Normal/High Testosterone but low DHEA-S

mad539

Hello,

after some changes in my diet, my low testosterone went from 500 to 800 ng/dL (total). My free-T also increased and is now in the normal range.

My DHEA-S was very low and is still very low:
lab.png
I'm 30 years old (male).

Because of the low DHEA-S, does it make sense to supplement with pansterone? I've read somewhere that topical DHEA doesn't influence DHEA-S, as it doesn't go through the liver for sulfation. Does it then make sense to take normal oral DHEA?

I hope to get somehow my memory and mental issues under control, and looking at the labs, i think DHEA-S is some part of the cause.

I'm happy to hear any insights on this, thank you.

Best regards,
mad

shine

Yes, it makes sense. You can buy 5mg capsules and take 1-2 a day. If you take two per day take one in the morning and one in the evening.

Or you take Pansterone orally and also get the memory/mental health benefits of the pregnenolone it contains. But please notice that Pansterone is not intended for oral use.

IVILA

Yes, it makes sense. You can buy 5mg capsules and take 1-2 a day. If you take two per day take one in the morning and one in the evening.

Or you take Pansterone orally and also get the memory/mental health benefits of the pregnenolone it contains. But please notice that Pansterone is not intended for oral use.
Why not just rub it topically? I'm pretty sure it has the same effects and raises your DHEA/pregnenolone levels in general.

shine

Why not just rub it topically? I'm pretty sure it has the same effects and raises your DHEA/pregnenolone levels in general.

I don't talk to minions of the World Government.

mad539

I wonder what were those changes.
I would like to know too. I changed my diet to only meat (red meat, chicken, lamm) with a carb source (mostly sweet potatoe, some rice) and some eggs (nearly no veggies). And i started treatment for lyme.

My digestion improved a lot on the diet (nearly zero bloating) and when digestion works, maybe the rest is following?

victormgc

Out of curiosity, how is your hair doing? High T, low free T and low DHEA-S is what I would consider a good condition for hair growth.

mad539

I have very dense hair, no hair loss, no turning gray. It didn't change a bit in the last 15 years.
My free T is now high, but was very low since ever. DHT was also very low, but havn't checked lately.

IVILA

I have very dense hair, no hair loss, no turning gray. It didn't change a bit in the last 15 years.
My free T is now high, but was very low since ever. DHT was also very low, but havn't checked lately.
what lifestyle changes did you do that made your testosterone increase that high though?

Chophouse360

Hello,

after some changes in my diet, my low testosterone went from 500 to 800 ng/dL (total). My free-T also increased and is now in the normal range.

My DHEA-S was very low and is still very low:
View attachment 22427
I'm 30 years old (male).

Because of the low DHEA-S, does it make sense to supplement with pansterone? I've read somewhere that topical DHEA doesn't influence DHEA-S, as it doesn't go through the liver for sulfation. Does it then make sense to take normal oral DHEA?

I hope to get somehow my memory and mental issues under control, and looking at the labs, i think DHEA-S is some part of the cause.

I'm happy to hear any insights on this, thank you.

Best regards,

Missenger

dude that's the lamest answer you can give to someone. I just asked a question. Don't have to be an expert on this
You have to micro-dose DHEA so it doesn't aromatase into estrogen by like 5 mg or so, one teaspoon is like 2000-5000 mg of your typical powder, that's a hassle in itself just to mix up a solution. It's nice to think about mixing up a solution but you'd have to be very strict about it.

shine

dude that's the lamest answer you can give to someone. I just asked a question. Don't have to be an expert on this

lmao I just made a joke because of your "Smoker" profile pic.

The SULT2A1 enzyme that converts DHEA to DHEA-S is highly expressed in the liver so taking it orally and subjecting it to the first pass effect could yield more DHEA-S than applying it to skin tissue. I don't know about the SULT2A1 expression in skin tissue though.

IVILA

lmao I just made a joke because of your "Smoker" profile pic.

The SULT2A1 enzyme that converts DHEA to DHEA-S is highly expressed in the liver so taking it orally and subjecting it to the first pass effect could yield more DHEA-S than applying it to skin tissue. I don't know about the SULT2A1 expression in skin tissue though.
Smoker is the most badass character there is lol!

Yeah I agree with you, but DHEA- sulfate levels don't really matter anyways. What really matters is that your regular/salivary DHEA levels increase. The sulfate form is more of a carrier protein which is pretty much on reserve like albumins fuction. You're literally rubbing a topical hormone, it will obviously raise your levels and help relieve symptoms.