Peppermint Acts As Serotonin Antagonist?

griesburner

Hey, as i sipped my peppermint tea for some gastric distress i searched for some studys on scholar and found this:

Mode of action of peppermint oil and (‐)‐menthol with respect to 5‐HT3 receptor subtypes: binding studies, cation uptake by receptor channels and contraction of isolated rat ileum

fulltext: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-00599827/document

seems that peppermint acts similar to ginger and is a 5-ht3 recepter antagonist.

i rarely drank peppermint tea cause i have heard and read some rat studys that said it lowers testosterone and is anti-androgenic. But no human studys in men were done. Only in woman with hirsutism to my knowledge and i think that says nothing at all.

But everytime i got some digestiv issues, the only thing that realy helps me is peppermint. And i think it tastes very nice too ;)

What do you guys think on implementing it on a more regular basis, not only for digestion but for antiserotoninergic mechanism?

BigBrain

dont over do with it because its estrogenic like you mention above in study

OP
griesburner

griesburner

How can we be sure its estrogenic? aren't all herbs or teas "estrogenic" cause of the polyphenols or something? Even coffee has lots of polyphenols, but its not called estrogenic.

And then i know this study in human males:
The effects of peppermint on exercise performance

They ingested peppermint oil and it reduced lactate levels, and improves exercise performance.
Very sad that they didnt test any hormones, but i cant imagine something potentially be very estrogenic and lowering testosterone or dht, but then improving exercise or muscle performance.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals