-Anniversary/dp/0226058999/ref=sr_1_1?crid=20KMOQH4QT0M4&keywords=the+discovery+of+insulin&qid=1669707194&s=books&sprefix=the+discovery+of+insulin%2Cstripbooks%2C105&sr=1-1

Breakthrough: Elizabeth Hughes, the Discovery of Insulin, and the Making of a Medical Miracle Paperback – October 25, 2011
Amazon product ASIN 0312611749View: https://www.amazon.com/Breakthrough-Elizabeth-Discovery-Insulin-Medical/dp/0312611749/ref=sr_1_5?crid=2OJXEIPVFG4RF&keywords=the+discovery+of+insulin&qid=1669707062&sprefix=the+discovery+of+insulin%2Caps%2C118&sr=8-5

Frederick Banting and the Amazing Discovery of Insulin Paperback – September 30, 2021
Amazon product ASIN 1777879019View: https://www.amazon.com/Frederick-Banting-Amazing-Discovery-Insulin/dp/1777879019/ref=sr_1_6?crid=2OJXEIPVFG4RF&keywords=the+discovery+of+insulin&qid=1669707062&sprefix=the+discovery+of+insulin%2Caps%2C118&sr=8-6

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals