Peat + Old School Bodybuilding? An Experimental Quest

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

Update 11

(Yesterday, May 11)

AM Workout: 20 'Platz' squats, 20 pullovers. I really like the Platz squats with a shim under heels...they increase tension in your quads, even when using a lower weight.

PM Workout: Pull day! My little bro was in town so we worked out together. As a result there were some true ego lifts ?

Light Pullups
Deadlift: singles up to current PR, then new 8 rep PR
Zercher Deadlift: new PR! 315. Horrible form, but made it
BB Cheat Curls: 2 x 4 x 135
Weighted Pullups: 2 x 90, 6 x 45
DB Curls: lots until fatigue

^ Does this format make the workouts easier to decipher? Hope so!

Felt pretty stressed for a few hours after this workout. The Zercher DL was especially brutal, but I wanted to show my brother I could lift 3 plats. Oh well, we sure had fun!

Nutrition: Really went for it. Ate almost 2 pounds of beef for dinner, and about 6000 calories total! Going to start eating more beef again, I really like how it makes me feel. (Will try to balance out the amino's at least a little.)

Will also be opting for grass-fed beef here, as Dr. Peat has talked about the stress of the animal being passed into those who eat it. Similarly, the Torah commands people to not eat strangled animals. Hopefully the many cows I'll be eating will have lived happy lives!

I think beef and milk provides the perfect dietary base - for me. Attached is the day's cronometer.

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

Almost forgot:

crono51111.jpg

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

I heard it inhibits protein synthesis and that inflammation is needed for muscle growth post workout and thus aspirin wouldn't be beneficial
I've heard that too. Jujimufu / Jon Call discounts the concept in his book "Legendary Flexibility"...but then again, he's obviously on steroids.

Maybe there are both pros and cons.

Jonnie

5'11 bro but I live in Holland, tallest people on the planet, I barely cut it.
Been mewing since 2014 but I got to fix my faulty bite first else my assymetric face just gets worse.
I have an appointment to undergo MSE (midfacial skeletal expansion) treatment with reverse pullgear for some protraction of the maxilla (hopefully).

Jonnie

Aspirin and bodybuilding, whats everyones opinion, safe or not?
I heard it inhibits protein synthesis and that inflammation is needed for muscle growth post workout and thus aspirin wouldn't be beneficial
Heard the same thing. I only train like 2x a week so it might be beneficial to plan it on those off days.
If you train more days per week I can see aspirin getting in the way?

But I don't know the mechanisms behind aspirin inhibiting stuff so...

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

Been mewing since 2014 but I got to fix my faulty bite first else my assymetric face just gets worse.
I have an appointment to undergo MSE (midfacial skeletal expansion) treatment with reverse pullgear for some protraction of the maxilla (hopefully).
Ah I see. Can I offer another perspective?

Looks are only super-important when you're trying to FORCE a relationship/hookup/whatever.

If you let your next relationship happen naturally, factors such as height/facial symmetry become way less important...they fade to the background.

I try to let girls that find me attractive choose me. This may not be as good for T levels as what we've been talking about, but it's way, way easier.

Plenty of girls should find you attractive just from having muscles alone!

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

Another method / piece of food for thought:

Just get ripped and go to the beach. Maybe take some caffeine and progesterone/pregnenolone first? Everything else should take care of itself!

Here's a quote from Armand Tanny, the silver era bodybuilder who ate only raw food:

“It wasn’t that I couldn’t finish med school. I just loved the beach. I wanted to be there from dawn to dusk. Education is one thing, but you have to keep your perspective. You see, I loved chasing pretty girls.” - Armand Tanny [actual quote]

youngsinatra

I am also wondering about the same thing.
I think inflammation is essential for building muscles - and I‘ve seen some research on tocopherols (vitamin E), that might indicate that using it after a workout might hinder the hormetic inflammation.
But other studies say that it alters inflammation without impacting muscle growth.

I think Chris Masterjohn mentioned somewhere in his blog, that bodybuilder have increased needs for EFAs, especially arachidonic acid as a precursor for the prostaglandins.

Well I don‘t know the big picture, but maybe someone more knowledgeable has some insight!

David90

I‘ve tried this in the past. Haven’t had succes with it unfortunately.
Great face and adding your height if you’re tall = great success... for now I’ll just focus on other things untill I can fix my hairline and my maxilla.
True. One of my Female Collegues has a boyfriend that is at Least 6 Feet Tall with a good Jawline. So there is some Truth to that.

Most of them just want you to be 5'11" or 6' or taller, how tall are you?

Agreed, just focus on other things until you're fully happy with your looks. Eating really chewy foods can help with facial definition (frozen figs are great).
Also True. Here in Germany, most Boyfriends of the Women ar at least around 5'10 or 5'11 Minimum.

Interesting Idea with the Frozen Figs. You just put Fresh Figs in the Freezer in a Few Hours and Chew on it after?. Can someone Replicate that with Dried Figs too?

An Intresting Note is also that most Women over here (with very sharp Jawlines) are chewing Gum continusly. Maybe it has something to do with that. Or maybe something like Jawsizr is worth trying out.

Of course! I hope to try out just about everything people are recommending here at one point or another - experimentation for the win.

After weighted sit ups yesterday, my abs are very sore today. Always take that as a good sign.

I'll check out the AthleanX video later. Thanks again!
You're Welcome. Experimentation is always useful. Also ''Weighted Psycho Crunch'' is a Useful Weighted Exercises, that you will surely feel in the Abs, if done correctly.

If you choose to go this route, dating apps do make it easy.

Professional pictures + dog pictures + pictures with friends + some creativity in bio = great success.

Not necessarily recommending this, just saying lol.
Speaking of Pictues. If someone trys to go the Dating App Route, try to Make Face Pictures from the Side or Pictures from the Side (with a Visible Jawline).

Ah I see. Can I offer another perspective?

Looks are only super-important when you're trying to FORCE a relationship/hookup/whatever.

If you let your next relationship happen naturally, factors such as height/facial symmetry become way less important...they fade to the background.

I try to let girls that find me attractive choose me. This may not be as good for T levels as what we've been talking about, but it's way, way easier.

Plenty of girls should find you attractive just from having muscles alone!

On Point with the ''Girls that find me Attractive, choose me'' Part. I Lived by it in my ''Hookup'' Phase, Three Years ago. Yeah, this really may be not as good for T Levels but it Terms of Difficulty, it is way easier.

David90

I am also wondering about the same thing.
I think inflammation is essential for building muscles - and I‘ve seen some research on tocopherols (vitamin E), that might indicate that using it after a workout might hinder the hormetic inflammation.
But other studies say that it alters inflammation without impacting muscle growth.

I think Chris Masterjohn mentioned somewhere in his blog, that bodybuilder have increased needs for EFAs, especially arachidonic acid as a precursor for the prostaglandins.

Well I don‘t know the big picture, but maybe someone more knowledgeable has some insight!
@Hans Talked about that before. He does not take Vitamin E a few Hours before and after Workout (?).

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

@Hans Talked about that before. He does not take Vitamin E a few Hours before and after Workout (?).
Yes...excess antioxidants can dampen adaptation to training, or even slow one's overall metabolism.

That's a pretty clever idea to keep vit E intake and workouts separate.

If Hans sees this thread, it would be fascinating to see what he thinks! He has a very unified perspective on things - kind of like Peat IMO.

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

Update 12

(Today)

AM Workout: 20 'Platz' squats, 20 pullovers. I did these in a few supersets to switch things up. The supersets allow for slightly more weight at the same stress level. Apparently Reg Park used to superset his squats and pullovers too!

PM Workout: Push day. Took it a little easier since my entire back was super sore from yesterday's festivities!

Bench press: singles up to 1RM (tied PR)
Bench press: 3 x 10 w/ lighter weight
Weighted dip: 2 x 4 (new PR)
Bodyweight dip: lots

Nutrition: 4800 cals. Still kind of full from yesterday...focused on meat, milk, eggs, bone broth, and dried fruit.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals