Food And Environmental Sensitivity Testing Results

nattyjules

Hi everyone,

I had my results come back in from food sensitivity testing a couple of weeks ago, and I've followed the guidelines to eliminate / restrict these foods from my diet:

CHRONIC SENSITIVITY
All dairy
Legumes
Sodium Sulphite
Grass Pollen
Caffeinated Drinks
Citrus Fruit
Alcohol
Dust Mite
Corn (processed)
Mixed Nuts

ACUTE SENSITIVITY
Wheat (white and wholemeal flour)
Sucrose
Fructose
Cruciferous Vegetables
Tomato
Onion
Chilli
Capsicum
Shellfish
Strawberry
Mushrooms

For the last two weeks I've eliminated all of these and have been monitoring my food intake using cronometer.com. I started off around 1800 calories per day and for some reason ended up around the 1500 - 1600 mark this last week (don't know if it's because I'm monitoring my food intake that makes me more cautious)

It's been incredibly difficult to find things to eat that don't contain these foods, mostly my diet consists of meat/fish, green veggies, chia seeds, rice milk, coconut yoghurt, pea/rice protein, rice, quinoa etc.

My current supplementation is:
T3 (tertroxin) 40mg per day split into 3 doses (trying to follow a circadian rhythm - I think I have tissue resistance, used to take T4 but switched to T3 only 2 months ago)
Magnesium
Iron
Estroblock (Triple Strength, one per day)
Glutamine
20mg progesterone cream in the evenings

I've just had to stop taking agnus castus (vitex) - even though the naturopath recommended it - because after about two weeks my acne started to get worse. I also attempted to take an adrenal cortex supplement but this elevated my heart rate too high (most days averaged around 87bpm, it felt like it was pounding) even though it raised my BBT to 97.5 most mornings (apart from cyclical dips).

This morning my BBT was 96.81 (day 11 of my cycle) - the lowest it has been in a couple of months. I also feel more tired, lethargic and depressed in this last week of eliminating these 'problem foods' than I did in the first week - however, I have lost weight (around 2/3 kgs I think).

I read that my lethargy, acne and depression symptoms could be a herxheimer reaction because the toxins are being released from their storage as the fatty tissue breaks down and I lose weight - but I can't say for certain.

I do wonder if the lowered calorie intake is also a contributing factor to these symptoms (I have a history of disordered eating - bingeing and restricting, no purging though) - today I'm trying to eat around 2000 calories to see if that helps with tomorrows temp reading.

Any ideas? Could it herxheimer? Should I try more T3?

DesertRat

From what I understand, you'll have a hard time raising thyroid function on a diet that is low carb and uses only rice and quinoa. It's really a tough situation with your fructose and glucose sensitivities. You might have to wait until your acute reactions calm down before you start trying to raise T3 intake. I question the testing based on personal experience, where everything I'd eaten recently tested positive, and things that I knew I could not eat like gluten did not. I did ELISA at various labs and also the Sterling, VA lymphocyte testing over some 8 years. The key thing is that food reactions usually arise from a leaky gut. Keep doing things to improved the mucosal lining; even if you're not showing a gluten issue, since you're wheat intolerant keep away from all glutens 100 %. Once the gut starts to heal, you'll be able to eat more foods, including fruits and carbs. If you can find some carb sources that you don't react to (such as applesauce), you should include them in your diet. I'm not a big fan of the Herxheimer reaction theory -- I think it's overused. Sometimes symptoms are symptoms from lack of something.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals