Pregnenolone Dosing Morning Or Night?

mgrabs

When is the best time to take pregnenolone to mimmic correct circadian rhythm's?

Jayvee

Yeah last time I tried Pregnanolone I dosed to high and it made me tired for the day and then ruined my sleep and I havent dare touch it since. Lots of people report better sleep on it though so dose and timing (as always) definitely matter but I havent a clue what is the best approach

OP
M

mgrabs

Yeah last time I tried Pregnanolone I dosed to high and it made me tired for the day and then ruined my sleep and I havent dare touch it since. Lots of people report better sleep on it though so dose and timing (as always) definitely matter but I havent a clue what is the best approach
I took 100mg last night. Slept good. Tired today but i also took melatonin so that could be it. Ill let you know again tomorrow when i take tonight

I take it during the morning and find it synergistic with caffeine. 100mg, but sometimes I take up to 300mg spread throughout the day. I have not found it to be helpful for sleep although the increased allopregnanolone production should increase relaxation. Maybe it's because pregnenolone sulfate is a GABA antagonist.

OP
M

mgrabs

I take it during the morning and find it synergistic with caffeine. 100mg, but sometimes I take up to 300mg spread throughout the day. I have not found it to be helpful for sleep although the increased allopregnanolone production should increase relaxation. Maybe it's because pregnenolone sulfate is a GABA antagonist.
Interesting. I take 100mg at night. What is the bodies natural time to make preg?

Interesting. I take 100mg at night. What is the bodies natural time to make preg?
Pregnenolone is made by most cells in the mitochondria. The brain makes its own steroids locally, like progesterone. As far as I know they are produced continually, perhaps with a peak at night-time since that is when reparative and inhibitory processes are at their peak.

The question, in my opinion, is: at what time would I benefit the most from pregnenolone? Because this steroid has such an incredible array of normalizing and energy promoting functions, it would heavily depend on the particular person and what problems are trying to be addressed. So I benefit the most in the morning, but other may get the most at night, or perhaps at midday after a meal. When dealing with such a versatile compound experimentation is key.

FrostedShores

I'm not sure which is optimal, but my own experience has been that pregnenolone at higher doses (100mg or higher) really screws with my sleep to the point where it's basically impossible to get a good night's rest. On the other hand, lower doses (30mg or lower) improve the quality of my sleep. So it might be worth experimenting and seeing for yourself how you react to different doses.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals