Peat + Old School Bodybuilding? An Experimental Quest

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

I honestly wondered about it and think that is the case. And I know at least 2 cases that confirm this.
I have been with more women sexually this year than I've ever been before in my life. Very curious how my T levels will look once I test them again.
Might have to try it. You know, in the name of 'science.' ?

But...without getting too conspiratorial...would you be intimate with a vaccinated person? I'm unsure.

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

Update 9

AM Workout: Squats + pullovers. Decided to switch it up by using near-max weight on the squats. Might just do that once a week to gauge strength gains!

PM Workout. Skipped it entirely, oh well. :confused:

Nutrition: 4800+ calories. Went off the normal nutrition plan thanks to Mother's Day festivities. Always keep PUFA to a minimum though.

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

Update 10

Workout: Rest day. Tried some weighted situps for the first time per @David90 's suggestions. Good stuff! Doing them weighted seems to reduce the need for lots of volume.

Nutrition: Gonna try eating very simply today: whole milk, meat, bone broth, collagen, carrot, fruits, and honey. My body is a little inflamed from the gluten and wine yesterday.

On the plus side, finally gaining weight again! Now 177 pounds. Hoping to get to 180 ASAP.

Jonnie

I honestly wondered about it and think that is the case. And I know at least 2 cases that confirm this.
I have been with more women sexually this year than I've ever been before in my life. Very curious how my T levels will look once I test them again.
Can you share how you are with more women than you've ever been? Is it dating apps?
I need to know for optimizing androgen levels...

Risingfire

What type of CortiNon do you all recommend for anabolism? Looking at the checkout page there are 4 types.

@Risingfire
Personally, the 3:1 with tocopherols gave me the best results. Best pump in my 30's by far. I would take 5 drops 30 minutes before the gym.

I've also tried 20:1 ratio using pansterone and progest-e. Results aren't the same for the gym. @OccamzRazer how old are you?

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

Personally, the 3:1 with tocopherols gave me the best results. Best pump in my 30's by far. I would take 5 drops 30 minutes before the gym.

I've also tried 20:1 ratio using pansterone and progest-e. Results aren't the same for the gym. @OccamzRazer how old are you?
Awesome thanks! I'll probably just start with that 3:1 version then.

I'm 26.

David90

Update 10

Workout: Rest day. Tried some weighted situps for the first time per @David90 's suggestions. Good stuff! Doing them weighted seems to reduce the need for lots of volume.

Nutrition: Gonna try eating very simply today: whole milk, meat, bone broth, collagen, carrot, fruits, and honey. My body is a little inflamed from the gluten and wine yesterday.

On the plus side, finally gaining weight again! Now 177 pounds. Hoping to get to 180 ASAP.
Yay, you try'ed my Exercise out. In General, every Weighted Abs Exercise is good (Weighted Sit Ups, Weighted Cable Crunches, Weighted V Ups, Weighted Russian Twists and so forth. 10 (Weighted) Sets per Week should be Enough. Also Athlean-X Explains it very good in this Video, why to Train Abs with Weights:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWgV7-qaAjE

Gonna play devil’s advocate here:

Women don’t want to be ”the prettier part”. They want to be the cute feminine little girlie girl, this usually requires a taller handsome chad.

Maybe those balding cardio men have domineering women because they are bald, unattractive and low androgen.
If a man has hair and is chad, the women won’t dare to be domineering because she doesn’t want to lose him as she potentially doesn’t have better options.

The hookup stuff is a waste of time if you’re not chad. I tried it for a few years, it’s just too rough if you’re not chad and don’t like slapping with whales.

I do believe regular sex with women will raise your androgens more compared to masturbation.
Agreed on the Last Part. I think so too, that regular Sex with Women will raise Androgens to a certain Degree. Hookup Stuff CAN surely be a waste of Time,

I'm Curious too. It would not wonder me, if T Levels even raised, after that.

Yeah the weighted pullups are awesome.

Have you tried zercher deadlifts? Just got into them and love them. Very much a full body lift!
Yeah. I like them too. Best Weight was 30KG/66 Pounds for 5 Reps. In General i like training Back More then any other Bodypart.

Zercher Deadlift?. Never try'ed them before. But i think i saw them before from Eric Bugenhagen (?).

Update 9

AM Workout: Squats + pullovers. Decided to switch it up by using near-max weight on the squats. Might just do that once a week to gauge strength gains!

PM Workout. Skipped it entirely, oh well. :confused:

Nutrition: 4800+ calories. Went off the normal nutrition plan thanks to Mother's Day festivities. Always keep PUFA to a minimum though.

Regarding Strength Gains: I Think.....Jeff Nippard had a Video on that Before. He advocates to Limit Deadlifting and Squatting to around 2x per Week to keep Overtraining at Bay (?).

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

Yeah. I like them too. Best Weight was 30KG/66 Pounds for 5 Reps. In General i like training Back More then any other Bodypart.

Zercher Deadlift?. Never try'ed them before. But i think i saw them before from Eric Bugenhagen (?).
Ah, you're strong on that one!

I normally do something like 1 x 100+, 2 x 90, 4 x 45, then some bodyweight ones.

Yes Eric B really perfected the Zercher deadlift. Apparently it's a love or hate lift...but to me it actually feels better on the back than regular deadlifts.

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

Yay, you try'ed my Exercise out. In General, every Weighted Abs Exercise is good (Weighted Sit Ups, Weighted Cable Crunches, Weighted V Ups, Weighted Russian Twists and so forth. 10 (Weighted) Sets per Week should be Enough. Also Athlean-X Explains it very good in this Video, why to Train Abs with Weights:
Of course! I hope to try out just about everything people are recommending here at one point or another - experimentation for the win.

After weighted sit ups yesterday, my abs are very sore today. Always take that as a good sign.

I'll check out the AthleanX video later. Thanks again!

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

Thoughts On Eating Like a Little Piggy

I didn't eat much yesterday - kind of on-the-go and high stress all day. Maybe 3,300 calories total?

Today, I woke up at 174 pounds again! Apparently the weight I'd been gaining was mostly just water, courtesy of having replete glycogen stores. I actually look more muscular and leaner than when I started documenting things here.

True to the name of this log, I've been doing some more research on what the silver-era bodybuilders ate. After all, many of them gained huge amounts of weight at a young age when they first started lifting - and they presumably also had very high metabolisms!

Could it be that being low-PUFA - as they probably were then and I definitely am now - makes bulking much harder?

Based off the research, it seems so.

Moving forward
A more extreme approach is needed, so I'm going to really step up the calorie intake.

Might just eat a set amount of milk, meat, smoothies, and honey every day...then add ice cream, date rolls, and dried fruits to push above natural appetite. I think I'll start eating 5 meals a day, too, up from 4.

What I DON'T want to do is spin my wheels. Really hope to get to 180 pounds ASAP.

Also:

Just ordered StressNon and CortiNon per the advice of many of you. I was leaning towards waiting at first, but think these might help me gain weight by boosting muscle synthesis. Thanks for the suggestions!

If this new approach doesn't enable weight gain, then I will consider T3.

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

Can you share how you are with more women than you've ever been? Is it dating apps?
I need to know for optimizing androgen levels...
If you choose to go this route, dating apps do make it easy.

Professional pictures + dog pictures + pictures with friends + some creativity in bio = great success.

Not necessarily recommending this, just saying lol.

Jonnie

If you choose to go this route, dating apps do make it easy.

Professional pictures + dog pictures + pictures with friends + some creativity in bio = great success.

Not necessarily recommending this, just saying lol.
I‘ve tried this in the past. Haven’t had succes with it unfortunately.
Great face and adding your height if you’re tall = great success... for now I’ll just focus on other things untill I can fix my hairline and my maxilla.

Thoughts On Eating Like a Little Piggy

I didn't eat much yesterday - kind of on-the-go and high stress all day. Maybe 3,300 calories total?

Today, I woke up at 174 pounds again! Apparently the weight I'd been gaining was mostly just water, courtesy of having replete glycogen stores. I actually look more muscular and leaner than when I started documenting things here.

True to the name of this log, I've been doing some more research on what the silver-era bodybuilders ate. After all, many of them gained huge amounts of weight at a young age when they first started lifting - and they presumably also had very high metabolisms!

Could it be that being low-PUFA - as they probably were then and I definitely am now - makes bulking much harder?

Based off the research, it seems so.

Moving forward
A more extreme approach is needed, so I'm going to really step up the calorie intake.

Might just eat a set amount of milk, meat, smoothies, and honey every day...then add ice cream, date rolls, and dried fruits to push above natural appetite. I think I'll start eating 5 meals a day, too, up from 4.

What I DON'T want to do is spin my wheels. Really hope to get to 180 pounds ASAP.

Also:

Just ordered StressNon and CortiNon per the advice of many of you. I was leaning towards waiting at first, but think these might help me gain weight by boosting muscle synthesis. Thanks for the suggestions!

If this new approach doesn't enable weight gain, then I will consider T3.
Sounds like a plan. Just wondering if you already burn through all the calories like crazy, wouldn’t T3 exacerbate that?

vetbusd

really appreciate this thread boys!
I will join you when my health improves

Inabruzzo

Forum Supporter
Hi all!

First let me say that I've LOVED being on this forum the past few months.

You all are the most intelligent, thoughtful, and kind (for the most part hehe) group of internet-users I've ever come across!

So...thanks for being you. Thanks for being freethinkers, at a time when this type of thinking seems to be increasingly looked down upon.

~ ~ ~

That prologue aside, onto the purpose of this log.

I'm going to try and combine Peat principles with old-school bodybuilding in an attempt to gain muscle without sacrificing health or healthspan.

My entire life I've had this innate desire to be physically healthy and mentally free. Since the time I was about 4 years old, I've had the sense that the diseases of humanity were optional and not genetically determined. Weird, right?

Anyways...recently I've been learning more and more about old school bodybuilders. The way they lived...the way they trained...it's fascinating stuff!

Many of them followed principles that we'd now recognize as being 'Peaty' - or at least bioenergetically-friendly - and these principles produced incredible results.

I think their methods can be further improved by combining their training principles with Dr. Peat's metabolic principles.

In this log I'll do my best to document whether this union of Peat + Silver Era bodybuilding succeeds or fails.

Hope you all get something out of whatever happens next!
You had me at Old School Bodybuilding ?

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

Sounds like a plan. Just wondering if you already burn through all the calories like crazy, wouldn’t T3 exacerbate that?
Possibly...seems like it could go either way, which is why this is a last resort.

Peat used T3 when he was young to slow down his metabolism, there's a thread on it here somewhere!

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

I‘ve tried this in the past. Haven’t had succes with it unfortunately.
Great face and adding your height if you’re tall = great success... for now I’ll just focus on other things untill I can fix my hairline and my maxilla.
Most of them just want you to be 5'11" or 6' or taller, how tall are you?

Agreed, just focus on other things until you're fully happy with your looks. Eating really chewy foods can help with facial definition (frozen figs are great).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals